QFTOS: Laker haters vs. our playoff success

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:13 pm    Post subject: QFTOS: Laker haters vs. our playoff success

I'm sure there'll be some juicy quotes from our defeated opponents to go up in other threads, but this one focuses on our traditional enemies reacting to us in the 2023 post season:

~~~~~

Septic Celtics:

Quote:
i hate the lakers so much that i'd be a fan of the devil before them again.

Quote:
Danny Ainge really helped the Lakers with his stupid trade.

Quote:
The grizzlies are the worst 2 seed of all time.

Quote:
maybe the most abysmal offensive performance from the grizzlies i've ever seen. only two players had more points than FGA and one of them was JJJ on 3-12 shooting. insane.

Quote:
I wish the NBA wasn’t so shameless when rigging games. We do NOT want to face the Lakers folks

Quote:
Hopefully the kings beat the warriors in game 7 then knock out the Lakers. I don't want to see the warriors in finals because they are a bad matchup for us and the Lakers because i want them to be in poverty until the end of time

Quote:
The Celtics need to avenge that 2010 Game 7 loss.

~~~~~

Inglewood Clippers:

Quote:
It is awful that Kawhi and PG keep getting injured, but they are 2 of the best, if not the 2 best players to ever play for the Clippers. They aren't that old either. Look at Anthony Davis- people were saying he was so injury prone that he was done being an impact player in the league, yet look at how he is playing now.

Quote:
I like Lebron. I wish he could win and somehow lakers lose.

Quote:
LAL fans have delusions of adequacy. The reason is Lebron James and a media bias. He sucks all of the air out of the league. Look on MSN on your computer. Leonard could walk on water and fart fire and LBJ's hangnail gets ten articles KL might get one and that is because he's a fire hazard.

Quote:
Lebron is promoting the Lakers again and again. When have you seen PG13 or KL promoting the Clips like LBJ? Never. Our spokesman is Westbrook. Who got the most applause? It wasn't KL

Quote:
Please don't let the Lakers make it to the finals... Ever again. Not even to get swept. Let them get swept in the second round in embarrassing fashion, just like their putrid fans deserve

~~~~~

Sacramento Queens:

Quote:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but regardless of who wins Sunday, I'm hoping the crowd chants "BEAT L A"! Because the Lakers losing is the next best thing.

Quote:
Mooooo!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Laker haters vs. our playoff success

Quote:
I wish the NBA wasn’t so shameless when rigging games. We do NOT want to face the Lakers folks

Do the Celtics and their fans really not want to face us in the NBA Finals? Are we really that much better than the Celtics?

Hopefully we get there and beat down the Celtics and make their fans cry for eternity.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It is awful that Kawhi and PG keep getting injured, but they are 2 of the best, if not the 2 best players to ever play for the Clippers. They aren't that old either. Look at Anthony Davis- people were saying he was so injury prone that he was done being an impact player in the league, yet look at how he is playing now.

hot take but I kinda agree with this fan. But, AD's availability issues were always overstated relative to Kawhi and PG's. But still, hey you never know. 2024 MIGHT be the Clippers' year. I mean, probably not, but maybe
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Laker haters vs. our playoff success

^^^ The media never calls out the Clippers in the same way they love to kick the Lakers when we're down. Oh well.

slavavov wrote:
Quote:

Do the Celtics and their fans really not want to face us in the NBA Finals? Are we really that much better than the Celtics?

Hopefully we get there and beat down the Celtics and make their fans cry for eternity.

Yes, because their tears are delicious. The funny thing is, he doesn't seem to mind if the NBA is "so shameless when rigging games" to get the Celtics to the Finals.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:59 am    Post subject:

The rigging games comment after a 40-point blowout. Come on, dude.

The X’s and O’s battle in this game was so lopsided, just such a casual fan take. The better/healthier team won the series…that should have seemed pretty obvious. No grand conspiracy here, bro.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Laker haters vs. our playoff success

joeblow wrote:
^^^ The media never calls out the Clippers in the same way they love to kick the Lakers when we're down. Oh well.

slavavov wrote:
Quote:

Yes, because their tears are delicious. The funny thing is, he doesn't seem to mind if the NBA is "so shameless when rigging games" to get the Celtics to the Finals.

To be fair, picking on the Clippers is like bullying the kid who wears the pinwheel hat—just not right, he can’t help that he’s different.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:

How do you rig a 40 point beatdown?
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

^^^ While never a "fan", I used to not have any problems with the Clippers and casually rooted for their success like I still do for the Angels despite being a huge Dodger follower. I even would go to their games in Anaheim to cheaply watch top players from other teams when they came to town.

That changed when they moved into Staples with the Lakers for the 2000 season. Get your own house! Balmer then took over the team and made it worse. He and his minions running the Clippers were intentionally antagonistic against the Lakers and their legacy, so I was completely done with them.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
^^^ While never a "fan", I used to not have any problems with the Clippers and casually rooted for their success like I still do for the Angels despite being a huge Dodger follower. I even would go to their games in Anaheim to cheaply watch top players from other teams when they came to town.

Pretty much my feelings. I used to watch them back on KCAL in the old Odom, Myles, Manning, Mark Jackson days if the game was on TV. Went to a game or two when we'd get comped tickets. But they became a lot less likable after Doc Rivers, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan era. They had too much of a chip on their shoulder about being the step-franchise in Los Angeles.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

I rooted for them to beat the Suns in '06 and get revenge for LA. Funny how different the optics would be if that happened now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: