NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2581, 2582, 2583 ... 2625, 2626, 2627  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Edey just has college player written all over him to me. From what I've seen he still lacks some fundamentals like keeping the ball up high and making quick reads which is concerning for a 4 year player. Feel like the game against UCONN foreshadowed his career since they're built like an NBA team.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

If I'm PG, I look at Blake Griffin as a cautionary tale in my negotiations with the Clippers. Just because he signs a deal with them doesn't mean he stays. I'd ask for a NTC, and when they say no, I'd ask for the five year max. If they say no to that, I'd bolt to a free agent destination.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If I'm PG, I look at Blake Griffin as a cautionary tale in my negotiations with the Clippers. Just because he signs a deal with them doesn't mean he stays. I'd ask for a NTC, and when they say no, I'd ask for the five year max. If they say no to that, I'd bolt to a free agent destination.

He would be a great fit on the Sixers
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
The Pelicans are not expected to offer Brandon Ingram a contract extension this offseason.

Ingram is eligible to sign a four-year, $208 million deal, but New Orleans will be going in another direction.

Trey Murphy III is also eligible for a rookie-scale extension expected to pay him $20-25 million annually.

All signs point towards New Orleans prioritizing Murphy over Ingram as their wing of the future.

New Orleans will have Ingram’s $36 million salary and valuable draft capital to attempt to pair another star alongside Zion Williamson.

I'd prioritize Murphy over Ingram too

Not sure what people see in Murphy. I watched him a bit on league pass. He's a good shooter, but his shot creation metrics are poor. He has the athleticism to take it to the next level, but like Jaxson Hayes, his head seems to get in the way. As far as BI - I just want to see BI play for a competent organization, which obviously isn't the Lakers. I do hope he leaves or gets traded tbh. Pels aren't going anywhere with Zion until they fix his injury woes.

Why are you worried about shot creation from a SG? He is not a PG. 38% from 3 on 8 attempts? 6'8 and only 23 year old?
I'd take him over dribble dribble 15ft jumper bi
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject:

i bet pelinka is itching to overpay for ingram
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

bingo. they will be looking to flip him by the deadline if he resigns
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

I think you have it wrong, I think the guy he’s gonna try to acquire is Lauri Markkanen
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Quote:
The Pelicans are not expected to offer Brandon Ingram a contract extension this offseason.

Ingram is eligible to sign a four-year, $208 million deal, but New Orleans will be going in another direction.

Trey Murphy III is also eligible for a rookie-scale extension expected to pay him $20-25 million annually.

All signs point towards New Orleans prioritizing Murphy over Ingram as their wing of the future.

New Orleans will have Ingram’s $36 million salary and valuable draft capital to attempt to pair another star alongside Zion Williamson.

I'd prioritize Murphy over Ingram too

Not sure what people see in Murphy. I watched him a bit on league pass. He's a good shooter, but his shot creation metrics are poor. He has the athleticism to take it to the next level, but like Jaxson Hayes, his head seems to get in the way. As far as BI - I just want to see BI play for a competent organization, which obviously isn't the Lakers. I do hope he leaves or gets traded tbh. Pels aren't going anywhere with Zion until they fix his injury woes.

Why are you worried about shot creation from a SG? He is not a PG. 38% from 3 on 8 attempts? 6'8 and only 23 year old?
I'd take him over dribble dribble 15ft jumper bi

1) He's a forward who turns 24 this summer.
2) It's how he gets those attempts, which was from the gravity of BI or Zion. Look at the best pels lineups. He benefits tremendously from BI's gravity.
3) He regressed this season and his percentages were down all across the board. Part of it was injuries, but there's nothing to justify overpaying him. The real breakthrough will be when he improves his handles and improves his shot creation. Then he might have third star potential and be worth the money.
4) Besides, Pels are almost certain to keep him over BI, which is exactly what an incompetent organization does. It's a total pipe because the Pels will overpay Murphy anyways. Better that they do it and not us.
5) This organization should definitely avoid BI, but not for the reasons you listed. He's injury prone and every time he puts it together, an injury knocks him down a peg, and he becomes completely ineffective.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

He’s waiting for Lebron to signal who he wants. Rob isn’t smart enough to ID the best fit out there, he’s only smart enough to ensure his own job security, and he does that by getting “The guy Lebron wanted” So he plea, once again, that his hands were tied if it backfires. Just like with Russ. Just like with the next coaching hire.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if the Pels trade BI and picks for Mitchell
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

He’s waiting for Lebron to signal who he wants. Rob isn’t smart enough to ID the best fit out there, he’s only smart enough to ensure his own job security, and he does that by getting “The guy Lebron wanted” So he plea, once again, that his hands were tied if it backfires. Just like with Russ. Just like with the next coaching hire.

Ingram is pretty mid and always hurt…
Not worth $36 million next year.
No thanks.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject:

People keep mentioning salaries and how the Lakers shouldn't break the bank for a 3rd option.

But, the Nuggets are paying their top 4 guys $147 mil next season.

LeBron and AD will make $94.5 million. Certainly, there's space there. It's even better if AR is that 4th guy with his cheap salary.

The Lakers probably need to tidy up what they're spending with some of the other guys. Rui isn't doing enough for making $17 million.

But if Jeanie isn't willing to spend where these contenders are, then the Lakers will have trouble competing with these financial constraints.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject:

More and more, I feel like going after someone like Dejounte instead of Trae.

Maybe the Lakers just need production like DLo's and AR's, but it carries over to the playoffs and comes with defense.

I think Dejounte's dribble penetration and general athleticism will carry over better in the playoffs. He did play really well in the 5 games he played against Boston last year.

He put up 23/7/7 on 45/38/100.

The Lakers get him instead of someone bigger, maybe they have assets to make other nice moves as well.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
People keep mentioning salaries and how the Lakers shouldn't break the bank for a 3rd option.

But, the Nuggets are paying their top 4 guys $147 mil next season.

LeBron and AD will make $94.5 million. Certainly, there's space there. It's even better if AR is that 4th guy with his cheap salary.

The Lakers probably need to tidy up what they're spending with some of the other guys. Rui isn't doing enough for making $17 million.

But if Jeanie isn't willing to spend where these contenders are, then the Lakers will have trouble competing with these financial constraints.

I think some of ya'll are still stuck in the 2010s-2018 when stuff like this gets said.

12-8 as a 4th-5th option is precisely what $15-$17M would be worth. That's why people that average 18-20 as a 3rd option are considered underpaid for $18M.

Next season Rui needs to step up however. I do think that as a 6th man scorer Rui would put up 15-16 points a game though. He should be the Naz Reid role. Problem is Vando was hurt.

The T'Wolves got Naz Reid on a bargain.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Also I think Lauri would be a terrible idea anyway even if it were possible.

AD needs to go back to being a PF AND WE NEED A (bleep) CENTER. Lauri doesn't solve that. Plus in a Laker uniform, and playing with Lebron, I guarantee you he would shoot so much worse here.

We haven't had a good 3 point shooting team since 2009, and Lebron makes most all stars/superstars worse with him (Boozer, Wade, Bosh, Kevin Love). The only exceptions are Kyrie Irving (he's pretty much the same player no matter who he plays with though) and Anthony Davis.

Lakers could just draft a big center with the #17 pick if they don't trade it. They could also sign someone like Goga in FA who shouldn't cost much. I 100% agree they need to add one big body to throw out there against certain matchups especially Denver.

GIMMIE ZACH EDEY PLEASE! PLEASE! 🙏🙏🙏

I do want the Lakers to draft a Center. It's been way too damn long, and the problem at that position has been obvious. We literally haven't drafted a Center since Zubac. I had enough of drafting these unatheltic, uninspiring guards who either don't pan out or don't last long here. FOR ONCE, GIVE ME A DAMN CENTER!

I watched Eddy play and he looks like a project to me. His shooting especially that backward hook shot is nothing short of ugly.

The best player in college basketball isn't a project.

I don't care how ugly his hook shot 'looks', its super efficient and it goes in.

Perhaps a project is not the right word. He is still raw in some ways. He's just huge. Not sure we need him. He will go farther up in the draft than we can get anyway....

"just huge" isn't 25/12/2/2 and being a 20/12 guy for the last 2 seasons.

His game looks 'non-aesthetic' but that doesn't matter when it comes to effectiveness. Tacko Fall is 'just big'. That's not Zach Edey.

He has the highest player efficiency ratings in NCAA history while also being it's best offensive rebounder this season(something the Lakers DESPERATELY NEED) and you say he's "just big".

Well I hope the other teams except the Lakers take him for granted so the Lakers can draft him.

(0:51) I also don't think he'll have too much issue with taking mid range jumpers if he's asked to. It wasn't required of him in college, but he seems good with it, and I don't see anything that looks like a busted form.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject:

would you guys be ok with this roster:

ad / nick richards / hayes / wood
bron / vando / grant williams / prince / reddish / lewis
ar / gabe / spencer / christie

-dlo walks
-spender for tpmle
-christie resigns
-prince resigns
-bron resigns
-reddish, hayes, wood all take POs
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:52 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

I think you have it wrong, I think the guy he’s gonna try to acquire is Lauri Markkanen

Man, I hope so IG! Markannen-AD twin tower can hold their own against Nugs of Wolves or whoever at 25-30 yrs old
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:53 am    Post subject:

How do we fit Jonas Valanciunas if somehow we stay pat with DLo, Max? TpMLE is it? Has to let go Wood and Cam?
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 5:12 am    Post subject:

How can we get both Lauri & Jonas Val?
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:07 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
would you guys be ok with this roster:

ad / nick richards / hayes / wood
bron / vando / grant williams / prince / reddish / lewis
ar / gabe / spencer / christie

-dlo walks
-spender for tpmle
-christie resigns
-prince resigns
-bron resigns
-reddish, hayes, wood all take POs
why would prince and Spencer resign. They have options for more money elsewhere. All we would be able to offer them is a minimum
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
How do we fit Jonas Valanciunas if somehow we stay pat with DLo, Max? TpMLE is it? Has to let go Wood and Cam?
wood and cam have player options. It's out of our hands.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:11 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Wonder if the Pels trade BI and picks for Mitchell
Mitchell wants New York or Miami in my opinion and I think he will get it. The ball is in his court.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
levon wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
Does Markannen solve a problem or create an interesting solution to problems we may not have?

The latter is how we've been operating in every season of Rob's tenure outside of 2020.

Adds a whole new dimension. If the plan is to keep AD and LeBron at the 5 and 4, Lauri at the 3 with two 3&D guards is lights out.

But I don't think Utah wants to trade him and I don't think if they did we could meet their price.

I don't think Lauri is a 4 pick player in today's NBA, so we could meet their price. Also, we could remove the light pick protection in 2027 as a sweetener.

I just don't know what problem it really solves besides giving AD a spacing big to play with at the 4. Against Denver, does that leave LeBron to chase around MPJ? Lauri?

It’s been reported that the Jazz want to use their picks to make a big move. Lauri is an all-star on one of the best deals in league. There’s no reason to trade him.
hes an expiring. So he can ask out. He has the leverage to determine where he wants to go
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:27 am    Post subject:

Yama wrote:
tbh out of all the capspace teams only Orlando makes sense for DLO. Other than that, maybe Bulls or Pelicans in a sign and trade? I think it is in his best interest to get a deal done here, so I'd guess maybe 2/50
I think Orlando will pursue bigger fish. You have PG, monk, Harden, Siakim, and KCP why would you choose dlo over any of those players when you have the cap space.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject:

I think Max Christie — 21 years old (third youngest free agent) — will have far more interest than any of those guys in free agency. I’d argue resigning Max, or sign and trade, should be our top priority.

James Harden is 35 years old.
Paul George is 34 years old.
Pascal Siakam is 30 years old.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is 31 years old.

All of them are OLD players .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2581, 2582, 2583 ... 2625, 2626, 2627  Next
Page 2582 of 2627
Jump to: