Lakers 2022-23 Lineup talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron on both him and AD finishing with double-digit rebounds: "The only way that we can gain trust (from) the coaching staff that we can play smaller and faster is that we rebound. ... That is our job. Our job is to clean glass if we play small at times."

Crap. I guess they do want to play small.
Lebron I'm not a fan of you guys having to battle for rebounds.

AD just said in his interview he wants to play the 4 and coach knows where he stands on that but if playing the 5 is best for the team, he'll do it.

I don't think AD wants to play the 5 at all but he's come to terms with it.

That's not going to sit well... Specially if Ham continue to ignore his stars... I understand his in a bind having 4 very serviceable PG in the line-up... But at some point he will have to make a choice and sit 1-2 of them if they can't be moved. 3 PG's is manageable... 4 is just too much, which showed tonight because he was forced to play unbalance rotation. Even had Matt Ryan at 4 spot at one point.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron on both him and AD finishing with double-digit rebounds: "The only way that we can gain trust (from) the coaching staff that we can play smaller and faster is that we rebound. ... That is our job. Our job is to clean glass if we play small at times."

AD just said in his interview he wants to play the 4 and coach knows where he stands on that but if playing the 5 is best for the team, he'll do it.

Definitely.
He's said that in the past.
I think the Pacers will actually lessen their demands on Myles and the Lakers get him for TB and a player they swing in a WB deal. And AD plays the 4. Wishful thinking haha
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
2019 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

That's not going to sit well... Specially if Ham continue to ignore his stars... I understand his in a bind having 4 very serviceable PG in the line-up... But at some point he will have to make a choice and sit 1-2 of them if they can't be moved. 3 PG's is manageable... 4 is just too much, which showed tonight because he was force to play unbalance rotation. Even had Matt Ryan at 4 spot at one point.

Ham has to put the players on the floor that give the team the best chance of success. He doesn’t want to play AD at the 5 but might be forced to because T Bryant and Jones suck
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

This is the obvious, but I’m gonna say it anyway. Teams can play small, if those small guards are going to make you pay. Teams can play big, if they dominate the glass. Right now the lakers have a ton of undersized players who honestly aren’t good defensively or at spacing the floor. The “bigs” are not so big, can’t body in the post at all. The team is missing exactly what all fans knew they were, wings that can defend and not be a liability offensively. Unfortunately those guys are not easy to come by. I’m not sure what the answer is, but we can’t keep all these guards. Not only does it put the team at a liability defensively, but also hurts the players themselves.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
This is the obvious, but I’m gonna say it anyway. Teams can play small, if those small guards are going to make you pay. Teams can play big, if they dominate the glass. Right now the lakers have a ton of undersized players who honestly aren’t good defensively or at spacing the floor. The “bigs” are not so big, can’t body in the post at all. The team is missing exactly what all fans knew they were, wings that can defend and not be a liability offensively. Unfortunately those guys are not easy to come by. I’m not sure what the answer is, but we can’t keep all these guards. Not only does it put the team at a liability defensively, but also hurts the players themselves.

Outside of injuries, this is my biggest concern. We ran line ups with four guys at 6'6" or less today against Minny without Gobert and KAT, and we were mauled by their offense giving up 30+ in three of the four quarters.

We need to be deeper in size and defensive athleticism. Less guards and more (true) forwards, please!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Austin Reaves should be our starting point guard.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Rob's imcompeteence has forced him into backup SF
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:34 am    Post subject:

That 4 guard lineup
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
That 4 guard lineup

let's see how we do against Clippers 4 wings lineup
Kawhi 6'7"
PG 6'8"
Covington 6'7"
Batum 6'8"
Morris 6'8"
Coffey 6'7"
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I endorse

Reaves
Nunn
Legramps
Davis
Bryant

Reaves, Nunn and Bryant can all give us some shooting, some defense and some youthful energy.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
MJST wrote:

I endorse

Reaves
Nunn
Legramps
Davis
Bryant

Reaves, Nunn and Bryant can all give us some shooting, some defense and some youthful energy.

THIS!!!!
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject:

It wasn't just 4 guards. It was 4 small guards. There literally are no wings on this roster. Rob got an extension for this crap. You don't sign Dennis unless you are moving Russ if not Russ + a guard. They are again setup for Lebron playing 35+ mpg. Baffling at best, completely absurd at its worst.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
defense wrote:
MJST wrote:

I endorse

Reaves
Nunn
Legramps
Davis
Bryant

THIS!!!!

It's more of a "that" to me.
Thomas Bryant hasn't impressed much, and his defense is so suspect.
Nunn's shot has been inconsistent so far. We'll have to see how it holds up in the regular season.

Patty
IV
HBKobe
Bronny
AD

This might be the most ideal lineup for me at this time.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
danzag wrote:
That 4 guard lineup

let's see how we do against Clippers 4 wings lineup
Kawhi 6'7"
PG 6'8"
Covington 6'7"
Batum 6'8"
Morris 6'8"
Coffey 6'7"

we will just have to pray that they miss
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
defense wrote:
MJST wrote:

I endorse

Reaves
Nunn
Legramps
Davis
Bryant

THIS!!!!

It's more of a "that" to me.
Thomas Bryant hasn't impressed much, and his defense is so suspect.
Nunn's shot has been inconsistent so far. We'll have to see how it holds up in the regular season.

Patty
IV
HBKobe
Bronny
AD

This might be the most ideal lineup for me at this time.

He has actually shot well in 3 of the 4 games he has played. Last night, he had a stinker.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

All that offensive system we showed the past 3 games disappeared when Westbrook and Bron came back. Bron I get because he breaks any system and always wants to do his own thing instead of what the coach wants, but at least he gives us 20-25 points and some production.

Russ on the other hand breaks the system and gave us nothing in return.

There's a reason our offense finally looked smooth again once Reaves was the ball handler and point guard and why we looked exactly the same as last year whenever Westbrook was tasked with it.

Westbrook can't blame Frank Vogel for this.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
All that offensive system we showed the past 3 games disappeared when Westbrook and Bron came back. Bron I get because he breaks any system and always wants to do his own thing instead of what the coach wants, but at least he gives us 20-25 points and some production.

Russ on the other hand breaks the system and gave us nothing in return.

There's a reason our offense finally looked smooth again once Reaves was the ball handler and point guard and why we looked exactly the same as last year whenever Westbrook was tasked with it.

Westbrook can't blame Frank Vogel for this.

Westbrook can't blame anyone but himself
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

with or without Russ, who is going to guard guys like Kawhi, Pg13, Middleton, Jaylen Brown, Tatum, etc?? no more Stanley...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
with or without Russ, who is going to guard guys like Kawhi, Pg13, Middleton, Jaylen Brown, Tatum, etc?? no more Stanley...

Rob: Patrick 3&D Beverly
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

Lmao we keep getting these coaches with 0 idea of what positionless basketball is.

Vogel and Ham think it mights have 4 guards out there.

Do it right.

PG.Curry
SG.Klay DPOY candidate
SF.Iggy DPOY
PF.Barnes 6"9 beast on defense
C.Draymond DPOY

Is not the same as

PG.Dennis
SG.Nunn
SF.Brick
PF.Walker
C.Davis

Everyone except your PG needs to be 6"7+ to be able to switch everything and play D

We did it once, it worked and we abandoned it.

PG.KCP
SG.Green
SF.LeBron
PF.Morris/Kuz
C.Davis

Is what won us the chip
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

PG.KCP
SG.Green
SF.LeBron
PF.Morris/Kuz
C.Davis

Is what won us the chip

That lineup would get destroyed the next season, last season, and this season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

Reaves starts over Westbrook at the point.
Westbrook plays 6th man for however long Lonnie Walker is out, and then continues being the 6th man going forward.

It's on Westbrook he didn't play the other pre-season games to get some additional reps in and now we have ONE game before the real season begins. I'm not expecting Westbrook to "get it" by then, and I'm not waiting till the second half of the season for him to "get it" either.

Reward the guys actually here and shown capable of playing and excelling in that system.

Start Reaves, make Westbrook a 6th man, if he has a problem with it, tell him to learn the offense and prove he can run it with the second unit and then he'll get some burn with the first occasionally. If he still has an issue with it, then he can pout while being the 6th man all year and then leave in the off-season to sign a vets min somewhere or a 10M a year deal from a team going nowhere that will make the playoffs and lose in the first round to a star rookie, like every other team lead by him.

Anyway, Westbrook isn't gonna "get it" till he's actually demoted and even then he won't "get it". But reward guys that deserve it and show there's no favoritism so the rest of the team can have that moral. Because if Westbrook gets benched it sends a message. PARTICULARLY if the team starts winning with Westbrook on the bench and Reaves starting.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

PG.KCP
SG.Green
SF.LeBron
PF.Morris/Kuz
C.Davis

Is what won us the chip

I dont believe that lineup existed after the championship season.
Anyway, I was in favor of the next iteration of the lineup. Covid and injuries messed us up against the Suns in the playoffs.

The 3rd iteration was the horrible Russ experiment.

This 4th iteration worries me. It's better than last season's group. But by how much.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

PG.KCP
SG.Green
SF.LeBron
PF.Morris/Kuz
C.Davis

Is what won us the chip

It’s why I don’t actually blame Rob from going away from that team after the title. Long term, it was gonna fall apart pretty quickly. It was truly a one year wonder roster.

His mistake(s) however, was going away from the philosophy of being a BIG team that can also function as small ball depending on matchups.

We traded Danny Green, and a first round pick that would have landed us Desmond Bane (Rob’s biggest mistake, yes even bigger than the Westbrook trade because of that pick included) for a small point guard.

We let go of McGee and Howard, and brought in Harrell, an undersized PF, let alone center who wasn’t a good defender.

And any of the big players we did bring back, were either terrible, or old shells (Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, etc).

Then we get EVEN SMALLER by getting rid of Harrell, KCP and Kuzma (our only wing player left besides Lebron obviously), for a point guard in with Westbrook. And we know how that went.

All of these moves, while it was a good idea to move on from the previous players, we had no intention of replacing them with upgraded versions of them. We didn’t replace Kuzma with another wing like him, we didn’t replace Danny Green with another taller 3 and D guard, and we didn’t replace McGee/Howard with competent bigmen next to Davis when we need to go big. All we did was try to upgrade at freaking point guard, with the biggest irony being that we won the title BECAUSE Lebron was the defacto point guard. And the point guards we kept trying to obtain were all either garbage, or made our team worse each year. All because Lebron constantly complains about needing another playmaker.

But yeah, idea to move on from that title team? Good idea. The actual moves to do so? Awful execution.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

Can’t start both Bev and Russ if Walker is the other starter. Need a connecting player like Reaves instead.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13
Jump to: