Season ticket waitlist?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Season ticket waitlist?

I’m looking to put a deposit down the next time I’m in LA. I plan to take a job in east coast though for a few years….I’m assuming that’s ok since the waitlist will be 3-5 years? Is that a fair estimate? Thx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject:

It'll take more than 5. If by chance it doesn't, you can keep delaying choosing your seats. I had been on for like 8 years and just got chosen to come to the event to choose seats but only available were in the 300's so I'm wait 1 more year while hoping I can do better next year.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

It's a pretty non-committal thing. I've been on the list since 2018. Last update I got there were about 4,000 people ahead of me in line. The deposit is something like $50/seat, it's refundable, and if you get to the front of the queue and decide you don't want the seats you can just stay in line.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Was a 8 year wait and we finally got off during the down Kobe years. Then o left town and my buddy took complete ownership.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject:

In December 2017 I was number 3,500 in line. In 2022, I'm number 2500 in line. At this rate it would be another 10 years for me. Making it 15 years total. I think it will speed up at the end but I don't know.

They used to have a policy that if it was your turn and you were not ready, you would basically maintain your place at the front of the line the following season. They told me they were thinking about changing this policy years ago, but I don't know if they have done it yet.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject:

Last time I heard it was around 13 to 15 years of waiting
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

You will be waiting a while, so no harm in putting your name in now.

The Lakers get like 90% renewal on season seats in the "down" years. Call it loyalty, call it faith, call it people not wanting to wait years to get back in, whatever you call it...it will still take a long time to move up the queue even when the team is not doing well. When the team has high expectations, the renewal rates jump up to like 98%+!

I first put in for the queue during the 07-08 season and of course we all know what happened that season and the years following it. So it took quite a while for me to move up the queue. I finally got in during the 14-15 season after the team won 27 games the season prior.

Maybe the waitlist is longer now than it was when I had to go through it, but I think it's probably safe to say you're looking at a minimum of 8-10 years before your number is called.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject:

i was on the waitlist 8 years too. I got in 6 years ago during the down years. I started in the 200 section though. then in the lower bowl after 2-3 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: