NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject:

can someone help me understand why Udoka is being suspended for a full season? Is that really the base penalty for having a relationship with a staff member?

Don't get me wrong, his moral compass needs to be tuned up considering he is engaged to another woman but this seems like a very harsh penalty for engaging in a consensual act with a staff member.

In any case, F boston.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject:

Indiana and Utah are off the list.
Charlotte?
We are in dark horse territory now.

Last edited by hydrohead on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Bogs would have been nice, but the Jazz didn't want to deal with the Lakers without ripping them off.

Fixed that for you. Every team that wants to deal with the Lakers, only wants to take away the first round picks. Dealing with any other team, they will take less. The Lakers tax is real.

If the same deal of Westbrook and a first came from any other team, the Pacers would take that deal for Buddy Hield and Turner months ago. People here really think Utah and Indiana’s junk are worth 2 first round picks are (bleep) delusional and pathetically desperate.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject:

The national narrative this year is going to be calling for Pelinka’s head. Some of that will be deserved, some of it a function of the LeBron Defense League. Jeanie has already laid the groundwork to distance herself and Rob is entering the last year of his contract.

In terms of whose next after Rob, I would expect Jeanie to look backwards, not forward….trying to find some Laker Magic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
If Russell was as bad as you guys make him out to be they would have bought out his contract long ago.

You think a team that is balking at paying luxury taxes and don't have the deep pockets of billionaire owned teams are going to pay Russ $45m (2m buyout) to not play? Of course not.

I mean, they LOVE Russ so much that they traded for Bev, signed Dennis, and have kept Nunn. What a unique way to show their support.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Lakers want a Westbrook trade where they improve but:

-don’t want to take additional salary beyond this year for their cap space/repeater tax plan.
-don’t want to increase this year’s payroll due to luxury tax concerns.
-don’t want to give up a frp or 2 unless it leads to a championship.

All that means is Westbrook isn’t traded unless it’s for a star, which likely isn’t happening for only those 2 frps in this current market.

I don't think #2 is a concern. #1 is important but #3 is what matters.

None of the proposed deals move the needle.

I'm in Dr. Laker's camp and I would like to trade for Shai. While Shai doesn't mean #3, the deal would set us up for the future, a top 10 point guard that is 24 years old.

Luke Doncic
Dejounte Murray
James Harden
Ja Morant
Trae Young
Kyrie Irving
Steph Curry
Chris Paul
Lemelo Ball
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/playerstats/22/2/eff
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The national narrative this year is going to be calling for Pelinka’s head. Some of that will be deserved, some of it a function of the LeBron Defense League. Jeanie has already laid the groundwork to distance herself and Rob is entering the last year of his contract.

In terms of whose next after Rob, I would expect Jeanie to look backwards, not forward….trying to find some Laker Magic.

Kurt Rambis, come on down. Oh wait, he's already down here.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
can someone help me understand why Udoka is being suspended for a full season? Is that really the base penalty for having a relationship with a staff member?

Don't get me wrong, his moral compass needs to be tuned up considering he is engaged to another woman but this seems like a very harsh penalty for engaging in a consensual act with a staff member.

In any case, F boston.

Nope, not a harsh penalty at all. Surprised it wasn't a permanent firing.
It's not about being consensual, it's a strict company policy especially for a higher ranking person to have a relationship with a subordinate or lower level staff member. It's an abuse of power or whatever they have written in their company policy.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:

See my earlier comment. In addition, he isn't just another employee of the Celtics. For some purposes, he is the face of the team. A lot of ordinary employers would fire someone like him or would fire them both.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject:

Pics of the Udoka and the staff member or it didn't happen.

By the way Jazz fans seem to already hate Ainge.

hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I think we all know that Kurt has his voice in these trade negotiations.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I think the most i have to look forward to this year is the petty infighting and FO leaks on who is to blame for what that will most certainly be coming out by midseason.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Charlotte?

We should work an angle with Utah and Oklahoma City for Shai.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I think the most i have to look forward to this year is the petty infighting and FO leaks on who is to blame for what that will most certainly be coming out by midseason.

I already have my list ready to go.

Robe Lowe
Lebron
Westbrook
LG
Nunn
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject:

The only guy I want from Charlotte is PJ Washington, but apparently PJ is as valuable as Phoenix's Mikal Bridges and Boston's Robert Williams.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I'd say by the end of training camp. I think that the Menace of the Rambii stuff has run its course, but we may get some more of it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject:

On the Bogdanovic deal, FRP my ass

It’s so funny how teams try to swindle FRPs from the Lakers because they have seen the stupidity and now that the Lakers aren’t being stupid, you see the real market value of these role players.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'd say by the end of training camp. I think that the Menace of the Rambii stuff has run its course, but we may get some more of it.

There'll be some "The team is still learning Ham's system" narrative to buttress against the inevitable disappointing start. A Lebron or AD injury would also buy some time.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Charlotte?

We should work an angle with Utah and Oklahoma City for Shai.

Rob may be waiting for the next domino to fall, such as this.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

JUST-MING wrote:
If Russell was as bad as you guys make him out to be they would have bought out his contract long ago.

I don't see much benefit in buying him out. That would just kill a ton of cap space and eliminate the possibility of a lot of deals, because we would have no salary to match anymore.

And I wouldn't call Russell bad. There are definitely fit problems with the lakers. His salary and reputation just far exceed his production as a player at this point. He's probably an average or somewhat below average point guard at this point but he's one of the highest paid players in the league

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

ESPNrank 6-10:

10. Booker
9. Morant
8. Durant
7. Tatum
6. Lebron

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34632096/nbarank-2022-ranking-best-players-2022-23-10-6

So that leaves Jokic, Giannis, Curry, Embiid, and Doncic.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Why do you think she called PJ in to "observe"? She's already got Pelinka's replacement at the ready.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

Looking that BB deal. Wouldn't it have been possible if we moved THT/Nunn for BB? Maybe add a second rounder?

Guess the Lakers weren't so high on him after all, but I've heard their interest in both Bogdan's for years, including using Kuzma.

He would have been a bigger pick up than Beverly IMO roster wise, becasue when the big 3 played their best ball, it was usually with AD at the 5 and Melo going off, with Lebron/WB taking turns driving the ball. This is the only way I viewed last year's team as any good when we had Melo go off (or Monk/Reaves).

To me I'm still not sure of the sense in trading THT/Stanley for Pat over BB. Doesn't seem Ainge was interested in Westbrook without picks, but he may have taken THT/Stanley/Nunn for Bogdan.

Although I definitely understand the positives cultural wise and defensively Pat could bring, wouldn't we be way better off with Dennis at the vet min, adding BB via trade, and then using the MMLE on a bigger wing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerSD wrote:
On the Bogdanovic deal, FRP my ass

It’s so funny how teams try to swindle FRPs from the Lakers because they have seen the stupidity and now that the Lakers aren’t being stupid, you see the real market value of these role players.

They got a player they wanted, and they didn't eat the Westbrook contract. This is just further confirmation of how Westbrook's contract is viewed, as if we needed it.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

The Lakers should look into withholding revenue from the collective revenue sharing until teams agree to negotiate in good faith.

Its unacceptable to demand ridiculously higher assets from one team simply because they win, only to go on and accept deals for fractions of what they ask of the Lakers.

It's several small market teams negotiating in bad faith while expecting revenue sharing from the Lakers. They dont do this with any other team and it's ridiculous. Not saying they HAVE to trade with us on our terms but there needs to be a fair negotiation process and it can't be ao stark a difference between the asking price for one team vs another.

It's starting to look like collusion to prevent the Lakers from competing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 409 of 2558
Jump to: