NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 986, 987, 988 ... 2552, 2553, 2554  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Fred vv looks like he’s 5’8

He's certainly closer to that than he is to his listed 6'1"
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Fred vv looks like he’s 5’8

He's certainly closer to that than he is to his listed 6'1"
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I really hope all this talk about the Lakers being interested in Fred VanVleet, Mike Conley and Eric Gordon is just a smokescreen.

Give me Mo Bamba, Myles Turner or Bojan Bogdanovic.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I really hope all this talk about the Lakers being interested in Fred VanVleet, Mike Conley and Eric Gordon is just a smokescreen.

Give me Mo Bamba, Myles Turner or Bojan Bogdanovic.

I'll be happy we bring any of these guys in beyond 2023 season. In order.

Myles/Hield
GTJ
Bamba
Bojan
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^Agree to disagree. Our defense levels up with AD playing free safety at the 4

lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:18 am    Post subject:

People, Mo Bamba is a 3rd string Center in Orlando!!

WCarter, Mo Wagner, Mo Bamba

BOL bol is playing 3/4. Mo Bamba here will play as much minutes as DJones,

ZERO, nada, 0000000

If Mo Wagner is playing before you, you are really G League material.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:58 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

And Rui was Kuzma’s backup. And Gabriel was treated as a garbage time player on Houston, etc. Again, hard to make judgements on a still young talent on a proven dysfunctional organization who can’t develop players correctly.

Even their other lottery picks like Victor Oladipo turned into A LOT more when they got put into the right situation. Sometimes talent is based on fit. The fit here with AD next to him would be tremendous.

And finally, all it means is that he’s cheap.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:10 am    Post subject:

AD is a different player than he was in 2020. He operates almost exclusively in the paint now.. most of his points are scored as a play finisher via duck-ins, lobs, rolling to the basket, etc. He's not self-creating as much as he used to and has attempted a much lower volume of jump-shots. Unless they're able to acquire a center that can really stretch the floor, I don't think pairing AD with another center is feasible offensively. It just makes things a lot harder on Lebron and AD who are already dealing with less than ideal spacing.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
^Yes!

As for OG…

Quote:
Unbiased NBA Fan @nonbiasednbafan

The Toronto Raptors have spoken with teams about OG Anunoby and there's a belief that Toronto would be able to get "as many as 3 1st-round picks", per
@wojespn

https://twitter.com/nonbiasednbafan/status/1619099133406494720
(Vid in link)

From the Lakers during the summer? Possible?

Nawlins ability to flex to our 2025 1st instead of our 2024 1st, puts conditions in our ability to trade our 2026 1st.

But we can have a conditional trade setup where our 2026, ‘28 & ‘30 1sts can all be put up for sale after June 30th (when our ‘30 gets unlocked to trade). The condition wound be that if the Pels pick our ‘24, those 3 1sts get conveyed (protections withstanding).

However if the Pels pick our ‘25 1st then either ‘27 & ‘29 or ‘28 & ‘30 get dealt along with a ‘26 swap and any other 1 swap from our ‘27-30 1sts that are not part of the trade.

That all gets decided 2024 draft night. If Pels go with that pick, Toronto gets 26, 28, 30 (protections withstanding). If they decide to go with ‘25, then Toronto gets 2FRPS (protections withstanding + 2 pick swaps of the 1sts remaining).

Can’t we just let Tor pick the player for us this summer then package that with ‘27FRP and ‘29FRP? Do we have enough space to absorb but also resign Rui, Reaves and Bamba/T.Bryant? Or we have to do the trade now to send salaries to Tor?
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject:

Vucevic is good fit next to AD. Between him and TB you got 48 mins of stretch big like how Bucks has with Lopez and Portis. Wonder if we can get DeRozan, Caruso and Vucevic package if Bulls wants to be a seller.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:26 am    Post subject:

I'd take Otto Porter for Beverly

Rui / Otto
LeBron / Gabriel
Davis / Bryant
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject:

Somebody said it before, with Rui and not planning to keep Russ, gotta get next season players’ birds now. Rob clearly not done, I think it’s either Bojan or LaVine for the firsts then minor deals for back up big
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

Rui / Otto
LeBron / Gabriel
Davis / Bryant

Otto is done for the year
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Somebody said it before, with Rui and not planning to keep Russ, gotta get next season players’ birds now. Rob clearly not done, I think it’s either Bojan or LaVine for the firsts then minor deals for back up big

No Beal, lavine, fvv types
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

Rui / Otto
LeBron / Gabriel
Davis / Bryant

Otto is done for the year

I think Otto moved to Toronto for family too so might not wanna stay in LA if traded
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Bojan is 33 years old, we will get fleeced. I love Bojan and his insane efficiency but 33 is just too old for a guy who was always slow in the first place.

I rather let Walker / Reaves / Christie handle SG which they have done beautifully all shooting 39, 37, 41 percent from 3 and all growing.

Where we need help is at PG and if we are going to throw away our picks at least get back a young player not a 33 year old.

I say we call OKC and offer them a reunion with Brick + 2 1st round picks + Christie for SGA.

PG.SGA / Dennis
SG.Walker / Reaves
SF.Rui / Brown
PF.LeBron / Gabriel
C.Davis / Bryant
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

I still haven't heard what people like about his game.
I don't even think people have seen him play.
At least Vas' reasoning is that he wants AD at the 4.

I hope people go watch the all possessions highlights of Mo. After watching, you won't be thinking Mo Mo, you'll be thinking less less.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

And Rui was Kuzma’s backup. And Gabriel was treated as a garbage time player on Houston, etc. Again, hard to make judgements on a still young talent on a proven dysfunctional organization who can’t develop players correctly.

Even their other lottery picks like Victor Oladipo turned into A LOT more when they got put into the right situation. Sometimes talent is based on fit. The fit here with AD next to him would be tremendous.

Absolutely! If u can get this guy on the cheap u do it! Like u said it’s all about fit. Bamba can stretch the floor and block shots. U put him next to an AD or Bron who attract tons of attention and a player improves. See Thomas Bryant as well.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Megaton wrote:
lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

Absolutely! If u can get this guy on the cheap u do it! Like u said it’s all about fit. Bamba can stretch the floor and block shots. U put him next to an AD or Bron who attract tons of attention and a player improves. See Thomas Bryant as well.

Thomas Bryant was putting up numbers before his injuries in Washington

Mo is not on rookie contract anymore and is getting pushed off by bol bol and Mo Wagner..
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Megaton wrote:
lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

Mo is not on rookie contract anymore and is getting pushed off by bol bol and Mo Wagner..

Yeah and Bamba had a 50 point game. I said on the cheap. mo has never played with superstar vets….on the cheap u roll the dice.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Megaton wrote:
lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

Yeah and Bamba had a 50 point game. I said on the cheap. mo has never played with superstar vets….on the cheap u roll the dice.

He did?
In the NBA? Or did you mean he got 50 scored on him by Embiid?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
^Yes!

As for OG…

Quote:
Unbiased NBA Fan @nonbiasednbafan

The Toronto Raptors have spoken with teams about OG Anunoby and there's a belief that Toronto would be able to get "as many as 3 1st-round picks", per
@wojespn

https://twitter.com/nonbiasednbafan/status/1619099133406494720
(Vid in link)

From the Lakers during the summer? Possible?

Nawlins ability to flex to our 2025 1st instead of our 2024 1st, puts conditions in our ability to trade our 2026 1st.

But we can have a conditional trade setup where our 2026, ‘28 & ‘30 1sts can all be put up for sale after June 30th (when our ‘30 gets unlocked to trade). The condition wound be that if the Pels pick our ‘24, those 3 1sts get conveyed (protections withstanding).

However if the Pels pick our ‘25 1st then either ‘27 & ‘29 or ‘28 & ‘30 get dealt along with a ‘26 swap and any other 1 swap from our ‘27-30 1sts that are not part of the trade.

That all gets decided 2024 draft night. If Pels go with that pick, Toronto gets 26, 28, 30 (protections withstanding). If they decide to go with ‘25, then Toronto gets 2FRPS (protections withstanding + 2 pick swaps of the 1sts remaining).

Ok I’m not sure if this is legal or would be frowned upon by the league but the trade is in two separate transactions. 26 and 28 or 27 and 29 plus filler goes to Toronto for OG. On draft night after the lakers pick it’s sent to Toronto for Otto Porter. Is this legal within the rules

It’s legal as long as it doesn’t give off the optics of us trying to still incentivize the OG trade.

Look at it this way, our last 2 trades with DC pretty much had it where we swapped their 2023 Chicago 2nd & their own 2028 2nd (both part of the Russ trade) back to them for Rui. So in the end the deal was

Russ/Rui/lesser 2024 2nd (between Memphis & DC)
for
Kcp/Kuz/Trez/2021 1st/lesser 2028 2nd (between ours & theirs where Orlando takes the higher one)/our 2029 2nd

So it’s legal if we do that with Toronto, but it can’t give off tge oorics that Toronto wanted 3 FRPs and are only settling for 2 right now, having the 3rd one coke in the offseason to complete the transaction.

@Gov, your question was…

Quote:
Can’t we just let Tor pick the player for us this summer then package that with ‘27FRP and ‘29FRP? Do we have enough space to absorb but also resign Rui, Reaves and Bamba/T.Bryant? Or we have to do the trade now to send salaries to Tor?

Answer to your 1st Q is yes. I believe if we do something with Russ to either SA or Indy where we get back a sizable TPE (recall Russ for Myles creates a 29m TPE) and then with that on our books we can maneuver as a capped out team that can absorb up to that much in a salary dump…so thing of that as being used to absorb OG’s deal into with strictly a picks package.

epic_ wrote:
lakerican wrote:

ZERO, nada, 0000000

I still haven't heard what people like about his game.
I don't even think people have seen him play.
At least Vas' reasoning is that he wants AD at the 4.

I hope people go watch the all possessions highlights of Mo. After watching, you won't be thinking Mo Mo, you'll be thinking less less.

Really?!…I checked out some highlights and I still wanna see mo’ of him especially next to AD!

I watched a 30 pt effort vs Embiid/Drummond last season. So if y’all believe in 9th overall Rui based off his 30pt effort recently, why not the 6th overall pick as a reclamation project. I’m curious to see what price it would take for Mo if he eventually gets moved…but if it’s a similar package to 3 SRPs, we F’d up. If Myles can’t be had, I gunning for Mo as a contingency.

My star defensive player wants to play the 4…then stop dickin around with him, cut that center 5hit out already and bring in players that can justify moving him to the defensive wings where he can throw them brows!

Dude ain’t pass some of y’all eye test…doesn’t really matter to me tho, cause he passes mine 😜
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

He did?
In the NBA? Or did you mean he got 50 scored on him by Embiid?

Bamba’s career high is 32.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject:

Mo Bamba is cam reddish of bigs
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Mo Bamba is cam reddish of bigs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 986, 987, 988 ... 2552, 2553, 2554  Next
Page 987 of 2554
Jump to: