NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

Why not just stick with Ingram? Seems like a huge reach to trade a 25 year old for a 34 year old to pair with a 22 year old Zion.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The New Orleans Pelicans remain interested in a deal for Kevin Durant, per @Krisplashed

“…can put together a compelling package around All-Star forward Brandon Ingram, role players like Herbert Jones, Devonte Graham and Jose Alvarado and…draft compensation” https://t.co/DXKk7J185h

The packages in order are probably:

1. Boston (Jaylen Brown, Smart+)
2. NOLA (Ingram, Jones+)

I don’t think the Heat have enough unless they give up Bam (doubt it) and Toronto isn’t willing to give up Barnes.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams:

“The plan right now is for Kyrie Irving to be a Net this season."

(via @ShamsCharania, @PatMcAfeeShow) https://t.co/b1jEmwcUKW

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Why not just stick with Ingram? Seems like a huge reach to trade a 25 year old for a 34 year old to pair with a 22 year old Zion.

As opposed to being mediocre?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

With Durant on his way out we should hear Mitchell’s trade talk increasing
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
The New Orleans Pelicans remain interested in a deal for Kevin Durant, per @Krisplashed

“…can put together a compelling package around All-Star forward Brandon Ingram, role players like Herbert Jones, Devonte Graham and Jose Alvarado and…draft compensation” https://t.co/DXKk7J185h

The packages in order are probably:

1. Boston (Jaylen Brown, Smart+)
2. NOLA (Ingram, Jones+)

I don’t think the Heat have enough unless they give up Bam (doubt it) and Toronto isn’t willing to give up Barnes.

If we go by reports, Boston hasn't been willing to give up enough to suit the Nets either.

Ultimately, I think whether a trade will actually go down will depend on how willing the Nets will be to take a deal they don't really like, because they probably aren't going to get an offer anywhere close to what they want.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Shams:

Alright, so who's going to be picking up Kyrie from LAX?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Shams:

is he flying coach?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Shams:

is he flying coach?

Doesn't matter. I'll be picking him up at the No.6 gate by the 11th floor.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Kobe never said "I'm cool if you fire Mitch and Phil" That's pretty significant.

No, he said he wanted to be traded, period. It wasn't "I'll stay if you do X, Y, and Z." In fact, Durant should have known that Tsai wasn't going to fire Marks and Nash, so there's really no difference at all.

Having said that, we are reminded from time to time that NBA players live in their own world and that stars tend to be absorbed in their self-importance. When Latrell Sprewell uttered his infamous "Need to feed my family" line, there were other NBA players who nodded along with him. So maybe Durant is so wrapped up in his own world that he thought that Tsai would say, "Anything for you, Kevin!" But I really doubt it.

Hunter if Tsai fired Marks and Nash….you don’t know if KD stays….he made a demand….fire the GM and coach….Kobe just said trade me….we could go back and forth on this….to me they’re different to you the same….move on.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Kobe never said "I'm cool if you fire Mitch and Phil" That's pretty significant.

No, he said he wanted to be traded, period. It wasn't "I'll stay if you do X, Y, and Z." In fact, Durant should have known that Tsai wasn't going to fire Marks and Nash, so there's really no difference at all.

Having said that, we are reminded from time to time that NBA players live in their own world and that stars tend to be absorbed in their self-importance. When Latrell Sprewell uttered his infamous "Need to feed my family" line, there were other NBA players who nodded along with him. So maybe Durant is so wrapped up in his own world that he thought that Tsai would say, "Anything for you, Kevin!" But I really doubt it.

Hunter if Tsai fired Marks and Nash….you don’t know if KD stays….he made a demand….fire the GM and coach….Kobe just said trade me….we could go back and forth on this….to me they’re different to you the same….move on.

Ok, but before ya'll move on, I'd like to explicitly state that they're not the same. A better Laker to compare with KD's request is Magic. He is believed to have given Buss an ultimatum regarding Paul Westhead. We know who won that battle.

Kobe, otoh, didn't call for Phil's head, or Del Harris as far as I heard, but Harris was in his crosshairs at one time. Demanding your org. fire a coach or trade you is worlds a part from simply requesting a trade. In the former you're messing with folk's livelihood, in the latter they simply send you packing if that what you really want and keep pushing for.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

Tsai looks to have shown solidarity with his FO & coaching staff…question is, was that tweet made for his current employees or a message to the ones he’s about to replace ‘em with? 🤔

Either way, it’s a 4yr deal so a long game of chicken is about to ensue.

Quote:
David Hardisty @clutchfans

Brian Windhorst: "As I've talked to teams around the league, they think if anything, this (move) maybe restricts (KD's) opportunity to get traded in the short term. It's going to make it even harder for teams to want to meet the price that the Nets have already put up so high."

Quote:
Kevin Durant’s boundless love for basketball is not a reason to believe he’ll show up for training camp if the Nets don’t acknowledge his trade request. That has been the prevailing belief — that Durant, a 12-time All-Star and two-time NBA Finals MVP, is above the idea of holding out of camp because he is a master of his craft and a lover of the game. A source, however, pushed back on the idea that Durant will show up to training camp in September if his request goes unfulfilled. – via Kristian Winfield @ New York Daily News

Quote:
I don't see this marriage ending any time soon."

@TimBontemps
on Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn Nets 👀

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1557021587681017857

Meanwhile Rich still trying to do work…cap’n all the lies & cross’n all the s&Ts…

Quote:
Pat McAfee: “This NEVER happened.. it’s an amazing story but it didn’t happen” @Shams Charania on the rumors that Ben Simmons left the Nets group chat after they asked him to play in game 4 against the Celtics #PMSLive

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1557045116333744129

Quote:
Sources tell cleveland.com that talks between the Cavaliers and Colin Sexton’s camp — led by ruthless, player-friendly negotiator Rich Paul, the CEO of Klutch Sports — have not been contentious but remain at a standstill, with the two sides far apart on valuation. Cleveland.com has been reporting for weeks that the Cavs are offering a three-year contract worth around $40 million — an annual salary of about $13 million per year.

Paul doesn’t share that view. Neither does Sexton. To them, Sexton is a starting-caliber 2 guard who should be paid as such. How can the Cavs justify that salary number when Jalen Brunson and Anfernee Simons got $20-million-per-year deals — the kind Sexton’s camp was hoping for at the start of this process? How did restricted free agents Lonzo Ball, Malcolm Brogdon and Terry Rozier net deals in that same proce range via sign-and-trade over the last few years?

Sources maintain Sexton’s camp is open to taking the qualifying offer. While the deadline for that is Oct. 1, the two sides can mutually agree to extend that date. – via Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

And if Rich can’t get Sexton eventually into a bag, then maybe Collin finds new representation. Speaking of which, Trezz about to strike a deal. Wonder what his new reps will fetch him.

Quote:
Montrezl Harrell @MONSTATREZZ

Just got some super great news from my lawyer! 😁😁

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
And if Rich can’t get Sexton eventually into a bag, then maybe Collin finds new representation. Speaking of which, Trezz about to strike a deal. Wonder what his new reps will fetch him.

Quote:
Montrezl Harrell @MONSTATREZZ

Just got some super great news from my lawyer! 😁😁

I think that probably involves the criminal drug charges.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers do get Irving, he will play one season, and then demand a multi-year max contract. Are the Lakers willing to do what the Nets would not ?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
If the Lakers do get Irving, he will play one season, and then demand a multi-year max contract. Are the Lakers willing to do what the Nets would not ?

Kinda have to, at that point, we already burn the remaning tradable FRPs and we have no more assets to flip other than Reaves (who should be untouchable)
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Balto wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Balto wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

The nets don’t even have picks to attach to move Ben out

The Nets have to include draft picks to trade Ben Simmons?

HaHa. Exactly what I was thinking. I’m sure lots of teams would give up multiple picks for Simmons.

Maybe poorly run teams. Simmons is a depressed asset, a pennies on the dollar type of player.

I just don't see it. If he was looked at as a negative assist I'm sure Lebron would swoop him up ASAP. Getting Kyrie and Simmons would just be insane!

Kyrie
Simmons
Lebron
AD

Game Over

It would also be fictional since it would take AD or Lebron to get both.

WHAT are you talking about? You JUST said that Simmons is a depressed assist and worth pennies on the dollar. I said that I don't agree and that Simmons would in fact cost multiple picks. I only put that a team of AD/Lebron/Simmons/Kyrie would be Game Over if it could happen.

So what are you saying?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

If the Lakers are willing to exchange most of their tradeable assets for Irving, I imagine they plan on maxing him out. In fact, I suspect they would get a tentative understanding with him on that before they pulled the trigger.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Balto wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Balto wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

HaHa. Exactly what I was thinking. I’m sure lots of teams would give up multiple picks for Simmons.

Maybe poorly run teams. Simmons is a depressed asset, a pennies on the dollar type of player.

I just don't see it. If he was looked at as a negative assist I'm sure Lebron would swoop him up ASAP. Getting Kyrie and Simmons would just be insane!

Kyrie
Simmons
Lebron
AD

Game Over

and how are we going to afford Kyrie, Simmons, Lebron and Davis?
Lakers have no way of getting Simmons. He is still owed 3 years and $144 million.

Math is very easy to make happen...Just not enough assists in my opinion to make it happen.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm not sure if the Durant situation is impacting the Jazz' ability to trade Mitchell.

I think the bigger issue is the Gobert deal gave the Jazz unreasonable expectations for the type of haul they could get for Mitchell.

If the Jazz remained locked into the idea that they Gobert deal should set the standard for all future deals, they might have trouble finding common ground with trade partners.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm not sure if the Durant situation is impacting the Jazz' ability to trade Mitchell.

I think the bigger issue is the Gobert deal gave the Jazz unreasonable expectations for the type of haul they could get for Mitchell.

If the Jazz remained locked into the idea that they Gobert deal should set the standard for all future deals, they might have trouble finding common ground with trade partners.

Everything is on hold until the KD situation gets resolved.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Balto wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Balto wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Kyrie
Simmons
Lebron
AD

Game Over

and how are we going to afford Kyrie, Simmons, Lebron and Davis?
Lakers have no way of getting Simmons. He is still owed 3 years and $144 million.

Math is very easy to make happen...Just not enough assists in my opinion to make it happen.

I think people have lots of questions about Simmons, and those questions won't be answered until the season starts.

That said, I can't see why the Nets would trade him now, especially at a discount price.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Nets start the season without Durant and Irving, but I fully expect Simmons to be on their roster.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I know some people have said that, but I question whether that's true.

Certainly lots of significant trades have gone through since Durant made his trade request -- KCP, Jerami Grant, Rudy Gobert, Malcolm Brogdon, Kevin Huerter.

I am not sure that a Durant trade, if it ever happens, will open up a floodgate of other deals as some people seem to think.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I know some people have said that, but I question whether that's true.

Certainly lots of significant trades have gone through since Durant made his trade request -- KCP, Jerami Grant, Rudy Gobert, Malcolm Brogdon, Kevin Huerter.

I am not sure that a Durant trade, if it ever happens, will open up a floodgate of other deals as some people seem to think.

In this situation, yes the KD situation is connected with Mitchell, because the Knicks want KD and if that falls through they have Mitchell and Westbrook as a 2nd back up plan, and if the KD situation gets resolved we all know Irving is likely getting traded pretty quickly, so yes right now there is a domino involved.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

In this situation, yes the KD situation is connected with Mitchell, because the Knicks want KD and if that falls through they have Mitchell and Westbrook as a 2nd back up plan, and if the KD situation gets resolved we all know Irving is likely getting traded pretty quickly, so yes right now there is a domino involved.

Again, I question all those assumptions.

I think the stumbling block with the Knicks may be that they don't want to give up as many as assets as the Jazz are asking for, rather than they are waiting for Durant. (There have been reports that they are far, far, far, far apart on a deal, which is what caused their negotiations to stall.) So I don't assume that if Durant is traded, a Knicks-Jazz deal will quickly follow.

As far as Irving, well, it will be interesting to see what happens with him if Durant is traded.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2mawzg39 LAL/BRK/UTAH

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2pqdqqvr LAL/BRK/IND

It would probably take more draft capital than we currently have though.

I'm not sure this is a team worth breaking the bank for (from Jeannie's perspective), but that's an awesome starting lineup if healthy and actually playing. Once again no depth, but such is the case with 4 max roster spots.

Kyrie
AReaves
LBJ
Simmons
AD

Long shots, I know, but with all the Kyrie and AD talk, I wonder how much the Nets want Simmons long-term as well??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 148 of 2546
Jump to: