what's the ceiling for Stanley Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 2451

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
VanGundy really messed Stanley up, however there's still hope for this talented young player to carve out a spot for himself in this league. I don't expect all-start status, but he can defensively make a significant impact and prove to be a workman on the offensive end.

I'm glad he's on the team and hoping he fits in nicely next season!


He messed himself up for not having a jumper. That could change though


Well if you were at thinking Andrew Wiggins... Don't!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 2193
Location: SoCal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I agree that we've likely already seen his ceiling. But, also no harm in hoping he returns and that Jent is able to help his shooting at least a little.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 6568

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one who thinks his defense was overrated?
I recall his early games he was doing well and I believe he did well against Harden which got him some recognition. But after that I thought he got blown by often. But I might be misremembering.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

Current squad: Lebron | AD | RW | THT | Nunn | AR | Stan | WG | Max | Pip | Swider
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20036

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks his defense was overrated?
I recall his early games he was doing well and I believe he did well against Harden which got him some recognition. But after that I thought he got blown by often. But I might be misremembering.


He is serviceable/ok imo.

He stood out because we had a bunch of pickup basketball players who didn’t know what defense is or just didn’t give a (bleep).
_________________
2022-23 Klutch Angeles Lakers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 3154

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

rebounding needs work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 11729
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks his defense was overrated?
I recall his early games he was doing well and I believe he did well against Harden which got him some recognition. But after that I thought he got blown by often. But I might be misremembering.


He is serviceable/ok imo.

He stood out because we had a bunch of pickup basketball players who didn’t know what defense is or just didn’t give a (bleep).



THAT was what stood out most to me about Stanley.. He gave a (bleep) and plays a bit of bully ball.. He didn't care if we were down 20 he was still trying to push our guys and hustle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 115587

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks his defense was overrated?
I recall his early games he was doing well and I believe he did well against Harden which got him some recognition. But after that I thought he got blown by often. But I might be misremembering.


He is serviceable/ok imo.

He stood out because we had a bunch of pickup basketball players who didn’t know what defense is or just didn’t give a (bleep).



THAT was what stood out most to me about Stanley.. He gave a (bleep) and plays a bit of bully ball.. He didn't care if we were down 20 he was still trying to push our guys and hustle


He played like a guy competing for multiple 10 day deals and a minimum contract. Literally one of his last chances to stay in the league and he took full advantage of it.
_________________
LBJ missed games:
20-21: 27/72 (37.5% missed)
21-22: 26/82 (31% missed)

AD missed games:
20-21: 36/72 (50% missed)
21-22: 40/82 (48% missed)

Lakers wins and win%:
20-21: 42-30 (58% win)
21-22: 33-49 (40% win)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21072

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
rebounding needs work

shooting needs work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 13778

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
VanGundy really messed Stanley up, however there's still hope for this talented young player to carve out a spot for himself in this league. I don't expect all-start status, but he can defensively make a significant impact and prove to be a workman on the offensive end.

I'm glad he's on the team and hoping he fits in nicely next season!


He messed himself up for not having a jumper. That could change though


Well if you were at thinking Andrew Wiggins... Don't!


Why would Wiggins be the guy? Where did that come from?
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB