NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 752, 753, 754 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I don't like any of these options if a FRP is involved, but I'm fine with any of them if we're just talking about spare parts (Beverley and Nunn) and SRPs. I think Beverley had a positive influence on the team, but keeping him around as a defensive influencer is not a priority.

I'm not sure why some of you seem to be high on P.J. Washington. I freely admit that I've never paid much attention to him, but he seems like an undersized PF/C who isn't strong on offense or defense. He wouldn't give us much in the way of size, and he isn't a wing. Maybe someone can explain what you see in him. But again, if the price is just spare parts and SRPs, that's fine.

Yeah I don't care for him too much at 6'7...I would take Bogs and Noel any day over Washington.

I think that's an oversimplification. PJ Tucker is 6-5 and Grant Williams 6-6. PJ Wash has shot well from 3 at 4-5 attempts over many years and can competently guard anything from bigger guards to centers. Give me versatility that can close consistently over limited 1-way players like Bogs/Noel any day. That's how we won the last ring and that's partially why we were so horrible last year. Once it became evident that Baze, Nunn, and Ariza (our only potential 2-way role players) were non-factors, we struggled to find any good lineups that didn't leave us with a gaping hole somewhere.

Last edited by gng930 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Turner is not getting $30 million. He has been dangled for years with lukewarm interest.

He was overshadowed by Sabonis, now that he is gone, Turner is being featured more. Which is why it makes me wonder why going to play behind Lebron and AD? He has stepped out of the glorified role player position, I’m not sure that he would want to return to that.

I was concerned about that too until the interview where he appeared to show interest in the Lakers…we may never know for sure but based on his response to the question asked of him if the Lakers should do a trade for him it seems like he views it as a desirable transaction.

That's probably under the guise of him starting and closing alongside Lebron and AD. Are we sure he would do that consistently here? Would he be OK with not doing that in a contract year?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
There is no reason why Bev gets PT and Nunn doesn’t, Nunn at the very least can hit a 3 or 2, if you are trying to trade both why not just both on the DNP list until you find a trade partner?

Both are trash
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
There is no reason why Bev gets PT and Nunn doesn’t, Nunn at the very least can hit a 3 or 2, if you are trying to trade both why not just both on the DNP list until you find a trade partner?

Both are trash

If either 1 of them get hurt you kill your chances of making a trade, same thing with Jones they shouldn’t be playing if they aren’t in the plans this year.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Both are trash

If either 1 of them get hurt you kill your chances of making a trade, same thing with Jones they shouldn’t be playing if they aren’t in the plans this year.

Nobody is trading them for their play. It’s their r expiring contract and the assets u add to these 2 bums
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Both are trash

Nobody is trading them for their play. It’s their r expiring contract and the assets u add to these 2 bums
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wtf does everything revolve around a trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well let me see, according to reports, the Lakers are trying to see what they can get for Bev/Nunn/1st round pick, don’t act like I’m enjoying talking about trades, it’s just that the Lakers are trying to make a trade and that’s the discussion we’re having.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Heat lose by 20 to the Pistons at home
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Pat Riley is gonna be a busy man during the trade season
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

That's it Pat Beverly + Nunn for Jimmy Butler + Tyler Herro
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well let me see, according to reports, the Lakers are trying to see what they can get for Bev/Nunn/1st round pick, don’t act like I’m enjoying talking about trades, it’s just that the Lakers are trying to make a trade and that’s the discussion we’re having.

You started the discussion lol.

you’re talking about trades.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

PatBev+Nunn+Jones+picks???... Nunn and Jones are useless in our line-up.

Would prefer couple of the free agents below.

Cousins
Melo
Whiteside
Harkless
Favors
Aminu
Snell
McKinnie
Mclemore
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I don't like any of these options if a FRP is involved, but I'm fine with any of them if we're just talking about spare parts (Beverley and Nunn) and SRPs. I think Beverley had a positive influence on the team, but keeping him around as a defensive influencer is not a priority.

I'm not sure why some of you seem to be high on P.J. Washington. I freely admit that I've never paid much attention to him, but he seems like an undersized PF/C who isn't strong on offense or defense. He wouldn't give us much in the way of size, and he isn't a wing. Maybe someone can explain what you see in him. But again, if the price is just spare parts and SRPs, that's fine.

Yeah I don't care for him too much at 6'7...I would take Bogs and Noel any day over Washington.

I think that's an oversimplification. PJ Tucker is 6-5 and Grant Williams 6-6. PJ Wash has shot well from 3 at 4-5 attempts over many years and can competently guard anything from bigger guards to centers.

This what I don't understand. Washington is in his fourth season, so he hasn't shot well "over many years." There have been years when he shot better than league average from three, though not this year. He looks like an okay three-point shooter. Still, the metrics generally rate him as a negative offensive player and an okay defender. Everything I see indicates that he is a PF/C, but people talk about him defending guards.

I'm not saying that you're wrong. I've just never paid much attention to him, even when I've watched the Hornets for some reason. He never registered as more than a face in the crowd, so to speak. Yet I'm hearing some of you talk about him like he is something more than that.

Anyway, if we're just talking about spare parts and SRPs, bring him on. If we're investing a FRP, I'm skeptical.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves are signing ex-Lakers wing shooter Matt Ryan on a two-way NBA contract, sources tell me and @JonKrawczynski. Ryan had a solid stint for the Lakers, making 13 three-pointers over 12-game stretch.

hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
levon wrote:

Pat Riley is gonna be a busy man during the trade season

Talked about Westbrook for Robinson and Lowry during the summer and was told no way Heat do that deal.
Now the Lakers wouldn’t.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Pat Bev, nun and pick(s) for someone >6’8” who can shoot.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject:

yeah this Heat situation is super interesting. add them to the Bulls as a team that might be sellers in a few weeks
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
yeah this Heat situation is super interesting. add them to the Bulls as a team that might be sellers in a few weeks

They have nothing to trade
Bloated Jimmy contract
Fat Lowry
Can’t shoot shooter
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
levon wrote:

Bloated Jimmy contract
Fat Lowry
Can’t shoot shooter

they have to do some kind of a reset. there are very few ways to improve going forward, and their team isn't really close to a contender
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
levon wrote:

Bloated Jimmy contract
Fat Lowry
Can’t shoot shooter

They have overrated culture.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Pat Bev, nun and pick(s) for someone >6’8” who can shoot.

Bojan and Bey feels like it plugs the holes on what we're lacking. Having a skilled 20ppg 6'8 efficient shooter/scorer next to AD and Bron would be huge. Lonnie is inconsistent in his shooting but every time he has a positive impact scoring wise, we do great things. Add Bojan to the mix and whatever you get from Lonnie beyond a certain point is gravy. Bey - admittedly I don't know much about - is a young, athletic, big wing who, if nothing else, can be just that. Nunn, Beverly, DJ, 27 1st (top 8 protected) for Bojan, Bey

AD, Bryant, Gabriel
LeBron, Brown, JTA
Bojan, Bey
Walker, Dennis*, Max
Reaves*, Russ

Two roster spots open for buyout market. Either Dennis or Austin can start. If healthy I seriously think that team can knock anybody off come April. .
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I have a bad feeling the Clippers will be at the thick of things in regards to Bojan and other players the Lakers have been linked to
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers in reality always have something up there sleeve
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

Two things will easily and immediately improve this team.

1. trading Bev. He is not a starter. He is actively destroying our starting lineup's spacing as teams are increasingly just not defending him. We were winning in SPITE of Bev the past 10 games.

2. we badly need a reliable 3rd scorer. I still think Bojan is a likely Lakers target. Someone like him would be a more consistent 17-20ppg scorer. Lonnie is very inconsistent. Russ is more of a facilitator now and his scoring is inconsistent too. Games like last night, when Thomas Bryant is our 2nd leading scorer shows how unreliable our scoring is outside of LBJ/AD.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 752, 753, 754 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 753 of 2546
Jump to: