NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1127, 1128, 1129 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Nets forward Ben Simmons and several first-round draft picks have also been discussed in trade conversations with the Raptors, league sources told HoopsHype.

Russ, reaves, 2 unprotected, 1 swap, 2/3 seconds for pascal

Where are the Nets getting all these 1RPs? Didn’t they trade them all away for Harden?

They have some left, like this year for example. Some of what we got was swaps. They also have the picks from Philly for Harden.

Ironically, this would be a good year for them to be in the lotto because we suck and our pick swap is meaningless.

The picks they have from Philly are their 2023 1st (a lock to be a late late 1st) and a 2027 Top 8 protected. Those seem….not that attractive in a deal for Pascal Siakam? And they have to take on Simmons? Doesn’t add up for me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m
Cam Thomas in two games before and after the kyrie trade

44 pts against the wizards
47 pts against the Los Angeles Clippers

Kyrie who?

He shot 39 shots tonight and maybe a half dozen were in the flow of their offense, he was just jacking the ball every time down the floor.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

He shot 39 shots tonight and maybe a half dozen were in the flow of their offense, he was just jacking the ball every time down the floor.

Good timing for the Nets, though, if they want to try to sell him high. He just became the youngest player with back-to-back 40-point games in the NBA since...LeBron.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

I trust this take cuz I know you actually watch clippers games.
It will be interesting to see if this gives cam confidence, or it's just some fluke.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Nets forward Ben Simmons and several first-round draft picks have also been discussed in trade conversations with the Raptors, league sources told HoopsHype.

Where are the Nets getting all these 1RPs? Didn’t they trade them all away for Harden?

They have some left, like this year for example. Some of what we got was swaps. They also have the picks from Philly for Harden.

Ironically, this would be a good year for them to be in the lotto because we suck and our pick swap is meaningless.

The picks they have from Philly are their 2023 1st (a lock to be a late late 1st) and a 2027 Top 8 protected. Those seem….not that attractive in a deal for Pascal Siakam? And they have to take on Simmons? Doesn’t add up for me.

Ben cannot be on the same roster as Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Tatum, Bam, Fox, SGA, Luka, Murray, Towns, Wiggins, or Young. Him being a designated player shapes where a team can trade him and who they can trade for him. Like a team like Toronto for instance if a Booker or someone wanted to go there would still have to figure out how to move Ben just to get him on the roster. That’s another reason he’s a nightmare to deal with.

It’s not simply about Siakam or so and so for him. They have to account for why they want to add to a team too in the future.

The nets will want to move Ben just because they may want to move KD. And you can’t take back any good talent short of Jaylen Brown for KD with Ben on a roster.

Last edited by Kblo247! on Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
I don’t even know why you’re knocking Lonnie. Any coach with sense would give Lonnie a shot to start at the 2 on paper where he’s an athletic mismatch for everyone he sees like a mini Russ. Hell he was scoring in the pelicans game, big enough to bother CJ, and stuck on the bench.

The metrics will tell you that Walker is one of the worst players on the team, if not the worst player. He's bad on both ends of the court. His athleticism gives him visual appeal, but his production is below replacement level.

The rest of what you have to say is just a generic Ham rant. You're basically arguing that this is a good roster and that it's all Ham's fault. If you really, truly believe that, then there isn't much for me to say.

Lonnie is behind only Gabriel, Bryant, AD, Austin and Bron in shooting efficiency.

Lonnie is a top free throw shooter on the team.

Lonnie is a top three pointe shooter on the team even though he takes the most behind Bron.

Lonnie has been double digits all year.

A lot of his problems is he should not be a starting SF. He should be a starting back court player but our coach plays him out of position where players are taller and bigger than him. He easily could be used better by the coach

You're just looking at shooting percentages. This is where people get it wrong. His shooting percentages are good, but not great. He contributes nothing else. He isn't a passer or a playmaker. He doesn't get to the free throw line very much. Dennis Schroder gets more rebounds. He's a poor defender. This is why the metrics tell us that his production is below replacement level.

You want to blame it on Ham, but the real problem is that Walker just isn't a very good basketball player. This is best season as a pro, and he's playing for a contract. Unfortunately for him, he's on his way to being a deep bench player on a vet min salary.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:
It is so strange anyone would want to acquire Ben Simmons.

Ben is 26 yrs, his FG% is 56, and he has elite defensive tools when he’s got it going.

I agree he has fallen off a cliff, but I’d guess he will eventually get back to being a starting level 2way player.

For example on the Nets only Claxton has a better defensive metric on the RAPtOR rating scale. A few years ago, I thought Simmons was one of the best defenders in the league. I feel he is too good to let this be the rest of his 20s and athletic prime.

You aren't accounting for Simmons' physical and mental issues. The back problems may be chronic.

As I've pointed out, the metrics have consistently indicated that Simmons is a good defender, but nowhere near as good as people seem to think. There seems to be a disconnect between the eyeball test and his actual defensive impact. This has been true for his whole career. I'm not sure why this is the case.

Agreed. Even at his best when I watched him…I never took away that he was an amazing defender. He was good at times, not so good at times. Joel Embiid playing behind him may have helped his defense ratings idk
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

It will be interesting to see if this gives cam confidence, or it's just some fluke.

scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Why do people want FVV? He’s shooting <40% from the field, worse than westbrick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

I would guess that KD won’t approve when he returns
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

Except he was wrong and actually jacked up 29 not 39...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Ben cannot be on the same roster as Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Tatum, Bam, Fox, SGA, Luka, Murray, Towns, Wiggins, or Young. Him being a designated player shapes where a team can trade him and who they can trade for him. Like a team like Toronto for instance if a Booker or someone wanted to go there would still have to figure out how to move Ben just to get him on the roster. That’s another reason he’s a nightmare to deal with.

It’s not simply about Siakam or so and so for him. They have to account for why they want to add to a team too in the future.

The nets will want to move Ben just because they may want to move KD. And you can’t take back any good talent short of Jaylen Brown for KD with Ben on a roster.

I’m aware of the rule. My surprise is that it isn’t a deal killer for Toronto.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

I know what u did there 😂
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:

Ben is 26 yrs, his FG% is 56, and he has elite defensive tools when he’s got it going.

I agree he has fallen off a cliff, but I’d guess he will eventually get back to being a starting level 2way player.

For example on the Nets only Claxton has a better defensive metric on the RAPtOR rating scale. A few years ago, I thought Simmons was one of the best defenders in the league. I feel he is too good to let this be the rest of his 20s and athletic prime.

You aren't accounting for Simmons' physical and mental issues. The back problems may be chronic.

As I've pointed out, the metrics have consistently indicated that Simmons is a good defender, but nowhere near as good as people seem to think. There seems to be a disconnect between the eyeball test and his actual defensive impact. This has been true for his whole career. I'm not sure why this is the case.

Agreed. Even at his best when I watched him…I never took away that he was an amazing defender. He was good at times, not so good at times. Joel Embiid playing behind him may have helped his defense ratings idk

Probably because for all the flack Ben got, he carried Phili. Embiid was not behind him most their stay together because of knees, stomach aches, and being out of shape. Ben would get the sixers through the regular season as their anchor and their offensive coordinator with shooting around him. Hell Embiid missed playoff games in playoff series and Ben did too in their time together and Ben won his while Joel failed horribly.

The back though is a very hard thing to gauge. Couple that with KD has been bad defensively for a chunk of the year, Kyrie chose to not play it, and their coach was Nash who never cared about it and you get this year.

I do think it Ben went anywhere and could make an impact it would be a Raptors team where he plays a lot of minutes, has a floor spread, and can do his thing. He’s a player that needs a team tailored to him like how Iguodala did.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
logical24 wrote:
lakers statmuse 
@LakersStatmuse
·
1m

Kyrie who?

Except he was wrong and actually jacked up 29 not 39...

Yep, typo. He hit some nice looking fade away shots from the FT line extended.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

skin wrote:
Why do people want FVV? He’s shooting <40% from the field, worse than westbrick.
He can make a layup, he can make a free throw, and he actually converts at the rim better than Russ.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
skin wrote:
He can make a layup, he can make a free throw, and he actually converts at the rim better than Russ.

And he doesn’t shoot 28% from 3.

Last edited by ocho on Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ocho wrote:

Probably because for all the flack Ben got, he carried Phili. Embiid was not behind him most their stay together because of knees, stomach aches, and being out of shape. Ben would get the sixers through the regular season as their anchor and their offensive coordinator with shooting around him. Hell Embiid missed playoff games in playoff series and Ben did too in their time together and Ben won his while Joel failed horribly.

The back though is a very hard thing to gauge. Couple that with KD has been bad defensively for a chunk of the year, Kyrie chose to not play it, and their coach was Nash who never cared about it and you get this year.

I do think it Ben went anywhere and could make an impact it would be a Raptors team where he plays a lot of minutes, has a floor spread, and can do his thing. He’s a player that needs a team tailored to him like how Iguodala did.

Ben needs a lot of work, my friend.
He’s broken mentally.
Afraid of the ball.
Afraid to work on his game.
Coddled by family and his inner circle.
They all treat him like a spoiled baby.
That’s why he never gets better.
And that’s why he mentally broke down.
He can’t hang with pressure and all his people baby him so he never has to be strong, mentally.
So, forget the talent. Forget the skills, he needs more than another team to fix his mental blocks.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Get rid of these guys:
Russ
Dennis
Pat Bev if he asked to guard 6'9 guys
Loonie
D Jones
Bryant - can't sign
Jta useless
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Ben Simmons doesn't like to play basketball.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Get rid of these guys:
Russ
Dennis
Pat Bev if he asked to guard 6'9 guys
Loonie
D Jones
Bryant - can't sign
Jta useless

I like Dennis Schroder.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Doc Louallen
@LouallenDoc
·
8h
The Lakers, Sixers, and Pistons are in trade talks.

Pistons receive: Russell Westbrook, picks
Lakers receive: Tobias Harris, Furkan Korkmaz
Sixers receive: Nerlens Noel, Marvin Bagley, Bojan Bogdanović.

LA does not want to trade their 1st round picks. #NBA
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Doc Louallen
@LouallenDoc
·
8h

Kidding right? Dude has 2000 followers.
Not legit.
Terrible god awful trade.
Trade Westbrook plus picks for Harris and Korkmaz? Lol
Horse crap rumor….
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Doc Louallen
@LouallenDoc
·
8h

Lebron only has 3 words for this

"Maybe It's Me"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1127, 1128, 1129 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 1128 of 2546
Jump to: