NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 701, 702, 703 ... 737, 738, 739  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35152

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:


I don't believe there were so much smoke without a bit of fire. Pelinka probably made the inquiries about these 2. But probably Indiana want WB plus 2 FRP (probably without protection). Are we willing to do that? Probably not. Turner beeing a FA in the summer will not help either.
But somehow I wish Lakers push the trigger.


The interesting is whether Turner's play has changed the Pacers mind about trading him, and if they now will offer him a big contract to stay as part oftheir core.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 142057
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:
2019 wrote:
This team is showing signs of life. Not saying we will win the title but we're only 4 games out of 1st, have had pretty rough schedules to start, and having been dealing with a number of injuries all while being a completely new team with a 1st year HC.

I think AD is playing well enough to commit to going for it this season. Get the man some more help and balance this roster.

____, Bryant
AD, _____
LeBron, Brown Jr
Walker, _____
Reaves, Russ, Dennis

IMO that would be the ideal 11 man rotation although Russ could easily be replaced with Dennis if it could plug the other holes/open slots I left open. I mean, I can live with Russ but I could also be happy to see the plug puled.
Turner just feels like the perfect fit for AD and Ham. His shooting ability/range lets AD play inside and dominate like he has been - perhaps even more so. Having an all out defender like Mattise Thybulel would also bee a major pick up. Someone you can stick on guys like Booker when they just get it going. If Russ can land you Hield and Turner while only giving up one pick, even better although I think there are ways to drastically improve without moving Russ and paying the price teams are seeking for taking on his deal.


I agree with you and as you presented Turner and Hield could be easily that pieces. On paper Turner and Davis are a combo made in heaven. Would be probably the first time in his career when Davis would play with a stretch 5. Buddy is one of the best pure shooters. A trio of Buddy, Walker and Turner on the perimeter will clean the space for the P&R from Lebron and Davis. And you also have an acceptable bench.
Is this team a contender. Usually I say No, because we still lack wing defenders. But look at the west? Who are clear favorites. Nobody. All the teams are their flows. And don't forget: the team who avoid the injuries is the favorite to win. Suns won 2 years ago because they were the only one without injuries.

I don't believe there were so much smoke without a bit of fire. Pelinka probably made the inquiries about these 2. But probably Indiana want WB plus 2 FRP (probably without protection). Are we willing to do that? Probably not. Turner beeing a FA in the summer will not help either.
But somehow I wish Lakers push the trigger.


The Pacers are 10-6 right now and in the playoff hunt in the East. They don’t want Westbrook nor does it seem that they want to tank. Their ownership doesn’t believe in tanking. So there likely isn’t any trigger to push.
_________________
If you’ve got a dream, chase it, cause a dream won’t chase you back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 28985

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
As purely a construction of my own imagination, I've started to wonder if they may have eyes for LaVine. There's been a little trouble in paradise brewing with him and the Bulls, and he is Klutch. LA kid with the type of flash that helps sell tickets. The party you'd have to convince is obviously the Bulls, and we have maybe Russ, Christie, 2 firsts and maybe a swap to get something done in-year. Not sure that's enough.


I’ve suspected this for some time. I’d be okay with it, though I doubt that the Bulls would be interested unless it was a Davis trade.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 6966

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

The two firsts for Lavine is be a total overpay in reality. He hasn't been very efficient, and he has serious availability issues. In NBA starbanging circles though, two firsts is probably not enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1176

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
2019 wrote:
This team is showing signs of life. Not saying we will win the title but we're only 4 games out of 1st, have had pretty rough schedules to start, and having been dealing with a number of injuries all while being a completely new team with a 1st year HC.

I think AD is playing well enough to commit to going for it this season. Get the man some more help and balance this roster.

____, Bryant
AD, _____
LeBron, Brown Jr
Walker, _____
Reaves, Russ, Dennis
.


This is how i see the roster we need to fill

AD,____
James,_____
_____,_____
_____,______
______,Shro

Every other player is tradable. Not saying they have been bad, but I would keep all options open to improve. Even guys like Walker and Reeves are potentially tradable cause they prob won’t be back next year( Early bird for Austin may not be enough)
I only kept Shro cause that is clear a Ham guy and he is prob valued much greater to him and the Lakers than any other team.


Revised

AD,____
Reaves,______
_____,_____
_____,______
______,______


6'5" Reeves at PF, AD at C...with 13 new players on the team...seems like a roster Pelinka would construct.
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 49748

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
As purely a construction of my own imagination, I've started to wonder if they may have eyes for LaVine. There's been a little trouble in paradise brewing with him and the Bulls, and he is Klutch. LA kid with the type of flash that helps sell tickets. The party you'd have to convince is obviously the Bulls, and we have maybe Russ, Christie, 2 firsts and maybe a swap to get something done in-year. Not sure that's enough.


I’ve suspected this for some time. I’d be okay with it, though I doubt that the Bulls would be interested unless it was a Davis trade.


If, and it’s a big if, the Bulls are ready to cut their losses…this is probably as good as they can do. You don’t get a blue chipper back, but it’s an instant undo off the LaVine extension and you get 2 unprotected picks. LaVine isn’t my kind of player, but I could see Chicago feeling pretty good about that deal. I don’t think it would make them much worse.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9630

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 28985

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
As purely a construction of my own imagination, I've started to wonder if they may have eyes for LaVine. There's been a little trouble in paradise brewing with him and the Bulls, and he is Klutch. LA kid with the type of flash that helps sell tickets. The party you'd have to convince is obviously the Bulls, and we have maybe Russ, Christie, 2 firsts and maybe a swap to get something done in-year. Not sure that's enough.


I’ve suspected this for some time. I’d be okay with it, though I doubt that the Bulls would be interested unless it was a Davis trade.


If, and it’s a big if, the Bulls are ready to cut their losses…this is probably as good as they can do. You don’t get a blue chipper back, but it’s an instant undo off the LaVine extension and you get 2 unprotected picks. LaVine isn’t my kind of player, but I could see Chicago feeling pretty good about that deal. I don’t think it would make them much worse.


If you mean a Westbrook trade, I think they could do better than two distant picks and a huge expiring contract. I'm not a fan of LaVine, but he's an all-star in his prime.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 42012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9630

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


Turner won't be enough to turn this team around. I'd wait to see how Lebron plays when he comes back. If we still had bubble Lebron and AD with AD as number 1 and Bron as number 2, then I'd make a trade to try to improve. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste our very coveted and valuable frps.

We've won our 2020 championship with Lebron and AD playing as two of the best players in the league so at minimum, we would need to see that from this team in order for us to try to contend again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35152

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


Lavine was an all-star the last two seasons, and he's averaged 25 ppg. on good shooting the last four seasons. If the Bulls make him available, I suspect they will get some good offers. I doubt us offering 2 FRPs and expiring contracts would the best they can do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35152

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9630

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


Lavine was an all-star the last two seasons, and he's averaged 25 ppg. on good shooting the last four seasons. If the Bulls make him available, I suspect they will get some good offers. I doubt us offering 2 FRPs and expiring contracts would the best they can do.


Exactly. It's why I advocate for trading AD and blowing the team up. We have AD but we don't have the assets to build around him anymore. Holding onto him would just prolong the inevitable, which is the rebuilding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 42012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.


You don’t trust emplay?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 1073

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I still maintain adding a group of 3-4 legit roleplayers is ALOT better than adding a 3rd "star" that is going to eat up a big chunk of capspace.

I'm personally hoping the Jazz come back down to earth in the next few weeks. Adding pieces such as Vanderbilt, Beasley, 1-2 players from a 3rd team, etc is going to help round out the Lakers much better than adding another big contract, high usage player to replace big contract, high usage WB. We need more KCP tier guys. They should've learned that from the bubble ring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35152

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.


You don’t trust emplay?



I virtually never read his stuff, so I have no idea what he said on this particular topic. But, no, I don't particular "trust" his opinions or value them highly. Most of the pieces of his I have seen were just lazy rewrites of other people's material or random speculation. It often seemed he was a couple of days behind stuff that was being talked about on LG. To me, he's just another Internet blogger, filling space.

But, like I said, it's probably been months since I bothered looking at anything he's produced, so maybe he has improved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 28985

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.


You don’t trust emplay?


I hate to constantly rag on Eric, given that he's one of us. However, I haven't seen anything to indicate that he has any real insider information. Let's take this particular statement as an example:

Quote:
According to multiple sources, the Clippers have discussed targeting Myles Turner in the market.


The choice of language in reports like this is not a mere technicality. Note that he did not say "NBA sources" or the like. This may just be scuttlebutt from an agent. But then we come to the substance: He doesn't say that the Clippers ARE targeting Turner. He says that they HAVE DISCUSSED targeting Turner. Okay. The discussion might have lasted 30 seconds. He doesn't even claim that the Clippers have contacted the Pacers.

So Eric may be "trustworthy," but it's still a pretty thin report. Basically, it's glorified clickbait.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 42012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.


You don’t trust emplay?


I hate to constantly rag on Eric, given that he's one of us. However, I haven't seen anything to indicate that he has any real insider information. Let's take this particular statement as an example:

Quote:
According to multiple sources, the Clippers have discussed targeting Myles Turner in the market.


The choice of language in reports like this is not a mere technicality. Note that he did not say "NBA sources" or the like. This may just be scuttlebutt from an agent. But then we come to the substance: He doesn't say that the Clippers ARE targeting Turner. He says that they HAVE DISCUSSED targeting Turner. Okay. The discussion might have lasted 30 seconds. He doesn't even claim that the Clippers have contacted the Pacers.

So Eric may be "trustworthy," but it's still a pretty thin report. Basically, it's glorified clickbait.


Emplay is usually the 1 who shoots down rumors so if he is saying that the Clippers want Turner then it must be real.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1176

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
This team is showing signs of life. Not saying we will win the title but we're only 4 games out of 1st, have had pretty rough schedules to start, and having been dealing with a number of injuries all while being a completely new team with a 1st year HC.

I think AD is playing well enough to commit to going for it this season. Get the man some more help and balance this roster.

____, Bryant
AD, _____
LeBron, Brown Jr
Walker, _____
Reaves, Russ, Dennis

IMO that would be the ideal 11 man rotation although Russ could easily be replaced with Dennis if it could plug the other holes/open slots I left open. I mean, I can live with Russ but I could also be happy to see the plug puled.
Turner just feels like the perfect fit for AD and Ham. His shooting ability/range lets AD play inside and dominate like he has been - perhaps even more so. Having an all out defender like Mattise Thybulel would also bee a major pick up. Someone you can stick on guys like Booker when they just get it going. If Russ can land you Hield and Turner while only giving up one pick, even better although I think there are ways to drastically improve without moving Russ and paying the price teams are seeking for taking on his deal.


It seems that Reeves has earned a spot in the starting rotation...but as much as we'd like to see it, the reality seems to make more sense if the rotation has Schroeder to start at PG with WB as the back-up...we can't realistically think either Schroeder or WB would be the 3rd PG behind Reeves as starting PG so it's more likely that Reeves would be the back-up SG.

Turner, Bryant
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, Brown Jr
Walker, Reeves
Dennis, Russ

This roster does assume the trade of Bev/Nunn/FRP(2ndRP if necessary) for Turner.

Jones/JTA/Ryan/Christie
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35152

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.


You don’t trust emplay?


I hate to constantly rag on Eric, given that he's one of us. However, I haven't seen anything to indicate that he has any real insider information. Let's take this particular statement as an example:

Quote:
According to multiple sources, the Clippers have discussed targeting Myles Turner in the market.


The choice of language in reports like this is not a mere technicality. Note that he did not say "NBA sources" or the like. This may just be scuttlebutt from an agent. But then we come to the substance: He doesn't say that the Clippers ARE targeting Turner. He says that they HAVE DISCUSSED targeting Turner. Okay. The discussion might have lasted 30 seconds. He doesn't even claim that the Clippers have contacted the Pacers.

So Eric may be "trustworthy," but it's still a pretty thin report. Basically, it's glorified clickbait.


Emplay is usually the 1 who shoots down rumors so if he is saying that the Clippers want Turner then it must be real.





I looked at the Pincus column and I agree with Hunter.

It seemed like the typical lazy Pincus stuff I remember.

He started off: "According to multiple sources, the Clippers have discussed targeting Myles Turner in the market."

As Hunter noted, that's about as meaningless and vague as reporting can be.

And that was the entirety of Pincus' "reporting." After that, he just spent 700 words rehashing all the known stuff.

I don't think Pincus knows anything anyone else doesn't know. I don't think he has inside sources or inside information. He's basically just a fan furiously churning out low-paying blogs based on whatever people are saying on the Internet at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 6966

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Eric Pincus also hedges to high oblivion, even when he's not providing "intel". Have you guys ever listened to his podcast? He's an incredibly meticulous person who also provides disclaimers for just about everything he says. I wouldn't use that and that alone to diminish his intel.

I take it at face value. The Clippers have internally discussed Myles Turner. That's it. There's nothing ambiguous about it. It only starts getting questionable when you take that intel and assume the Clippers are going to land Myles Turner, are going hard after Turner, etc., all of which he went to great lengths not to say.

There are also other reasons to strongly hedge. For instance, even if Pincus was told by Jerry West himself that Turner is their #1 priority, he'd never get another scoop like that again if he then went out and blasted that and weakened the Clippers' negotiation position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35152

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Eric Pincus also hedges to high oblivion, even when he's not providing "intel". Have you guys ever listened to his podcast? He's an incredibly meticulous person who also provides disclaimers for just about everything he says. I wouldn't use that and that alone to diminish his intel.

I take it at face value. The Clippers have internally discussed Myles Turner. That's it. There's nothing ambiguous about it.



Maybe it's not ambigious. But it's so vague as to have no value in terms of understanding anything about what the Clippers think of Turner.

My guess is he "hedges" because he knows he doesn't know anything, and wants to avoid accountability.

I doubt the people who read/listen to him care. They're NBA junkies, who just want a rumor fix of the day; it doesn't matter if there is any truth to the rumor, because another rumor will replace it tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 6966

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
levon wrote:
Eric Pincus also hedges to high oblivion, even when he's not providing "intel". Have you guys ever listened to his podcast? He's an incredibly meticulous person who also provides disclaimers for just about everything he says. I wouldn't use that and that alone to diminish his intel.

I take it at face value. The Clippers have internally discussed Myles Turner. That's it. There's nothing ambiguous about it.



Maybe it's not ambigious. But it's so vague as to have no value in terms of understanding anything about what the Clippers think of Turner.

My guess is he "hedges" because he knows he doesn't know anything, and wants to avoid accountability.

I doubt the people who read/listen to him care. They're NBA junkies, who just want a rumor fix of the day; it doesn't matter if there is any truth to the rumor, because another rumor will replace it tomorrow.

I don't get this from Pincus at all. I've followed him enough to trust that he won't put anything out there unless he's double and triple checked. If anything, I'm more inclined to think that there's more to the Clippers - Turner link than less, if he's the one saying it. He's not quite Jake Fischer or Scoop Robinson to me.

My guess is he's hedging because things change day to day across the league. In this hypothetical, the Clippers might have soured on Turner by the time this rumor even got printed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jun 2019
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Balto wrote:
Question...We need shooting!

What would it cost to trade for Kyrie, Curry and Joe Harris from the Nets?

Reports are they want to trade Kyrie AND get out from under Harris's contract.

Would WB+PBev+Nunn+1 1st be enough to get all three?

Thoughts? This would greatly improve our overall shooting. Shooting is exactly why we lost last night!



I have no idea what the Nets will do. I have doubts whether the Lakers would take either Irving or Harris at this point.

The only thing I am pretty sure of is that the Nets won't simply toss Curry into a deal for nothing.


Thats why I suggested to also add in one of our first round picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1176

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.


As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.


Turner won't be enough to turn this team around. I'd wait to see how Lebron plays when he comes back. If we still had bubble Lebron and AD with AD as number 1 and Bron as number 2, then I'd make a trade to try to improve. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste our very coveted and valuable frps.

We've won our 2020 championship with Lebron and AD playing as two of the best players in the league so at minimum, we would need to see that from this team in order for us to try to contend again.


Nah...I disagree. It's cool if you think otherwise but imo if the role players are a certain level better than 2020 then LeBron/AD could be a little less imposing and still win a championship if the better role players make up for the drop off.

The title team really just had AD/LBJ and a bunch of plug and play role players easily replaced as long as you get players that fit. That team had no one that could compare to Turner and he aint really all that himself but looks as if he would be a really good fit.

Schroeder/WB should be able to out perform Rondo/Caruso at PG, same with Walker/Reeves at SG compared to KCP/THT. The problems start after that though as there isn't anyone on this team in a Green/Kuzma/Morris role but Turner makes up for two of them...still...the current team probably needs another SF/PF type to make up for the regression of AD/LBJ.

Charlotte may not agree but I'd like:
WB/FRP/2ndRP for Rozier/Hayward/McDaniel then...
From Indiana:
Bev/Nunn/FRP for Turner.

If the Lakers pull off the trades above then they compete for a championship with this 10 man rotation:

Turner/Bryant
AD/McDaniel
LBJ/Reeves (Hayward spends more time here)
Hayward/Walker (Reeves spends more time here)
Rozier/Schroeder

Jones/Gabriel/JTA/BrownJR/Christie
(Ryan, Swider, or Pippen would have to be released)
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 701, 702, 703 ... 737, 738, 739  Next
Page 702 of 739
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB