B/R NBA Insider Poll: Next Season's Lakers Team Will Be....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: B/R NBA Insider Poll: Next Season's Lakers Team Will Be....

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport B/R NBA Insider Poll: Next Season's Lakers Team Will Be.... -- I had some fun with this; give me a word (or a few words) on what LAL will be this coming season:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083428-br-nba-insider-poll-next-seasons-lakers-team-will-be

Cheers,

EP
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

we will have a better regular season maybe but IMHO a worse showing in the postseason. Hopefully, I am wrong. I saw an X (formerly twitter)- that said lakers think they can get 50 wins. Then someone posted over/under 50 wins or games played by their star.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
we will have a better regular season maybe but IMHO a worse showing in the postseason. Hopefully, I am wrong. I saw an X (formerly twitter)- that said lakers think they can get 50 wins. Then someone posted over/under 50 wins or games played by their star.

You are assuming the team will stay put and not make any further moves. I think this team is ripe for a trade or two, so that assumption IMO is shaky.

Suns are banking on their 3 stars (all who missed about 30 or more games last season) to stay healthy. Kawhi/PG missed more games than LBJ/AD.

The difference this year is that we will start with continuity and more help across the board.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:33 am    Post subject:

We’ll be champs
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
We’ll be champs

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You are assuming the team will stay put and not make any further moves. I think this team is ripe for a trade or two, so that assumption IMO is shaky.

Suns are banking on their 3 stars (all who missed about 30 or more games last season) to stay healthy. Kawhi/PG missed more games than LBJ/AD.

The difference this year is that we will start with continuity and more help across the board.

Do you think we will be a true contender to Denver (rather than just the other team in conference semis), like I think Milwaukee and possibly Boston and the Warriors will be? Heat too if they make netpositive trade.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:30 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Do you think we will be a true contender to Denver (rather than just the other team in conference semis), like I think Milwaukee and possibly Boston and the Warriors will be? Heat too if they make netpositive trade.
You ask 2 questions - will we be a true contender to Denver and can we “realistically” (on paper and while we are still in summer) beat the Nuggets

Yes
Yes

With the current CBA resulting in most teams being top heavy resulting in injuries and bench being strategic factors - every team has serious challenges

Nuggets will encounter the best effort and scrutiny/analysis breakdowns from every team they face to find any weaknesses.

Last edited by A Mad Chinaman on Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
We’ll be champs

Its hard for me to rain on this parade. Reserving my flight back to LA now.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I just hope our team stays healthy. With some injury luck on our side, I can see us win, but we're nowhere near being a favorite.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject:

Has anybody done an extensive breakdown on what the Nuggets exposed in DLo game that goes beyond Ham's explanation of just making shots and staying aggressive

Nuggets were identifying him on D, what issues were exposed

Any updates on what DLo is doing to improve his game during the off-season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: