Official 2023 Championship celebration thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:06 am    Post subject: Official 2023 Championship celebration thread

You heard it here first. Lakers are going to surprise a ton of people this year.

Westbrook will remain on the team and have a bounce back season to shut up his haters. He will punish teams for leaving him waive open on 3’s, will shoot 35% from 3 and >40% on wide open 3s.

Pelinka will be praised in the next offseason for remaining patient and not giving up the farm to rid ourselves of WB’s contract.

LeBron will likely have some minor injury during the season, but will be healthy by the playoff time to play at an all start level, albeit not as good as his 2020 performance. Probably some noticeable decline in beating opponents off the dribble and missing shots at the rim, but will still create looks for other guys and control the pace

AD will not have an MVP season that everyone here craves, but will be consistently delivering all star level performance on O and D. The important thing is that he will play most of the season and remain healthy during the playoffs.

I think with the current roster and some minor moves at the deadline, the lakers will get a top 3 seed and win the finals with relative ease
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject:

This should be moved to the general bball discussion thread, because the 2023 championship ain't Laker related
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject:

The delusion is so real.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject:

Hell nobody thought the 1995 Rockets were sniffing the title, until they did so who knows??????

Would be the most memorable, funny, and unexpected championship thats for sure.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

How could Pelinka be praised if he wanted to get rid of Westbrick but Westbrick would turn out like a star as you've described? Praised for being lucky again?

Well, Rams are looking good and so are the Dodgers so LA could see some championship celebrations in 2023 again. If the Rams, Dodgers and Clippers all won championships, does that still count as an LA trifecta?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject:

Living up to the username and trying to speak it into existence I see…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Hell nobody thought the 1995 Rockets were sniffing the title, until they did so who knows??????

The '95 Rockets were defending champions. They were the second favorite in the preseason, behind the Suns. If you really meant the '94 Rockets, they were tied for fifth favorite in the preseason.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

The '95 Rockets were defending champions. They were the second favorite in the preseason, behind the Suns. If you really meant the '94 Rockets, they were tied for fifth favorite in the preseason.

Anyone remembering that season knows the Rockets were underperforming and seemingly drawing dead by the time postseason rolled around with team chemistry made even worse after the Drexler trade as only Hakeem was happy with the trade. Maxwell mutineed, forced to start Chucky Brown at Power Forward or force Horry into that position......this team even lost to the Lakers all 5 times they met in the regular season. A Laker team with Van Exel and Ceballos as its best players.

No one outside Houston and probably a ton of people within Houston expected the Rockets to beat the Jazz in the first round or Phoenix in the second round. It was after the Suns series and the Elie Kiss of Death that people got back on the Rockets bandwagon and even then the Spurs and then the Magic were the clear favorites.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Anyone remembering that season knows the Rockets were underperforming and seemingly drawing dead by the time postseason rolled around with team chemistry made even worse after the Drexler trade as only Hakeem was happy with the trade. Maxwell mutineed, forced to start Chucky Brown at Power Forward or force Horry into that position......this team even lost to the Lakers all 5 times they met in the regular season. A Laker team with Van Exel and Ceballos as its best players.

No one outside Houston and probably a ton of people within Houston expected the Rockets to beat the Jazz in the first round or Phoenix in the second round. It was after the Suns series and the Elie Kiss of Death that people got back on the Rockets bandwagon and even then the Spurs and then the Magic were the clear favorites.

If you're going to draw an analogy to the current Lakers, we're in the preseason.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

If you're going to draw an analogy to the current Lakers, we're in the preseason.

Point is I had to go back that far to think of a time where I saw a champion that would be as unexpected as this one if the Lakers were to win. Those Rockets were drawing dead heading into the postseason and somehow flipped a magical switch. These Lakers at least have time to get their act straight.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

I can see us do very well this year in what could be AD/Bron's last "superstar" level year. They both stay healthy (they are due a healthy season) play 70sh games. The younger role players and Beverly + Ham infect our defensive intensity and energy.

So from 33 I can see us get to close to 50 or there and lock a playoff seed. But when I think of match ups, I see Bev/WB being exposed, and if we don't get a big wing, and play AD/Bron at the 4/3, that will be exposed as well. Bron is not best at the 3 anymore, either.

In the end, the best case scenario I see for us is 2nd round. And this FO would pat themselves on the back for that, and head into FA trying to sign the best FA possible with the 30-40M they have, showcasing the opportunity to win a ring with AD/Bron.

As much more enjoyable that would be, I still feel we should move AD/Bron and be doing what Ainge did in Utah. If we can stockpile longterm assets, and capspace we're in a better spot a year and 2 years from now. The upside of this team is 2nd round/WCF, but the downside is play in/lotto. When that's your range, and Bron/WB/AD being the ages they are, Bev your 4th best player at age 34, you need to be heading towards a re-build sooner than later.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I can see us do very well this year in what could be AD/Bron's last "superstar" level year. They both stay healthy (they are due a healthy season) play 70sh games. The younger role players and Beverly + Ham infect our defensive intensity and energy.

So from 33 I can see us get to close to 50 or there and lock a playoff seed. But when I think of match ups, I see Bev/WB being exposed, and if we don't get a big wing, and play AD/Bron at the 4/3, that will be exposed as well. Bron is not best at the 3 anymore, either.

In the end, the best case scenario I see for us is 2nd round. And this FO would pat themselves on the back for that, and head into FA trying to sign the best FA possible with the 30-40M they have, showcasing the opportunity to win a ring with AD/Bron.

Getting beaten by a young team on the rise with youthful legs that we couldnt keep up with anymore and beat us convincingly in the 2nd round after a struggle in the first round....reminds me of the 2012 Lakers to a tee.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

If this thread ends up being true, so many people are going to have eat crow. Probably would make crows extinct.

But what the hell.. I will join the taught of the Lakers being champions even if it seems delusional.

Go Lakers!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Point is I had to go back that far to think of a time where I saw a champion that would be as unexpected as this one if the Lakers were to win. Those Rockets were drawing dead heading into the postseason and somehow flipped a magical switch. These Lakers at least have time to get their act straight.

I don't know about that. I'd say the '11 Mavs, the '19 Raptors, the '04 Pistons. The '95 Rockets were still the defending champions.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

I don't know about that. I'd say the '11 Mavs, the '19 Raptors, the '04 Pistons. The '95 Rockets were still the defending champions.

Thats actually a great point. The 11 Mavs and 19 Raptors were both unexpected. The 04 Pistons I actually knew had a great shot once they traded for R. Wallace. That loss to the 11 Mavs was one of the most unexpected series results I ever saw as despite the same record, we seemingly held all the advantages going into that series (right up there with 94 Seattle-Denver and 07 Detroit-Cleveland) and unlike the 19 Raptors-Warriors series, it had nothing to do with injuries.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject:

What the front office wants all of us to believe as they hope for some Hail Mary trade during the season.

Last edited by hydrohead on Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject:

Dude knock it off. Just be happy the Dodgers and Rams have a shot. Lakers are unwatchable.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I mean...

There's a African proverb "hope does not kill", so why not hope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#GoLakers

Last edited by TDRock on Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject:

Westbrook Finals MVP tambien
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject:

As of the morning of September 6th, 2022

Lol
#18 next...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

I'm ready!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Thats actually a great point. The 11 Mavs and 19 Raptors were both unexpected. The 04 Pistons I actually knew had a great shot once they traded for R. Wallace. That loss to the 11 Mavs was one of the most unexpected series results I ever saw as despite the same record, we seemingly held all the advantages going into that series (right up there with 94 Seattle-Denver and 07 Detroit-Cleveland) and unlike the 19 Raptors-Warriors series, it had nothing to do with injuries.

In '11 Mavs series, the team did an awful job closing a couple of those games in the final minutes. They didn't even try in game 4 and ended up with one of the worst displays of sportsmanship.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject:

hopping on dis bandwagon NOW!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject:

Big Baller Brand is back!

Maybe Lavar knows of a trade with Charlotte to acquire LaMelo
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official 2023 Championship celebration thread

BigBallerBrand wrote:
and win the finals with relative ease

Was trying to stay with ya until I got here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: