NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2589, 2590, 2591 ... 2652, 2653, 2654  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lebron/DLO/AR/Dinwiddie/Gabe
- Just too many cooks in the kitchen... A lot of those guys are being asked to play off the ball which they are not accustomed to.

That's because we have a stupid Coach.

D'Lo Main ball Handler
Reaves and LeBron Secondary Ball Handlers

Gabe: Bench spot up three point shooter
Dinwiddie: Super 6th man asked to score for the bench

There. Easy. Ham's the one stupidly playing three guard lineups for no darn reasons and diminishing roles and not playing them to their strengths.

Having a scorer like Dinwiddie and asking them to stand in a corner and that the team "doesn't need" them to be an offensive player is the idiocy of the Coach, not the cooks.

And continuing to play Gabe Vincent who obviously wasn't ready nor understood our system because he was out of it for a year and NOT playing Max Christie in his place was another idiocy of the Coach.

Created a logjam which the FO have to fix in the offseason...

Right now we only have AR/Gabe, Lebron/DLO with player options. Prefer to move 1 or 2 of those guys. 1 for a defensive scoring guard, or 2 of them for a defensive scoring PG. If you can upgrade both AR or DLO by attaching picks to them. You do it. I just think the FO will be making a big mistake bringing the same roster back with marginal vet minimum signings. Specially with Lebron turning 40.

If Lebron opts out, then just bring everyone else back because you're no longer competing at that point.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
The Nuggets 3-5 are way better than the Lakers 3-5.

Their 1-2 are better than our 1-2.

Jamal Murray isn't better than LeBron or AD. And Jokic wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire except for some gaudy stats in Game 2.

he is when it mattered which is all that matters. AD falls a sleep late. Bron is gassed and turns it over or takes long 3s. we see it happen.

You're boring and your schtick is tired.

No GM's taking Murray over either of those guys. He doesn't even have the health argument.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

Jamal Murray isn't better than LeBron or AD. And Jokic wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire except for some gaudy stats in Game 2.

he is when it mattered which is all that matters. AD falls a sleep late. Bron is gassed and turns it over or takes long 3s. we see it happen.

No GM's taking Murray over either of those guys. He doesn't even have the health argument.

Exactly. If the Nuggets called the Lakers and offered Murray for LeBron, he wouldn't take that.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Couple of updates I haven't seen discussed here yet
- Wood re-upped
- Trae Young left Klutch for Mintz at CAA
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

Hopefully that means no Trae to LA
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:43 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

no one is taking bron. he is about to be 3yrs 160. no one said Murray>Bron. reading is your friend. What i said are facts.
Murray was trash the whole series except when it mattered
The stats are there to read in case you didnt watch. AD didnt close the deal. in fact in 2 games he was a non-factor late. Jokic did. Every team has a kryponite. Ours is denver.

But no one said Murray>Bron except Maybe when they play each other.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

Well Lakers are off the hook now...

I think he goes to one of this teams (Spurs/Magic/76ers)... Or he stays in ATL and they deal Murray instead.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

Orrr they just got their in where CAA helps facilitate a DLo+ for Trae type package, whether it be via opt-in or opt out followed by a S&t.

I guess it’s good that we don’t lose an asset for nothing…but bAD for what it does to our defense aka AD’s neck & back! 🤕
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

Yeah say no to someone who will help take pressure off of a 40 year old LeBron, we aren’t getting anyone better with assets that none of the NBA fans desire
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
governator wrote:
Jonas Valenciunas, Isaiah brightskin Hartenstein, Myles Turner, how to get one of these guys? Even Drummond. How’s this salary math work? Has to S&T? Cost DLo or Max? VAS!!!

we had Drummond, Zubac, and Brook Lopez, the perfect centers for AD, and yet, the management pissed all them away and getting yearly rental on undersized bigs.

So what would it take to bring one

Drummond is an unrestricted free agent. He just made the league minimum, so if he would do that again, sure, he's a fit. I just question whether or not he would accept that because his market value may be higher this time. But we'll see.

Zubac is an $11.4MM expiring in '24-25. In theory, you could trade for him, but I highly doubt that the Clippers would trade him back to us.

Lopez is probably more within the realm of possibility because he's a $23MM expiring in '24-25, and they need to get under the 2nd apron. I'd still say it's more likely than not that they keep him, but I could at least see them moving him. You'd need to move at least $20MM in salary to make that work.

J-Val is also an unrestricted free agent, coming off a contract that paid him an average annual value of about $15.1MM. So it's tough to see him as a fit, given that the most we could offer him, I believe, is our MLE, and he can probably get more. In theory, a sign-and-trade is available for him or any other player that's an unrestricted free agent, however keep in mind that any sign-and-trade hard caps you, and the hard cap number is well below the 2nd apron, so we almost certainly can't afford to hard cap ourselves. This is also a factor if we were to sign-and-trade D'lo to another team: it would hard cap them, although there might be some teams that are just fine with that.

Hartenstein is an unrestricted free agent, coming off a 2 year, $18MM deal. His play has been outstanding, he's only 26, and if he would come on the full MLE, I'd certainly offer that to him. But his market could very well be higher than that. I'd also expect the Knicks to try to retain him, which means that Mitchell Robinson could be on the trade block. So he could be one to consider. His salary actually decreases over the next 2 seasons: $14.3MM next season and just under $13MM in '25-26.

Finally, the Myles Turner ship has long sailed, Indiana is trying to add pieces to contend, and Herb Simon and Kevin Pritchard were never going to trade him to us anyway, because they would rather murder their own children over potentially helping the Lakers in a trade!

Good breakdown and to Chickyback on what CS explained, the MLEs can be traded this offseason. So in the case of FAs like JVal (NO has full bird rights) and Hartenstein (NY has early bird rights), NO & NY can S&t each player via their respective bird rights, while we can trade for them via our MLE, as long as their starting salary is either at or below that 12.9m starting amount. Since NY & NO used bird rights on them, they essentially retain their MLEs to use on another player of their choosing…and since we wound have used ours, we wound be hardcapped at the 1st Apron. Btw, since Hartenstein is an early bird, his potential S&t contract would have to be a minimum 2yr deal of guaranteed money. Also S&t’d deals gotta be a minimum of 3yrs in length, with only the 1st year being fully guaranteed, but as stated before, the Hartenstein scenario woumd require a 2yr fully guaranteed deal with the 3rd year being nonguaranteed due to his early bird restrictions…..
Or, we can just outright sign them to our MLE if the market dictates that as their value and NO or NY ain’t looking to at least recoup something back for them as outgoing assets in free agency.

In the case of Zu, his deal would fit into our MLE amount, but would the clips do it? Remember they are a projected 2nd Apron team with a reupped Harden & PG, so in order to come off some of the punitive factors of the 2nd Apron, they could look at shedding salary in a beneficial way.

I still got hopes for Myles. Dude would be perfect next to AD, but we gotta do it without the use of our MLE, which means DLo (via opt-in) or Rui + some minimum players (Wood) would have to go for salary matching purposes and if we project to breach the 1st Apron post trade, then we would have to make sure 100% of Myles 19.9m is outbound (ie we cannot use a favorable trade multiplier). The same applies to BLo as well, albeit his is a bit higher to match at 23m.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue May 07, 2024 11:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

Yeah say no to someone who will help take pressure off of a 40 year old LeBron, we aren’t getting anyone better with assets that none of the NBA fans desire

You don't watch basketball though. You watch the rumor mill.

No reason to give away every asset for a 6'0 pg who can't guard and has never been anything other than a first option on O
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
governator wrote:
Jonas Valenciunas, Isaiah brightskin Hartenstein, Myles Turner, how to get one of these guys? Even Drummond. How’s this salary math work? Has to S&T? Cost DLo or Max? VAS!!!

we had Drummond, Zubac, and Brook Lopez, the perfect centers for AD, and yet, the management pissed all them away and getting yearly rental on undersized bigs.

Drummond is an unrestricted free agent. He just made the league minimum, so if he would do that again, sure, he's a fit. I just question whether or not he would accept that because his market value may be higher this time. But we'll see.

Zubac is an $11.4MM expiring in '24-25. In theory, you could trade for him, but I highly doubt that the Clippers would trade him back to us.

Lopez is probably more within the realm of possibility because he's a $23MM expiring in '24-25, and they need to get under the 2nd apron. I'd still say it's more likely than not that they keep him, but I could at least see them moving him. You'd need to move at least $20MM in salary to make that work.

J-Val is also an unrestricted free agent, coming off a contract that paid him an average annual value of about $15.1MM. So it's tough to see him as a fit, given that the most we could offer him, I believe, is our MLE, and he can probably get more. In theory, a sign-and-trade is available for him or any other player that's an unrestricted free agent, however keep in mind that any sign-and-trade hard caps you, and the hard cap number is well below the 2nd apron, so we almost certainly can't afford to hard cap ourselves. This is also a factor if we were to sign-and-trade D'lo to another team: it would hard cap them, although there might be some teams that are just fine with that.

Hartenstein is an unrestricted free agent, coming off a 2 year, $18MM deal. His play has been outstanding, he's only 26, and if he would come on the full MLE, I'd certainly offer that to him. But his market could very well be higher than that. I'd also expect the Knicks to try to retain him, which means that Mitchell Robinson could be on the trade block. So he could be one to consider. His salary actually decreases over the next 2 seasons: $14.3MM next season and just under $13MM in '25-26.

Finally, the Myles Turner ship has long sailed, Indiana is trying to add pieces to contend, and Herb Simon and Kevin Pritchard were never going to trade him to us anyway, because they would rather murder their own children over potentially helping the Lakers in a trade!

Thanks for the quality write-up.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

No reason to give away every asset for a 6'0 pg who can't guard and has never been anything other than a first option on O

I have watched enough games to know that Trae Young will help us when the game is close during crunch time and we need someone to give us buckets, what we need is a legit scorer
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:51 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
governator wrote:

Good breakdown and to Chickyback on what CS explained, the MLEs can be traded this offseason. So in the case of FAs like JVal (NO has full bird rights) and Hartenstein (NY has early bird rights), NO & NY can S&t each player via their respective bird rights, while we can trade for them via our MLE, as long as their starting salary is either at or below that 12.9m starting amount. Since NY & NO used bird rights on them, they essentially retain their MLEs to use on another player of their choosing…and since we wound have used ours, we wound be hardcapped at the 1st Apron. Btw, since Hartenstein is an early bird, his potential S&t contract would have to be a minimum 2yr deal of guaranteed money. Also S&t’d deals gotta be a minimum of 3yrs in length, with only the 1st year being fully guaranteed, but as stated before, the Hartenstein scenario woumd require a 2yr fully guaranteed deal with the 3rd year being nonguaranteed due to his early bird restrictions…..
Or, we can just outright sign them to our MLE if the market dictates that as their value and NO or NY ain’t looking to at least recoup something back for them as outgoing assets in free agency.

In the case of Zu, his deal would fit into our MLE amount, but would the clips do it? Remember they are a projected 2nd Apron team with a reupped Harden & PG, so in order to come off some of the punitive factors of the 2nd Apron, they could look at shedding salary in a beneficial way.

I still got hopes for Myles. Dude would be perfect next to AD, but we gotta do it without the use of our MLE, which means DLo (via opt-in) or Rui + some minimum players (Wood) would have to go for salary matching purposes and if we project to breach the 1st Apron post trade, then we would have to make sure 100% of Myles 19.9m is outbound (ie we cannot use a favorable trade multiplier). The same applies to BLo as well, albeit his is a bit higher to match at 23m.

"Chickyback", ha, I love it. Thanks for adding these important details. But I really think the Myles stuff is dead. Their team is on the upswing and his contract isn't even prohibitive, although it's true that he's an expiring next season. And maybe they'll lose Siakam in free agency and perhaps Rui could be a cheaper alternative for them at the 4, I could buy that. But I have a hard time seeing them move Turner, and certainly not to us. They absolutely despise us.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

I have watched enough games to know that Trae Young will help us when the game is close during crunch timer

You should watch enough Trae Young to also know that trading all our depth for him, it won't matter what he does at the end of games. Because we won't be in any of them and will be headed to the lottery with no picks next off-season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

I have watched enough games to know that Trae Young will help us when the game is close during crunch time and we need someone to give us buckets, what we need is a legit scorer

1) He's not going to have the ball as much in crunch time because LeBron will.

2) He's a munchkin.

3) He plays no defense and, in fact, will be hunted relentlessly by smart teams down the stretch.

4) He's a foul-baiter to ridiculous degrees and those type of players seem to have their calls dry up considerably come playoff time.

5) He makes $43MM next year so you'd have to part with considerably more depth than you would if you acquired someone much cheaper. This would leave us with LeBron, AD, Trae, and some pretty weak depth behind them. And Trae isn't even the right fit anyway for all the reasons I've already mentioned.

6) D'Angelo Russell had more win shares than Trae this past season and while Trae had more per 48 minutes (he missed a lot of games), it wasn't by much. Over the past 2 seasons, Trae has more win shares/48 minutes, but, again, not by a ton, and D'lo just made less than half of what Trae's salary was this past season. We would be much better off simply keeping/re-upping D'lo for 45-50% of what Trae is making.

HE'S JUST NOT WORTH IT. Which means that we'll probably do it. It would be the final nail in the coffin for the chances of fielding a competitive team around LeBron in his final year or two.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject:

My question is what's the value of Rui in a deal? Is his contract looked it as a negative, positive, or neutral?

Lakers-D.Murray/Mitchell Robinson
Hawks-17th pick/2029 1st/JHS/Rui/Cam
Knicks-Gabe Vincent/Hayes

Vincent is a Thibbs type player. Knicks will have to resign Hartstein so might be looking to move the injury prone Robinson.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:09 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
levon wrote:
- Wood re-upped

1) He's not going to have the ball as much in crunch time because LeBron will.

2) He's a munchkin.

3) He plays no defense and, in fact, will be hunted relentlessly by smart teams down the stretch.

4) He's a foul-baiter to ridiculous degrees and those type of players seem to have their calls dry up considerably come playoff time.

5) He makes $43MM next year so you'd have to part with considerably more depth than you would if you acquired someone much cheaper. This would leave us with LeBron, AD, Trae, and some pretty weak depth behind them. And Trae isn't even the right fit anyway for all the reasons I've already mentioned.

6) D'Angelo Russell had more win shares than Trae this past season and while Trae had more per 48 minutes (he missed a lot of games), it wasn't by much. Over the past 2 seasons, Trae has more win shares/48 minutes, but, again, not by a ton, and D'lo just made less than half of what Trae's salary was this past season. We would be much better off simply keeping/re-upping D'lo for 45-50% of what Trae is making.

HE'S JUST NOT WORTH IT. Which means that we'll probably do it. It would be the final nail in the coffin for the chances of fielding a competitive team around LeBron in his final year or two.

Sad but true. Like Metallica.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

If Luka and Kyrie works, there’s hope LeBron and Trae can work (I’d rather different ‘3rd star’) but depends on the coach… and Bron
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject:

So Trae for Dlo and Gabe?

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
So Trae for Dlo and Gabe?

U saying DLo getting $35 large? If the S&T hard cap math works… I mean…
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
If Luka and Kyrie works, there’s hope LeBron and Trae can work (I’d rather different ‘3rd star’) but depends on the coach… and Bron

Luka is young and can carry a squad 82 + 16 in. a way LeBron can no longer do. Kyrie is proven to be one the most clutch players who can kill you one on one but also play off ball as effectively. And if you watch him this playoffs, he's out there playing D at a high level.

I understand the intrigue in Trae but given the cost to get him and the weaknesses created, after acquiring him, it's just a terrible idea.

At least Mitchell is athletic, bigger, strong, plays D, and can attack the rim. At least DJM has size but has shown very good defensive ability. Trae gives you none of that.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
governator wrote:

Luka is young and can carry a squad 82 + 16 in. a way LeBron can no longer do. Kyrie is proven to be one the most clutch players who can kill you one on one but also play off ball as effectively. And if you watch him this playoffs, he's out there playing D at a high level.

I understand the intrigue in Trae but given the cost to get him and the weaknesses created, after acquiring him, it's just a terrible idea.

At least Mitchell is athletic, bigger, strong, plays D, and can attack the rim. At least DJM has size but has shown very good defensive ability. Trae gives you none of that.

my hope is DLO opts in and we can trade dlo/rui/gabe/jhs/17 for DJM and Hunter

AD
Bron
Hunter
AR
DJM
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I mean, do Luka and Kyrie actually work? They might be going home in the second round with no way to improve their roster. Beating the Clippers is not some kind of major feat. They could've beaten them in 5 if they didn't start Game 1 looking like the worst team ever.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:

my hope is DLO opts in and we can trade dlo/rui/gabe/jhs/17 for DJM and Hunter

AD
Bron
Hunter
AR
DJM

Hopefully the Hawks goal is to create the worst defensive back court of all time so they accept this trade lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2589, 2590, 2591 ... 2652, 2653, 2654  Next
Page 2590 of 2654
Jump to: