Kobe Bryant Helicopter Crash Photos ***TRIAL*** Vanessa Donates to Foundation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject:

I know now where the hate is coming from

You still mad about R v Wade?

I stopped going to the political thread now you following me here?

I hope you get enlightened one of these days.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:45 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Good for Vanessa, she fought for what was right and won in Kobe and GiGi's honor.

Disgusting unprofessional behavior by the "authorities" involved here, have some class for crissakes.

Amen. The behavior here was truly despicable and I'm very happy that the jury did what it did, not only for Vanessa but for Mr. Chester as well. I get it that photos have to be taken for investigative purposes, but absolutely no one other than, you know, investigators should see those photos. The fact that these dudes just showed these pics to random people is beyond disgusting, and that's a legit reason for a spouse and a mother (or father) of the victims to suffer severe emotional distress. I'd be messed up if I knew pics of my husband or my child (if I had one) were just shown to some randos in a bar or even to other people in law enforcement who had nothing to do with investigating the case. And to think that the pics were taken and then shown essentially for sport.

As my lawyer friend said, without lawsuits like this, this type of behavior would just continue to go unchecked. And his job mostly consists of defending companies against lawsuits. This "death books" stuff has to stop.
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

The money is most likely coming from some government account funded by tax money, money that will have to be replaced by more tax money...

Exactly. I.e. John Q Taxpayer will be coughing up the settlement. That or the PD or another Govt program budget will be trimmed. Losses all around
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

The money is most likely coming from some government account funded by tax money, money that will have to be replaced by more tax money...

Exactly. I.e. John Q Taxpayer will be coughing up the settlement. That or the PD or another Govt program budget will be trimmed. Losses all around

It was reported, LA Taxpayers
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

A simple search would yield a lot of officers getting sacked or worse jailed for sharing case photographs online.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

all right let's never sue the government/police for any wrongdoing
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
derek94 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

sue them and make them face harsher penalties
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
derek94 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

sue them and make them face harsher penalties

Get rid of Qualified Immunity and the cops themselves would be on the hook instead of the taxpayers.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
derek94 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

This. So much, this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: