NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 2551, 2552, 2553  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Stanley Johnson has been working on his wing three pointer, from what I recall in his thread. Guards shoot from the wings. Forwards shoot from the corners. I think Stanley has an opportunity to start at shooting guard.

Russell played the bulk of his career with Thabo Sefelosha and Andre Robinson at shooting guard. Stanley can play that role.

Right now, I assume Westbrook, Lebron and AD will start, along with either Jones or Bryant at center.

The starting 2 spot looks wide open. I could see it going to Johnson, Walker, or Reaves.

Nunn, Reaves, Walker, or Brown Jr seem to all be in the mix there. Johnson is the backup 4.

I am not sure if the backups and rotations are set. Could play out a lot of ways.

Could see a lot of guys spend time at the 4 -- AD, Lebron, Johnson, Gabriel.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Irving:

“When you’re ready to Break free from the media’s control over your subconscious thoughts and emotions, meet me on One of my platforms and let’s chop it up,” he wrote. “We the A11Even tribe love our conversations about the TRUTH and what is truly happening. Welcome to the PARADIGM SHIFT.”

yes, let's trade for him and give him a max
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
https://twitter.com/bronupdates/status/1557951983910256640?s=21&t=ymu37F5Ez_6crKPbQ16gsQ

Bron sure looks physically ready for this year….it’s unacceptable and a fricken shame if Rob can’t trade Russ and we waste another year. It’s even more depressing that they have reportedly offered the 2 FRPS and we’re still here.

I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Westbrook gets traded, Woike’s piece suggests that the Lakers bringing back Westbrook isn’t a option and that they will find a way to get something for him.

Man I hope you’re right!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Irving:

“When you’re ready to Break free from the media’s control over your subconscious thoughts and emotions, meet me on One of my platforms and let’s chop it up,” he wrote. “We the A11Even tribe love our conversations about the TRUTH and what is truly happening. Welcome to the PARADIGM SHIFT.”

yes, let's trade for him and give him a max

If he was making my soaps, sure.
Quote:
In what he would call the Moral ABC, Emanuel urged us to realise our unity across religious and ethnic divides or perish: “We are All-One or None!” For Dr. Bronner, the tragic consequences of racial and religious division were all too real.

https://info.drbronner.com/media-center/press-release/we-are-all-one-or-none/

-- Legit though.. I don't care much what he does off court that isn't going to physically injure him or get him suspended during the year.

Quote:
Bob Marley — 'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.None but ourselves can free our minds.'

Ky's thinking
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
https://twitter.com/bronupdates/status/1557951983910256640?s=21&t=ymu37F5Ez_6crKPbQ16gsQ

Bron sure looks physically ready for this year….it’s unacceptable and a fricken shame if Rob can’t trade Russ and we waste another year. It’s even more depressing that they have reportedly offered the 2 FRPS and we’re still here.

I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Westbrook gets traded, Woike’s piece suggests that the Lakers bringing back Westbrook isn’t a option and that they will find a way to get something for him.

I take a more straightforward view than you. I we hope we trade him in a good deal. But until there is an announcement that a trade has been submitted to the league office for approval, I assume he's going to be the starting point guard when training camp opens.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I take a more straightforward view than you. I we hope we trade him in a good deal. But until there is an announcement that a trade has been submitted to the league office for approval, I assume he's going to be the starting point guard when training camp opens.

We’ll see.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Stanley Johnson has been working on his wing three pointer, from what I recall in his thread. Guards shoot from the wings. Forwards shoot from the corners. I think Stanley has an opportunity to start at shooting guard.

Russell played the bulk of his career with Thabo Sefelosha and Andre Robinson at shooting guard. Stanley can play that role.

Right now, I assume Westbrook, Lebron and AD will start, along with either Jones or Bryant at center.

The starting 2 spot looks wide open. I could see it going to Johnson, Walker, or Reaves.

Nunn, Reaves, Walker, or Brown Jr seem to all be in the mix there. Johnson is the backup 4.

I have Stan as backup 4 as well. However, if he somehow manages to shoot at least 35% from 3 then all bets are off. We put him on Harden last year so I can see him guarding both 2s and 3s. It would make our surplus of undersized guards even more silly but there is a world where he makes the most sense.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject:

I think Stanley can make the roster, but it's not a guarantee. I don't see last year's guys getting the same love from the new coaching staff. They will likely have to earn their minutes and spot on the roster. Already we let go of Monk and McClung. That leaves Stanley, Reaves, THT as the 3 other "development" players (that could or could not get better). I was surprised we didn't try to run it back with some of the younger role players, especially the one's that showed more promise in the late part of the season (2 consecutive wins without Lebron/AD/Bron). Not even sure Reaves gets the same love from Ham/new staff that he got from ex championship winning head coach. New coaches value new things.

I see guys like THT (underacheived a lot last year needs to prove FO not incompetent), Walker, Brown Jr., Nunn (didn't play and also made FO look bad) etc getting the opportunities this year. I also see a guy like Christie getting some PT over Reaves at time. I think we should expect some fundamental changes with the new staff and not the same things valued.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I see guys like THT (underacheived a lot last year needs to prove FO not incompetent)

Let's not put THAT much pressure on the kid.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

I feel like the rest of the league is colluding against the Lakers. I'd complain with Silver and demand we get our '25 frp back from the Pels because of basketball reasons.

I feel like even if we could offer the Nets 3 frps, the Nets still wouldn't trade Kyrie to us. I can't remember the last time we've made a trade. Was it the Brick trade? lol. So, teams would only trade with us if they fleeced us. OK!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Source: Zach Wilson has a bone bruise and a meniscus tear in his right knee, as @BrianCoz said. He's sidelined 2-4 weeks. Important to note the meniscus doesn't need a full repair, just trimmed, per source. #Jets

So same injury as Kendrick Nunn
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Source: Zach Wilson has a bone bruise and a meniscus tear in his right knee, as @BrianCoz said. He's sidelined 2-4 weeks. Important to note the meniscus doesn't need a full repair, just trimmed, per source. #Jets

Way different sports
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Shams is reporting that the Lakers will play at Golden State opening night. Marc Stein is reporting that the Lakers will play at Dallas on Christmas Day. I can't remember the last time the Lakers played on the road opening night and on Christmas Day.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Can’t believe it will likely take 3 FRPs to trade for and un do the Russ trade. Horrific.

Any other industry this would be a fireable offense

It would in this industry too, just not in a situation where the owner’s biggest priority is working with her besties.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

There is a lot of variety to these injuries. From reports, it sounds like Wilson's meniscus tear was much less severe than Nunn's, but they won't know for sure until they do the surgery.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Shams is reporting that the Lakers will play at Golden State opening night. Marc Stein is reporting that the Lakers will play at Dallas on Christmas Day. I can't remember the last time the Lakers played on the road opening night and on Christmas Day.

Considering the lack of competitive games they produced last season it is remarkable they are even scheduled.

Testament to the ratings draw the Lakers and James still have.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I looked it up out of curiosity. 2019 season (Portland and Golden State).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
32 wrote:

I looked it up out of curiosity. 2019 season (Portland and Golden State).

Not as bad as I thought.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think Stanley can make the roster, but it's not a guarantee.

I believe Johnson's contract is guaranteed, so he'll make the roster. Perhaps you meant it's not guaranteed he'll make the rotation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject:

Should have had GS hosting the Celtics.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think Stanley can make the roster, but it's not a guarantee.

I believe Johnson's contract is guaranteed, so he'll make the roster. Perhaps you meant it's not guaranteed he'll make the rotation.

If we get Kyrie, Stanley at the 3 for wing defense and corner catch and shoot threes.

Closing death lineup. Switch everything. Everyone can shoot/defend.

PG: Kyrie
SG: Walker
SF: Stanley
PF: Bron
C: AD

Vs.

PG: Curry
SG: Poole
SG: Klay
PF: Wiggins
C: Dray

4th quarter closing lineups for opening night.

Last edited by krisobe on Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

Btw I think the Warriors will be hang over from the ring ceremony so there is a good chance the Lakers will play a relaxed Warriors team.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I feel like the rest of the league is colluding against the Lakers. I'd complain with Silver and demand we get our '25 frp back from the Pels because of basketball reasons.

I feel like even if we could offer the Nets 3 frps, the Nets still wouldn't trade Kyrie to us. I can't remember the last time we've made a trade. Was it the Brick trade? lol. So, teams would only trade with us if they fleeced us. OK!

So you’re mad because teams are trying to maximize returns for their stars rather than discounting them to us?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

It's funny you say that since I'd say we are probably the most active team in the league in terms of making trades. I believe we've made a major trade each of the past four years, as well as numerous small ones. The problem is the trades haven't worked out for us, especially recently.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

SiriusXM NBA Radio
wrote:
Aug 13, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite

POSTING COPYRIGHT MATERIAL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 2551, 2552, 2553  Next
Page 165 of 2553
Jump to: