Where would we be without the big trade?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Where would we be without the big trade?

Let's say the Rui, Bamba, and Reed deals do happen but the big one didn't. My projected lineup:

AD, Bamba, DJ
Bron, Wenyen, JTA
Rui, Troy, Max
Lonnie, Reaves, Reed
Schro, Russ

Where do you have us finishing the season? Consider that after our 2-10 start, we were 23-20 to end up at 25-30 at the time of the trade. We would still have one of the easier remaining schedules meaning we probably had gone through one of the more difficult schedules up to that point. I have us still finishing out of the play-in with just under 40 wins and the 11/12th seed.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject:

Cancuun maybe....
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject:

Lottery.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Lottery.

Pelicans would have been in the lottery.

We'd be out of the running without a lotto pick.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Lottery.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject:

Gone fishing
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

punching each other in the face
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject:

Tanking for the Pelicans...way worse version of Mavs tanking for the Knicks
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject:

Doubt Bron and AD would even be healthy right now because they would have had to carry the team even more in last 23 games. We missed Bron for 6 weeks and still ended up with 43 wins. That's how crucial Westbrick for DLo, Vando, Malk trade was.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject:

Same place we were before we did it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject:

We'd be sitting in a boat with no fish anywhere in sight because Westbrook slapped the water so hard with a badly weighted line that he scared all the fish away.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject:

Considering that Beas was mostly (bleep) on by our fanbase when he couldn’t hit an open shot…Mo barely got any run…DLo had availability issues…Rui had a consistent inconsistency to his PT…Reed who?…and Bron was still getting back from his injury.

I’m thinking we would most likely just miss what a real wing looked like in Vando along with just missing the play-in and as a result, we’d (bleep) on AD for it, when in reality, we had our remaining (post trade deadline) schedule become mostly favorable and had AD ramp up his production as a result in keeping us afloat and eventually to the shores of the postseason, instead of the ones that belonged to Cancun.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Considering that Beas was mostly (bleep) on by our fanbase when he couldn’t hit an open shot…Mo barely got any run…DLo had availability issues…Rui had a consistent inconsistency to his PT…Reed who?…and Bron was still getting back from his injury.

I’m thinking we would most likely just miss what a real wing looked like in Vando along with just missing the play-in and as a result, we’d (bleep) on AD for it, when in reality, we had our remaining (post trade deadline) schedule become mostly favorable and had AD ramp up his production as a result in keeping us afloat and eventually to the shores of the postseason, instead of the ones that belonged to Cancun.

Yeah I was expecting the Lakers to make the playoffs long before they made the trade. They turned the season around a long time ago.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Yeah I was expecting the Lakers to make the playoffs long before they made the trade. They turned the season around a long time ago.

They were 6 games under .500 on deadline day (currently 12th place Utah is 6 under) and had lost 6 of their last 9.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject:

We'd be watching exit interviews today while knowing we're giving up a top 10 pick to NO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I had them pegged as a 9 seed prior to the trade deadline
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject:

playin.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject:

5th seed.
Westbrook forever!!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Where would we be without the big trade?

gng930 wrote:
Let's say the Rui, Bamba, and Reed deals do happen but the big one didn't. My projected lineup:

AD, Bamba, DJ
Bron, Wenyen, JTA
Rui, Troy, Max
Lonnie, Reaves, Reed
Schro, Russ

Where do you have us finishing the season? Consider that after our 2-10 start, we were 23-20 to end up at 25-30 at the time of the trade. We would still have one of the easier remaining schedules meaning we probably had gone through one of the more difficult schedules up to that point. I have us still finishing out of the play-in with just under 40 wins and the 11/12th seed.

I can still see us making the play-ins with that lineup, since you only need to be better than the 38 win Mavericks to make the playings in the West. But to me that isn't the relevant point. This season will be judged by how far the team progresses into the playoffs, not by simply making the playoffs. If we get booted in the play-ins, or in the first round, nobody is going to be cheering in the streets about how successful the Lakers season was after all.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Where would we be without the big trade?

gng930 wrote:

AD, Bamba, DJ
Bron, Wenyen, JTA
Rui, Troy, Max
Lonnie, Reaves, Reed
Schro, Russ

I can still see us making the play-ins with that lineup, since you only need to be better than the 38 win Mavericks to make the playings in the West. But to me that isn't the relevant point. This season will be judged by how far the team progresses into the playoffs, not by simply making the playoffs. If we get booted in the play-ins, or in the first round, nobody is going to be cheering in the streets about how successful the Lakers season was after all.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject:

With the way team chemistry was falling apart when TrashBrick was dealt, easily lottery. We needed to get rid of the Vampire and Pat Bev.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Where would we be without the big trade?

activeverb wrote:
gng930 wrote:

AD, Bamba, DJ
Bron, Wenyen, JTA
Rui, Troy, Max
Lonnie, Reaves, Reed
Schro, Russ

Give the Mavs another win because no way in hell do we make that comeback without Vanderbilt. There is no universe Trashbrick would have replaced what Vando gave us that night.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

They were 6 games under .500 on deadline day (currently 12th place Utah is 6 under) and had lost 6 of their last 9.

Yeah but they were only 2 games back or something like that. This was a really easy year to get in.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
We'd be watching exit interviews today while knowing we're giving up a top 10 pick to NO.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ocho wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Yeah but they were only 2 games back or something like that. This was a really easy year to get in.

Tell that to Dallas.

Reports were things around the time of the deadline had gotten so bad with Westbrook we were contemplating sending him home if a deal didn’t materialize. Considering we were losing games left and right at the time and sitting in 13th place, I wouldn’t think a push was coming with the roster as it was.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: