NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2579, 2580, 2581 ... 2625, 2626, 2627  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Defensively skilled 3 point shooting guard = Max Christie

Who’s better currently, Max or Cam?

Max. And you'd have seen more of it if Ham wasn't pissed that Cam wasn't the one that fit best in that situation

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane
Lakers' most-used lineups & Net Rtg:

AD-LBJ-Rui-AR-DLo: +5.5
AD-LBJ-Prince-AR-DLo: -2.4
AD-LBJ-Prince-Reddish-DLo: +.3
AD-LBJ-Prince-Reddish-AR: -12.5
AD-Rui-Dinwiddie-AR-DLo: -4.6
AD-Rui-Prince-AR-DLo: -2.4
AD-LBJ-Rui-Dinwiddie-AR: +6.2
AD-LBJ-Prince-Max-DLo: +9.7

Maybe getting overlooked in this: The Lakers' 5th-most used lineup for the season (AD-LBJ-Dinwiddie-AR-DLo) features a guy who played his first game as a Laker on Feb 13th. Crazy.

With Max Christie, I tried to cut through the noise of garbage time via Cleaning The Glass

Max on the floor with regular rotation players (LeBron, AD, DLo, AR, Prince, Rui, SD, Gabe, Wood, Vando, Hayes) = +4.7.

That same group is +3.4 with Max off the floor
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1786145667334746155

Let that seep in... and the fact that Ham intentionally kept Christie out because he wanted Reddish to be the one that made the lineup work, but it was Christie instead. Then think about the fact that the analytics told him what the best lineups were and he never did it because Max wasn't who he personally chose and had favoritism towards.

We can only imagine what a AD-LBJ-Rui-Max-DLo lineup could have accomplished this season.

Last edited by MJST on Fri May 03, 2024 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:

Max. And you'd have seen more of it if Ham wasn't pissed that Cam wasn't the one that fit best in that situation

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane

Maybe getting overlooked in this: The Lakers' 5th-most used lineup for the season (AD-LBJ-Dinwiddie-AR-DLo) features a guy who played his first game as a Laker on Feb 13th. Crazy.

With Max Christie, I tried to cut through the noise of garbage time via Cleaning The Glass

Max on the floor with regular rotation players (LeBron, AD, DLo, AR, Prince, Rui, SD, Gabe, Wood, Vando, Hayes) = +4.7.

Let that seep in... and the fact that Ham intentionally kept Christie out because he wanted Reddish to be the one that made the lineup work, but it was Christie instead. Then think about the fact that the analytics told him what the best lineups were and he never did it because Max wasn't who he personally chose and had favoritism towards.

Post the minutes played and who they played to get a better idea of what those numbers mean.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane

Post the minutes played and who they played to get a better idea of what those numbers mean.

That lineup played 79 minutes and 10 games. Not insignificant, but also not big enough to properly compare the effect size of 9.7 to the starting lineup.

In aggregate, the lineup data tells us we can't play Austin and DLo with the 3 being non-physical. That was the painful lesson it took Ham 40+ games to learn.

If Vando and Gabe were healthy, we could've staggered the two guards more and built more effective lineups. Reddish should have never been signed.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject:

Realistically our best option is to keep Dlo, sign ANY big reallly and then run it back
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
defense wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane

That lineup played 79 minutes and 10 games. Not insignificant, but also not big enough to properly compare the effect size of 9.7 to the starting lineup.

In aggregate, the lineup data tells us we can't play Austin and DLo with the 3 being non-physical. That was the painful lesson it took Ham 40+ games to learn.

If Vando and Gabe were healthy, we could've staggered the two guards more and built more effective lineups. Reddish should have never been signed.

Can’t ignore the Dlo/Dinwiddie line up that is missing here regardless of how infrequently it may have been used because it is more than 3x better +/- than any other line up. The pairing of Dlo/Dinwiddie is by far the best line up.

MaxC line up is good too tho and this thread is what it’s about. MaxC had been part of the team such that if it others weren’t significantly better then MaxC should have been used instead of a new comer like Cam. The misuse of the roster imo is one of the major reasons Ham has to be relieved of his duties as coach. With the shi++ing the bed coment and lack of tact in addressing AD’s concern about the team not knowing what to do on both ends I wouldn’t be surprised if Ham’s career as an NBA head coach has been jeopardized anywhere anytime in the future.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

Would y’all empty the cupboard for Markannen?

Rui+3FRPs+3 swaps for Markannen?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@Trevor_Lane

We can only imagine what a AD-LBJ-Rui-Max-DLo lineup could have accomplished this season.

Wish we’d seen Max instead of Dinwiddie in the playoff
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:39 am    Post subject:

My off season plan

Resign DLO-3y/70M-Deal starting around 22M
Resign Max Christie 2y7M
Resign TP ~1y5M
Hope C.Wood opt in
Realistic offseason targets-Kris Dunn and Goga along with one of Josh Richardson or Melton

Trade
Shop Rui+Gabe+JHS+17 for BPA. Can take back around 36-38M.
Players in that range-Donovan Mitchell/Jermai Grant/Ingram/Marcus Smart/D.Murray

I would like to see Reaves moved into a 6th man role if we are able to pick up a 2way 2 guard. Or if its Max.

AD/Goga
LeBron/Wood
J.Grant/Vando
Kris Dunn or Max/Prince
DLo/Reaves

Hopefully we have a coach that can optimze Christian Wood and he comes back motivated in a contract year.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

No. Those type of moves should only be for someone who would make us favorites. Not many of those types. Mitchell maybe. Trae Young no.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
governator wrote:

No. Those type of moves should only be for someone who would make us favorites. Not many of those types. Mitchell maybe. Trae Young no.

also for a player that has couple of years left on his deal. Lauri i think is an expirer who will command near max in summer
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

They’re done rebuilding

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2024/04/16/danny-ainge-is-going-big-game/
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
governator wrote:

also for a player that has couple of years left on his deal. Lauri i think is an expirer who will command near max in summer

Lauri would probably make our defense worse. LeBron days of being a 3 full time are long gone.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

Woj. keeps implying the Lakers are going to make a major move and they have the assets to do it.

Usually it’s Woj. in the media consistently trying to tear down the Lakers ability to get better.

So the shift is interesting.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject:

If we go all in on Mitchell (I doubt we have enough but he could have some leverage if he want out basically being on an exp k)

2024 1st (17)
2029 1st
Right to swap in 2023 1st
2031 1st
Rui+Vincent+JHS

I would like our team with the right VM signings/energy guys (Dunn/Goga)

AD/Goga/Theis
LeBron/Wood
Vando/TP/Lewis
Mitchell/Christie
DLo/Reaves/Dunn
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Jimmy Butler era in Miami could be ‘nearing a tipping point,’ per @davidaldridgedc

“There have been murmurings this year that Butler and the Heat may no longer be singing from the same hymnal. Butler, famously, does things his way, and Miami’s organization, famously, does not brook much individualism.”

https://theathletic.com/5468309/2024/05/03/76ers-rebuild-joel-embiid-jimmy-butler/?source=user_shared_article&utm_content=buffer4d798&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I can see Butler going back to Philly if they can't get PG13.

Last edited by Lakersfan1211 on Fri May 03, 2024 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tobias Harris is expected to relocate from Philadelphia, per @TimBontemps

“League sources expect Harris, who has been at the center of fan frustrations in Philadelphia, to be elsewhere next season.”

(Via http://es.pn/44ua7Di)
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind a shot at Butler. What would it take to get him?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

Salary? Rui+AR+Gabe+Vando+a min, about $49m
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Salary? Rui+AR+Gabe+Vando+a min, about $49m

He will be 35 by the time the season starts.

If we are going all in on a 3rd star (again) I hope it's for one in their 20's.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Tobias Harris is Pistons bound, he’s the only some what big name that the Pistons can realistically sign with there cap space
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Ham was definitely a bad coach and the Lakers are better with even an average head coach in place of him, but I hated how fans placed the blame solely on him for their mediocrity.

The roster isn't great. It needs 1 significant move AND some smaller moves.

The players themselves are almost ALWAYS the biggest problem.

Eric Spoelstra wouldn't lead this team to a ring as is.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Hell no
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
governator wrote:

If we get to keep AR and get Markannen for Rui and picks/swaps only, this can be our starting unit (assuming DLo leaves)

Bron-AR-Vando-Markannen-AD (we shouldn’t be outrebounded ever)

Gabe-Max-Cam-Wood-Hayes

Bronny-JHS-Max L-Castleton
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 6:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
governator wrote:

If we get to keep AR and get Markannen for Rui and picks/swaps only, this can be our starting unit (assuming DLo leaves)

Bron-AR-Vando-Markannen-AD (we shouldn’t be outrebounded ever)

Gabe-Max-Cam-Wood-Hayes

Bronny-JHS-Max L-Castleton

Sterting PGs?
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

If they hire Redick as the HC I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like this.. Both Lebron and Redick were raving about Markkanen.

He is still only 26 so should only be entering his prime. His game should fit next to any star. After Lebron hangs 'em up they could bring in just about any superstar and Lauri's game would fit next to them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2579, 2580, 2581 ... 2625, 2626, 2627  Next
Page 2580 of 2627
Jump to: