NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 712, 713, 714 ... 2554, 2555, 2556  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Knowing Rob and Jeanie’s track record, on or around December 15th, McMenamin will “break” news that the Lakers will be waiting until the trade deadline before making trades.

They are dangling a carrot we will never reach just to keep us watching. The suffering will continue all year.

This is life when you have the worst front office in all of professional basketball.

By Dec 15 we'll have played:

Pacers
Blazers
Bucks
Wizards
Cavs
Raptors
76ers
Pistons
Celtics

Nuggets (16th)
Wizards (18th)
Suns (19th)
Kings (21st)
Hornets (23rd)
Mavs (25th)

I would think by the 15th, we would know if the Lakers are legit or not. The question is, what would the Lakers have to look like for the team to make a trade? If we're just going by record, what would their record have to be to make a trade? And what would the trade entail?

What would a trade look like if they're under .500? Do they make a trade at all?
At near .500? A WB trade? Or a small trade?
Over .500? A WB trade? Or a small trade? Or stand pat?

No blow it up scenario?

The only “blow up” scenario is trading AD, and I doubt that will happen. Outside of him, there really isn’t anyone on the roster we can trade that would bring much value.

It's not like we are the Jazz with a ton of solid veterans to offer. Lebron's can't be traded. Walker has no Bird rights. Everyone else is just a minimum wage guy who would be no more than a deep rotation player on a contender.

Its really make or break by Dec 15th, not sure if any trade (assuming trading LBJ and/or AD is a non starter) will save the season. LBJ doesn't play much defense anymore and the team is barely able to beat the Spurs without AD (LBJ and the merry men ala last season).

Currently 7-11
Pacers - W if AD plays (8-11)
Blazers - L? (8-12 through the magical 20 games)

Bucks - L (8-13)
Wizards - W? (9-13)
Cavs - L? (9-14)
Raptors - W? (10-14)
76ers - L (10-15)
Pistons - W (11-15)
Celtics - L (11-16)
Nuggets - L (11-17)
Wizards - L? (11-18)
Suns - L (11-19)
Kings - L? (11-20)
Hornets - W (12-20)
Mavs - L (12-21)
Magic - W (13-21)
Heat - L (13-22)
Hawks - L (13-23)

By end of year (which 36 games in or 44% of the season) I would think they are somewhere around 13-15 wins. Last year it took about 42 wins to make sure you made the 8th sport or at least the play in. If all you are after is making the play in then they can lose about 5-6 games more I guess.

So, any meaningful trade needs to yield winning 29-30 of the remaining 46 games (about a 60% win rate). I don't think adding even the "big" trade scenario of Hield + Turner does that but I could be wrong.

I suppose there is always hope that a trade is a "struck gold" type one AND that both LBJ and AD are healthy enough to play those 46 games AND that they get hot in the playoffs but the numbers right now are super against the result of "a contender" assuming nothing changes until Jan 2023 or later.... I think if they are not at least at 15 wins by Dec 15th, there's no reason to spend future cap or picks trying simply make a token playoff appearance in 2022-2023.

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Knowing Rob and Jeanie’s track record, on or around December 15th, McMenamin will “break” news that the Lakers will be waiting until the trade deadline before making trades.

They are dangling a carrot we will never reach just to keep us watching. The suffering will continue all year.

This is life when you have the worst front office in all of professional basketball.

Worst than that…they’re saying they may wait till after the season.
Faulk this FO…if they insist on producing this unacceptable product then I reject it…moving on until Rob and Jeanie are gone.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka should learn from Ainge on how to convince/sucker the other GM into accepting a bad deal. That's the only way he'd come out ahead.

Otherwise, comes the trade deadline, we would be like last year where no one would want to deal with us.

Or Jeanie could just fire him. Let him go back to GM class 101. He hasn't passed it.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Hate to relive the past, but do you feel the same as Kuz about us repeating if we are healthy during the 20-21 season.

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1596924929785487361?s=20&t=iNHkYQTG30YaEjVbRe3VAw

I believe we had a great squad that year. Despite only only having a 42-30 record, defensively we were rank 1st on Def rtg. We lost LBJ (mvp season) to that Hill dive that injured his ankle and was lost for 27 games never the same player even thru the playoff. AD was lost for half the season, but was good enough to get us to a 2-1 even though playing with a knee injury and got us in position to 3-1 lead until another injury (groin) in the playoff.

Now, the what if. If we have kept as much of the team for another season, would we be in a different place today.

LBJ, AD, AC, Kuz, KCP, MMorris, THT, Marc (players I would have kept)

too much money for DS and Montrez

I feel we pick up

Rondo, Monk, AR, DH and Melo.

Moot since LBJ and AD had another injury filled season, but moving forward this season we have better contract to move, still have solid wings and good 3pt shooter under contract.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Jovan Buha: Nunn and Beverly a name to watch on the trade market

https://theathletic.com/3941506/2022/11/28/lakers-trade-rumors-pacers-status/?source=user_shared_article
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

As it has been said, it’s the new THT-Nunn
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://theathletic.com/3941506/2022/11/28/lakers-trade-rumors-pacers-status/?source=user_shared_article

Good, because I've been putting their names in the trade machine since the start of November.

Just for you, IG:

Nunn + Jones + 1st (protected) for Alex.
Pat + JTA + 1st (protected) for Myles + 2nd.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good, because I've been putting their names in the trade machine since the start of November.

Just for you, IG:

I want Beverly gone more than Russ!

He's TERRIBLE!
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Laker Central
@LakerCentral365
McTen said Lakers theoretically want to attach 1 pick to Russ and trade the other pick with Nunn and Pat Bev.

:O
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Laker Central
@LakerCentral365
McTen said Lakers theoretically want to attach 1 pick to Russ and trade the other pick with Nunn and Pat Bev.

They want a big haul in 2 swoops, in theory Nunn and Bev along with the pick would be shipped to Indiana for Turner and Westbrook and the other pick would be traded for other pieces.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Zubac 31 pts, 29 reb, 3 blk. Wtf Jeanie? Stop putting idiots in the front office.

Talk about late bloomer. I think Steph Curry was also a very late bloomer as well.

Curry was not a late bloomer. He got injured early in his career which slowed down his progress a bit.

Ya’ll getting carried away with this Zubac career game. Dude not even averaging 10ppg this season yet.

Dude is a top 3 defensive center in the league

What league is that? Seriously, he is an average to above average defensive center. Someone else talked about him being a DPoY candidate, and you're calling him a top 3 defensive center. I'm not sure where this is coming from, unless you're just looking at his rebounding numbers.

Zubac would have been more limited here anyways. We don't like to use traditional big anyways. Or he would have been shipped or not resigned that following year.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if any of y’all tried it but wife got this small already cooked rice from bibigo, not bad, could be softer but not bad at all, just microwave

Ok back to trades,
Russ, Reaves and a pick for DeRozan and Lonzo
PatBev/Nunn and a pick for Turner
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Laker Central
@LakerCentral365

To me that means it's more likely they end up with one deal and one pick than two deals. I'd also put the non-Russ package as more likely.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject:

IMO Reaves is untouchable.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Just for you, IG:

I want Beverly gone more than Russ!

He's TERRIBLE!

I have to agree. I have liked Beverely's defensive hustle maybe twice in the 18 games. I don't see anything consistent with him. He is obviously more talk than anything. I do appreciate that he tries to rally the troops and help defensively, but, again, we need a guy that can put the ball in the hoop and he really sucks at that.

Agree that Russell is WAY more valuable to the team than Beverely. Same with Nunn who has been pretty much worthless. JTA also. Another waste of a signing. He has been crap.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
IMO Reaves is untouchable.

1000% agree.
Don't make the same mistake twice.
Caruso was good, I think Reaves is better.
You can't let the dude walk.
I believe that the NBA knows about this kid and teams will throw cash at him.
He's one of my favorite players.
Similar to Ginobili who had a clever, high IQ game. Super skilled. One of my favorites ever.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Laker Central
@LakerCentral365

You quoted the tweet correctly, but that's not actually what McMenamin said. He was just spitballing.

Quote:
Which is why attaching both 2027 and 2029 draft picks to get a deal done with Indiana is such a gut check. Pelinka admitted as much on media day in September. "You have one shot to make a trade with multiple picks," he said. "So if you make that trade, and I'm not talking about one particular player on our team, but it has to be the right one."

Otherwise, maybe there is a way to seek one deal centered on Westbrook and one of the two picks, and another using something like Patrick Beverley's salary ($13 million) and Kendrick Nunn's ($5.3 million) -- the only other contracts on the Lakers' books hefty enough to pair together to salary match for a proven player -- plus the other pick to add another player of consequence.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35127414/westbrook-hield-turner-five-questions-answer-proposed-lakers-pacers-trade
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

Lol this is it right here. Looking forward to the Dave Mac annual “although Rob and (insert strained mention of Rambis here) were involved in multiple trade talks up to the deadline, they did not find a deal they felt would make them significantly better and will look to the buyout market to (fail to) improve the team again.”
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Lol this is it right here. Looking forward to the Dave Mac annual “although Rob and (insert strained mention of Rambis here) were involved in multiple trade talks up to the deadline, they did not find a deal they felt would make them significantly better and will look to the buyout market to (fail to) improve the team again.”

💯
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

The only teams where sending Russ out with 1 pick (or less) is legit possible would be teams where we take on longer salaries like Charlotte and New York.

1) Charlotte (involving Hayward)

- Russ, Christie to Charlotte for Hayward, Oubre, Jalen McDaniels
- Russ, Christie, 1st to Charlotte for Hayward, Rozier

2) New York

- Russ, Christie, 2nd round picks to NY Knicks for Fournier, Rose, Reddish
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:
The only teams where sending Russ out with 1 pick (or less) is legit possible would be teams where we take on longer salaries like Charlotte and New York.

1) Charlotte (involving Hayward)

- Russ, Christie to Charlotte for Hayward, Oubre, Jalen McDaniels
- Russ, Christie, 1st to Charlotte for Hayward, Rozier

2) New York

- Russ, Christie, 2nd round picks to NY Knicks for Fournier, Rose, Reddish

Change rose with harkestien and u got a deal. Boo Christie aswell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Pretty obvious that the team seem adamant on moving Westbrook if they can strike a deal, seems like Schroeder has installed confidence as the PG, maybe we get Rose or another back up to replace Westbrook.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

If you’re going to be an AD team then Russ is a better option than Dennis. AD and Russ play off of each other well and all I have read here is that Dennis would never throw lobs to AD.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If you’re going to be an AD team then Russ is a better option than Dennis. AD and Russ play off of each other well and all I have read here is that Dennis would never throw lobs to AD.

While true, hopefully Reaves can be the one to also throw lobs to AD.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Zubac 31 pts, 29 reb, 3 blk. Wtf Jeanie? Stop putting idiots in the front office.

Talk about late bloomer. I think Steph Curry was also a very late bloomer as well.

Curry was not a late bloomer. He got injured early in his career which slowed down his progress a bit.

Ya’ll getting carried away with this Zubac career game. Dude not even averaging 10ppg this season yet.

Dude is a top 3 defensive center in the league

What league is that? Seriously, he is an average to above average defensive center. Someone else talked about him being a DPoY candidate, and you're calling him a top 3 defensive center. I'm not sure where this is coming from, unless you're just looking at his rebounding numbers.

Zubac would have been more limited here anyways. We don't like to use traditional big anyways. Or he would have been shipped or not resigned that following year.

It's coming from more than just rebounding numbers...look at his blocks...8th in the league. Turner had been exploding offensively but was limited to 9 points against Zubac who throttled Turner for 31pts/29rbs.

I'm not ready to call Zubac a top candidate for DPOY yet but that is where the chatter is coming from.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 712, 713, 714 ... 2554, 2555, 2556  Next
Page 713 of 2556
Jump to: