*** 2022-2023 NBA Season Discussion thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

As a Lakers fan, I've pulled for Spider Mitchell quite a bit, and he has always failed. Pulled for him to take out the Clippers a few yrs ago in the playoffs, he failed. Pulled for him to beat the Jazz a few days ago to help us, he failed. Pulling for him today to beat the Wolves, he's gonna fail. 6'1 shooting guard ain't gonna win no chip, he's fools gold.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject:

There is no reason for this Cleveland team to lose against the T-Wolves
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson has transformed into a stone cold gamer.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Embiid with the game winner, but will Doc rest them tomorrow after playing huge minutes tonight? lol
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I look at JC's numbers and it's pretty much the same as when he was a Laker in terms of efficiency. He's not super efficient, but every time I watch a Jazz game, the dude hits important shots, high leverage moment shots. They're not empty stats.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I look at JC's numbers and it's pretty much the same as when he was a Laker in terms of efficiency. He's not super efficient, but every time I watch a Jazz game, the dude hits important shots, high leverage moment shots. They're not empty stats.

Clarkson is much more mature now compared to when he first came into the NBA, the Jazz brass have grown to love him as a player and I’m sure he does a lot for the community over there
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Clarkson is much more mature now compared to when he first came into the NBA, the Jazz brass have grown to love him as a player and I’m sure he does a lot for the community over there

I said it more than once and I will say it again!
We cry for an adequate supporting cast for our stars, but that supporting cast was already in the house.

Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Kuzma, Hart, Caruso, Bryant!!!
None of these players were necessary sacrifices, none of them wanted to leave. None of them are grossly overpaid, even now. With all of their salaries we would not have a bigger payroll now!!!

Now imagine LeBron and AD with that suppporting cast. Tell me a better one in the league. We would have been perennial contenders.
Possible the 18th ring would have been already on the finger or in the pocket (too many for one man`s hands).
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:41 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:
[Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Kuzma, Hart, Caruso, Bryant!!!
None of these players were necessary sacrifices, none of them wanted to leave. None of them are grossly overpaid, even now. With all of their salaries we would not have a bigger payroll now!!!

Now imagine LeBron and AD with that suppporting cast. Tell me a better one in the league. We would have been perennial contenders.
Possible the 18th ring would have been already on the finger or in the pocket (too many for one man`s hands).

That's mostly true, in terms of the salaries vs. what we have currently. But some of those players were sacrificed to make room for Lebron and AD. Salary wise though:

Nance: $9.7m this season, has been as high as $12.7m.
Clarkson: 13.3m this season, which is just under his high of $13.4m
Zubac: $10.1m this season, which is his high to date.
Hart: Just under $13m, which is his high to date.
Caruso: $9m which is his high to date.
Kuzma: $13m which is equal to his previous high. Wants a raise this summer.

Those six combine for $68.1m. That's roughly the cost of Westbrook, Beverley, Nunn, and Schroder. However, it has to be noted that those guys were moved to trim salary, or as part of the AD and Westbrook moves.

Nance and Clarkson were moved to free up a second max spot to entice Lebron and George that summer. Zubac was let go to before they had to pay him the next summer to try to preserve cap space to make a run at AD and Kawhi. Hart was part of the AD trade. Kuzma and Caruso were jetissoned to obtain Russ, and then to reduce tax (in the case of Caruso).

The latter was probably a mistake. Letting Zubac go was also perhaps a mistake, though I get the logic. They put themselves in a position to get a big three that included arguably three of the top five players in the league at that point.

There is also an argument you could make that the Lakers could have waited a year and got AD for free, but they would have needed Lebron to sign off on that. The Lakers were coming off a 37-45 season, that would have been a big ask.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:34 am    Post subject:

DUNK OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1614439270994919424
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:45 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Embiid with the game winner, but will Doc rest them tomorrow after playing huge minutes tonight? lol

"It's the Lakers for god sake!"

Embiid
36 points, 11 boards, (24 MIN)

Harden
16 points (6-7 FGM), 12 boards, 15 assists, (26 MIN)
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dr. Rajpal Brar, DPT
@3cbPerformance

Luka plays a career high in minutes vs the Lakers and then basically can’t move on the defensive end or get lift on his jumper the next (tonight Vs Portland). Naturally.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:41 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

"It's the Lakers for god sake!"

Embiid
36 points, 11 boards, (24 MIN)

Harden
16 points (6-7 FGM), 12 boards, 15 assists, (26 MIN)

They will be playing.

Probably thought they could beat the tanking jazz without heavy minutes from them. Although Embiid was limping towards end of game.

Speaking of Lakers, what are the chances the Rockets and that long ass losing streak finally break it against the Lakers. It’s not far fetched imo.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Vuc torching GSW.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Warriors have won a grand total of 4 games on the road. The beginning of the end for them.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
andree wrote:
[Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Kuzma, Hart, Caruso, Bryant!!!

That's mostly true, in terms of the salaries vs. what we have currently. But some of those players were sacrificed to make room for Lebron and AD. Salary wise though:

Nance: $9.7m this season, has been as high as $12.7m.
Clarkson: 13.3m this season, which is just under his high of $13.4m
Zubac: $10.1m this season, which is his high to date.
Hart: Just under $13m, which is his high to date.
Caruso: $9m which is his high to date.
Kuzma: $13m which is equal to his previous high. Wants a raise this summer.

Those six combine for $68.1m. That's roughly the cost of Westbrook, Beverley, Nunn, and Schroder. However, it has to be noted that those guys were moved to trim salary, or as part of the AD and Westbrook moves.

Nance and Clarkson were moved to free up a second max spot to entice Lebron and George that summer. Zubac was let go to before they had to pay him the next summer to try to preserve cap space to make a run at AD and Kawhi. Hart was part of the AD trade. Kuzma and Caruso were jetissoned to obtain Russ, and then to reduce tax (in the case of Caruso).

The latter was probably a mistake. Letting Zubac go was also perhaps a mistake, though I get the logic. They put themselves in a position to get a big three that included arguably three of the top five players in the league at that point.

There is also an argument you could make that the Lakers could have waited a year and got AD for free, but they would have needed Lebron to sign off on that. The Lakers were coming off a 37-45 season, that would have been a big ask.

I also get the logic and I understand their desire to build a big three team. unfortunately didn`t work.
But none from those players were an unavoidable sacrifice. We had cap-space to bring AD, but we wanted also for another star. This is the reason we traded Clarkson, Nance and Zubac.
And Hart could have been retained without long discussion. He was just a filler. I don`t believe a second that Pelicans were adamant on Hart. They were happy with Ingram, Ball and the picks. But we wanted Hart out to make room for Kawhi.

I made this argument because the whole situation is ironic. We had in house everything what AD/LB need to compete. But we looked for that phantom of the 3rd star, until we destroyed the whole roster. And we have 2 MVP calibre players, when healthy, but in the same time we risk not to make the playoff again, because we have no depth.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject:

OKC about to get another win
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

OKC looking legit..got their future backcourt locked, and Chet coming back.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:16 pm    Post subject:

andree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I said it more than once and I will say it again!
We cry for an adequate supporting cast for our stars, but that supporting cast was already in the house.

Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, Kuzma, Hart, Caruso, Bryant!!!

I'd add Mo Wagner to that list as well. He's providing the same value to the Magic that Nance is to the Pelicans.

It's crazy all of them are gone. At the very least, you keep one of -
BroLo or Zu
Nance or Wagner
Kuz or Clarkson
Hart or Caruso
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Don't even need to monitor West teams losing, we can't even win games as well.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Don't even need to monitor West teams losing, we can't even win games as well.

This team without AD, Lonnie and Reaves can still go toe to toe with the best teams out there and could have win the game if not for refs f'ing it up. Looking at their schedule I think they will be 30-30 after their 60th game. I am positive they will.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:52 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And they have one of the easiest schedule from now on.
If I would be Presti, I would sacrifice some of the gazzillions of FRPs and go all in. 3 FRP or more for OG and a center (Poeltl or Tuner).
Chet is coming back, but he gives me Ingram`s vibe. He could be one day something special, but he needs a few years. His physique is nowhere near NBA requirements.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And they have one of the easiest schedule from now on.
If I would be Presti, I would sacrifice some of the gazzillions of FRPs and go all in. 3 FRP or more for OG and a center (Poeltl or Tuner).
Chet is coming back, but he gives me Ingram`s vibe. He could be one day something special, but he needs a few years. His physique is nowhere near NBA requirements.

I think Chet will be just fine, especially with the modern rules favoring offensive players. Could even average 15-20 ppg out of the box, but that's just my optimistic projection. His frame is concerning, but luckily for him, he doesn't have to carry the offensive burden on the Thunder. He'll eat on offense, just by virtue of playing alongside Giddey and SGA. The difference between Chet and BI is that BI turned 19 after the summer league (I can't believe that was 7 years ago). Chet will be 21 before he plays his first NBA game, so he will be further along physically.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Tatum opens up the MLK schedule with a 51 point game
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Walker Kessler put up a 20 and 21 against the team that traded him last summer.

Keep your heads up, fellas. At least we aren’t the Timberwolves.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Phoenix Suns are now 21-24, the No. 12 seed in the West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 39 of 284
Jump to: