NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LeBron all in… Pelinka gotta have a deal in the pocket… #18!!!

Maybe something crazy, is dame $ tradable now?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Nets better get moving with Kyrie.

LeGM just killed any leverage left. With this extension, Kyrie can just come through FA 2023 if he really wanted to come.

we won't have much cap space to offer him, will he take a big pay cut?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:
This is what Rob told Bron in the meeting:

In a recent meeting between Rob Pelinka, Darvin Ham, LeBron James, and his agent, the powerful Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, Pelinka reportedly promised LeBron that he'll do everything in his power to ensure that the Lakers are perennial contenders according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.

He’ll do everything in his power to ensure that they’re contenders. That obviously means Russ is gone. There’s no other way to slice it. I’m sticking to that. Anyone in their right mind knows this team does not contend with Russ.

I understand the frustration, but you're grasping at straws. Getting rid of Westbrook -- by itself -- does not make us a contender. In fact, Pelinka's statement is really pretty vanilla. What did you think he was going to say? "We don't really care about contending. We're just smoking weed and having a laugh."

Sorry Hunter I disagree with you 100%. Kyrie makes us a contender, Turner / Hield makes us a contender. I’m not frustrated….I’m taking Rob for his word. Trading Russ even to Utah for Bogs, JC and Beverly IMO makes us a threat. All these deals and maybe more. Standing pat is an assurance we don’t contend. Don’t over think this. The saying “keep it simple stupid” applies here. Russ on this team has no chance…..the trades that have been proposed do. If u don’t agree fine. But even you have to admit we have no shot with Russ. That’s a fact.

You missed the point. Getting rid of Westbrook does not, by itself, make us a contender. You're assuming that we can make a trade that brings back players who will make us a contender. That's possible, but it assumes that any of those trades are really available. We have no control over that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Nets better get moving with Kyrie.

LeGM just killed any leverage left. With this extension, Kyrie can just come through FA 2023 if he really wanted to come.

we won't have much cap space to offer him, will he take a big pay cut?

I’m taking a guess here but I believe bird rights would still be in play? Let’s see if Kyrie *really* wants to be in LA. Then we can pay him when LeGramps is off the books.

I wouldn’t pay Kyrie long term but just laying out the potential scenario lol.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Bronny James can become eligible for the 2024 Draft, the same year Lebron can now opt out and become UFA.

At this point, Bronny doesn't look like an NBA prospect who is worthy of being drafted.

I doubt a team is going to spend a second-round pick on him with the hopes that Lebron opts out and signs with them as a reduced rate.

More likely, Bronny's agent would ask teams not to draft him, and they'll respect that, because based on talent he's not worth a second round pick.

And then Bronny may sign onto whatever team his dad is on, similar to how we signed Giannis' brother.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:
LeBron all in… Pelinka gotta have a deal in the pocket… #18!!!

Maybe something crazy, is dame $ tradable now?

Portland has seemingly made moves this offseason to try to get better, so their actions don't indicate a team that's blowing it up. So I expect him to stay, at least at the start of the season. If they are playing terrible? Who knows, maybe they could reverse course and perhaps Lillard would want out. But I don't see that right now.

Switching subjects, Utah has no ESPN/ABC games this year, which is interesting. Seems like the league could have a reasonable expectation that their roster will undergo further changes before the season kicks off. The only other 3 teams that don't have an ESPN/ABC game are OKC, Detroit, and Orlando.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:
Bronny James can become eligible for the 2024 Draft, the same year Lebron can now opt out and become UFA.

At this point, Bronny doesn't look like an NBA prospect who is worthy of being drafted.

I doubt a team is going to spend a second-round pick on him with the hopes that Lebron opts out and signs with them as a reduced rate.

More likely, Bronny's agent would ask teams not to draft him, and they'll respect that, because based on talent he's not worth a second round pick.

And then Bronny may sign onto whatever team his dad is on, similar to how we signed Giannis' brother.

but Jeanie will spend a 2nd round pick on him if needed, maybe she can just buy one.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
everyone projecting their assumptions like they know everything thats happening in the inside

Agree. There's quite a bit of unofficial moderating in here and those injecting their own opinions after chiding others for forming their own. Although I'm sure I'm sometimes guilty of that.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:

but Jeanie will spend a 2nd round pick on him if needed, maybe she can just buy one.

Lebron will give her the cash to buy that 2nd.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:

A lot can happen to his stock, good or bad, in 2 years. Some guys who aren’t even recruited become lottery picks. Some top recruits flake out. I am confident though that he will be on an NBA team in some capacity because of the circumstances.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

Honestly it sounds like Bronny either won't be NBA material OR maybe be a bench guy. If its his dream then YES go after it but if Lebron gets his team in Vegas I'd think Bronny would become an exec type for the franchise.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

Regarding Bronny, I feel like most teams would use a pick to sign LeBron James for the minimum. This is a no-brainer for a contender or borderline contender, for instance, who probably has just a late pick anyway. The only teams it wouldn't make sense for are strictly rebuilding teams.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

It's a move that I don't know if I really wanted to happen. I think we should have kept the extension off the table until FA. We needed to give it a year and see how it goes.

But maybe this extension was needed in order to give the Lakers the comfort zone to deal the 2 FRPs to make a "big" move. We'll know soon enough.

Either way. I'm not excited one bit. This is the least exciting "big" move we've made in the last few years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It's a move that I don't know if I really wanted to happen. I think we should have kept the extension off the table until FA. We needed to give it a year and see how it goes.

But maybe this extension was needed in order to give the Lakers the comfort zone to deal the 2 FRPs to make a "big" move. We'll know soon enough.

Either way. I'm not excited one bit. This is the least exciting "big" move we've made in the last few years.

At the very least, I'm excited to watch Lebron play on the Lakers the next few years. I really enjoy old-man Lebron's game. I don't have delusions of contending next year, but for me it's a treat to watch Laker games and hopefully see Lebron and AD live at least once again. I hope we're better than last year, but even last year Lebron put up amazing performances. 56 against the Warriors comes to mind.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:

Bronny's class ranking has fluctuated between 30th and 60th. Anything else is entirely speculative.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/esidery/status/1559978874116591617
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If not for Westbrook’s idiotic anti slander towards the Lakers I would have said that the chances of the current group coming back is very high but now I give it a very good chance that Westbrook is gonna get traded very soon.

It's not like we haven't been trying to trade him. The problem is nobody's willing to take him without taking back generous compensations. Saying you're expecting Brick to be traded soon means the Lakers are actually willing to give up more than necessary to get rid of him. If they're so disgusted with him, they could always buy him out instead of getting fleeced again.

I think we all know that the Lakers are waiting for the KD domino to fall before really turning there attention to either Irving or plan B.

There’s a good chance that the KD domino has fallen
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

Now we know why LeBron signed the extension

https://mobile.twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1559982103172943872
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The #Nets - following Kevin Durant's trade request - have seen their nationally-televised games on ABC, ESPN and TNT - slashed in half from last season, from 26 down to 13. They go from five ABC tilts down to just one. #NBA
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/esidery/status/1559978874116591617

If not this...then plan B, C or D.....IMO the reports that the Lakers feel they can move Russ are accurate. Bron tweeted his frustration not being in the playoffs last year while the playoffs were happening....Keeping Russ is an assurance they miss the play-offs again or just manage a play in scenario. Not what he signed up for.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:

Bronny's class ranking has fluctuated between 30th and 60th. Anything else is entirely speculative.

Well, yes, his rank among high school basketball players has fluctuated between 30-60th. But the 30-60th best high school player in the country isn’t generally considered an NBA draft prospect.

If Bronny wasn't Lebron's son, no one would be talking about him as an NBA prospect right now.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

In all my years as a Lakers fan I've never wanted the Buss family to sell.

The Lakers are so mismanaged I've gotten to that point.

They have not a (bleep) clue what they are doing, and they show it day after day after day by making horrible decision after horrible decision.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

They have not a (bleep) clue what they are doing, and they show it day after day after day by making horrible decision after horrible decision.

I'll bite. How is extending a top 10 player in the league, one who posted the same impact numbers on about the same number of games played last year as KD, a horrible decision?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

lol, expectations and reality are 2 different things.

this is the same owner who gave max to kobe after he tore his Achilles. you think she is not going to do same for a full healthy guy who averaged what 30points last year?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

comedy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 181 of 2558
Jump to: