Max Christie the Lakers 35th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2014
Posts: 1798

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject:

kids gonna be good. another steal for our scouting department
_________________
He's my GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8125

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
kids gonna be good. another steal for our scouting department


That's my opinion of him as well. He's bricking a lot right now, so he has a way to go to improve. But he knows how to get open. And I'm enjoying his sneaky handles. He rebounds well, and love the way he maneuvers around screens on defense and always contests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njgsdyZ4kY0

"Once he starts hitting his shot..." - I know we say this about a lot of guys. My ceiling for him offensively is a taller CJ Mac. So not really CJ Mac, cuz a taller CJ Mac would be so good hahaha. My floor is Michael Carter-Williams, the Chicago Bulls version
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1083

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

He's G-League talent, at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8125

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


+1 Jamaal
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12170

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


He's raw. Probably won't contribute much, if anything this year. He has some upside though. He is going to need to improve his shot and his finishing, but he's athletic and can play defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3926

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


Care to provide specifics/explanation?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 1412

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


Care to provide specifics/explanation?


lol Don't hold your breath. There will be those who see the negatives in a young players game, and think that's all they'll ever be. Went through this same thing with B.I.. And, in some ways, that's who Christie most reminds me of...just shorter.

Both were touted to be shooters, but struggled as rookie's. Both were high IQ players, who exhibited flashes of having an all-around game. Bit of passing, bit of shooting, bit of handling, bit of defense, etc.. Took a few years...bumpy ones...before B.I. really broke out, in New Orleans. But, while a Laker, people argued that Kuz was the better player, and that B.I. was just a mid-tier player.

Curious to see which direction Christie goes. I'm rooting for him.
_________________
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1083

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


Care to provide specifics/explanation?


Sure. My specifics are the numbers that don't lie and the explanation is facts plus eye test. See link below for his stats in pre-season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432582/max-christie

So those are my specifics (based on facts) and explanation.

Would you care to provide specifics/explanation for your assessment?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1083

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


Care to provide specifics/explanation?


lol Don't hold your breath. There will be those who see the negatives in a young players game, and think that's all they'll ever be. Went through this same thing with B.I.. And, in some ways, that's who Christie most reminds me of...just shorter.

Both were touted to be shooters, but struggled as rookie's. Both were high IQ players, who exhibited flashes of having an all-around game. Bit of passing, bit of shooting, bit of handling, bit of defense, etc.. Took a few years...bumpy ones...before B.I. really broke out, in New Orleans. But, while a Laker, people argued that Kuz was the better player, and that B.I. was just a mid-tier player.

Curious to see which direction Christie goes. I'm rooting for him.


You don't have to hold your breath, blueface.

My specifics are the numbers that don't lie and the explanation is facts plus eye test. See link below for his stats in pre-season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432582/max-christie

So those are my specifics (based on facts) and explanation.

Would you care to provide specifics/explanation for your assessment that Max Christie is like Brandon Ingram? Hahaha. Not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 23055

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8125

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.


Even if it's facts and eye test?
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3926

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:32 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


Care to provide specifics/explanation?


Sure. My specifics are the numbers that don't lie and the explanation is facts plus eye test. See link below for his stats in pre-season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432582/max-christie

So those are my specifics (based on facts) and explanation.

Would you care to provide specifics/explanation for your assessment?


Is this your projection for this year or for his career?

I actually didn’t provide an assessment. Just thought your comment was interesting and wanted to see where you are coming from
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117111

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject:

We will end up needing his size. He's a legit 6'5, maybe even 6'6 in shoes. He has good length and defensive skills. He lacks strength and getting shots off quickly against NBA talent. I think by January, he may sneak into the rotation b/c we lack wing sized defenders.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 7521

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

It really speaks to the Laker’s current situation that there is this discussion about a 19 yr old second round pick becoming a much needed rotation player.

IMO a nice find. He has potential. Needs to spend a year or two working on his body and game. Not being forced into the lineup and thrown to the wolves against developed professionals. More importantly opened up to the scrutiny and criticisms when he gets his weaknesses exploited.

Lakers keep doing this and fans keep expecting something different. When you draft young underdeveloped players it takes patience. Laker fans have none.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 2058

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
It really speaks to the Laker’s current situation that there is this discussion about a 19 yr old second round pick becoming a much needed rotation player.

IMO a nice find. He has potential. Needs to spend a year or two working on his body and game. Not being forced into the lineup and thrown to the wolves against developed professionals. More importantly opened up to the scrutiny and criticisms when he gets his weaknesses exploited.

Lakers keep doing this and fans keep expecting something different. When you draft young underdeveloped players it takes patience. Laker fans have none.


This. He's likely at least 2 years away. The issue is not Christie or even the choice of Christie, the issue is how desperate the fan-base is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 65131
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.


Even if it's facts and eye test?


Imagine thinking Brandon Ingram sucks for the same reasons.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 7521

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epic_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.


Even if it's facts and eye test?


Imagine thinking Brandon Ingram sucks for the same reasons.


By using the same reasoning, there might have been an an argument.

Judging a 19 yr old Ingram (all 190 lbs soaking wet of him) in his rookie pre-season would have been just as meaningful.

Players need to mature physically and mentally for the NBA. Some start more β€œready” then others. Some have a skillset that is one more one dimensional and can contribute earlier. Some have potential and need to mature.

Expectations are the curse. Christie has shown some solid fundamentals and potential. Expecting him to contribute significantly in the shadows of Laker greats current and historical is rarely going to work.

Christie is a nice player that should be one of the leaders of his Spartan team and gaining experience as a Sophomore. Not getting called a bust because he is not living up to unreasonable fan expectations in NBA pre-season.

When you draft a project, you have to let the project develop. If you want an instant impact player don’t draft a 19 yr old project. This applies to Ingram just as much as it does Christie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 65131
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
epic_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.


Even if it's facts and eye test?


Imagine thinking Brandon Ingram sucks for the same reasons.


By using the same reasoning, there might have been an an argument.

Judging a 19 yr old Ingram (all 190 lbs soaking wet of him) in his rookie pre-season would have been just as meaningful.

Players need to mature physically and mentally for the NBA. Some start more β€œready” then others. Some have a skillset that is one more one dimensional and can contribute earlier. Some have potential and need to mature.

Expectations are the curse. Christie has shown some solid fundamentals and potential. Expecting him to contribute significantly in the shadows of Laker greats current and historical is rarely going to work.

Christie is a nice player that should be one of the leaders of his Spartan team and gaining experience as a Sophomore. Not getting called a bust because he is not living up to unreasonable fan expectations in NBA pre-season.

When you draft a project, you have to let the project develop. If you want an instant impact player don’t draft a 19 yr old project. This applies to Ingram just as much as it does Christie.


This is why I don't trust everyone's eye-test, especially when it's tied to the idea of projection.

The secret is, all players are projects. Some are just more polished by age than others. That doesn't mean the other players can't get to NBA level skill sets either.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8125

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epic_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.


Even if it's facts and eye test?


Imagine thinking Brandon Ingram sucks for the same reasons.


No one should doubt Jamaal's eye test.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2020
Posts: 1526

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

20 minutes tonight? Could use his size on the wing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8125

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

MikeTrout wrote:
20 minutes tonight? Could use his size on the wing


I doubt he gets minutes over Russ, Walker, Patty, Nunn, AR.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8125

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ryan Ward
@RyanWardLA

Lakers have assigned rookie Max Christie to the South Bay Lakers.


Lets get those reps in.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 1412

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.


Care to provide specifics/explanation?


lol Don't hold your breath. There will be those who see the negatives in a young players game, and think that's all they'll ever be. Went through this same thing with B.I.. And, in some ways, that's who Christie most reminds me of...just shorter.

Both were touted to be shooters, but struggled as rookie's. Both were high IQ players, who exhibited flashes of having an all-around game. Bit of passing, bit of shooting, bit of handling, bit of defense, etc.. Took a few years...bumpy ones...before B.I. really broke out, in New Orleans. But, while a Laker, people argued that Kuz was the better player, and that B.I. was just a mid-tier player.

Curious to see which direction Christie goes. I'm rooting for him.


You don't have to hold your breath, blueface.

My specifics are the numbers that don't lie and the explanation is facts plus eye test. See link below for his stats in pre-season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432582/max-christie

So those are my specifics (based on facts) and explanation.

Would you care to provide specifics/explanation for your assessment that Max Christie is like Brandon Ingram? Hahaha. Not even close.


Imagine...basing your projection conjecture off a link to an ESPN gamelog from 6 preseason games, and 1 regular season game...without any kind of context. Because those games solidify the totality of Christies future, for you. Sorry, still holding my breath, guy.

Also, I don't think calling me "blueface" is the serve, you think it is. I'm not Ugly Sonic. I'm sonic the laker. I'm the handsome one...
_________________
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1083

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
epic_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
"I'm basing my opinion solely on the Rookie's pre-season." is not the serve you think it is.


Even if it's facts and eye test?


Imagine thinking Brandon Ingram sucks for the same reasons.


Imagine thinking Brandon Ingram and Max Christie were comparable as rookies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 47583

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
South Bay Lakers@SouthBayLakers
OFFICIAL: The Lakers have assigned guard Max Christie to the South Bay Lakers.



https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1584625398398472192?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB