CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 10-20-22 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61435
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Of little solace, they didn't quit. They fought till the end. Westbrook and Beverly hustled but shot horribly. Dennis will cause a few wins and excitement. I'm a victim of Pollyannaism.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 4178

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
So I generally enjoyed the game I was there which makes a big difference you know because it's a lot more fun to be there in person. And I thought we were more competitive than I was actually expecting.

As is my tendency and my wants I was paying a lot of it and I can do so because my seats are behind the Lakers bench. I was really paying attention to a lot of the energy Anil interaction from the team and particularly Russ. And a lot of things that people on this board 10 to say I think you're wrong. There was actually really good energy amongst the team. Particularly Russ was very enthusiastic about other teammates successes and you know when someone made a good play. He also talks to the coaches quite a bit he was in no way shape or form standoffish or weird so I think people can drop that one.

LeBron and A.D. both seem to be in good energy and actually the numerous times that I've seen them play I have actually never noticed any kind of moodiness from AD. But I do sometimes notice it from LeBron I did not see it last night he was really talking to a lot of the newer players a lot. And that was another thing that was good to see was the newer players seem comfortable. They are likely nervous because they're new to the NBA, but they didn't seem uncomfortable within the team. Matt Ryan in particular went and talked to LeBron a lot both on the floor and off. Austin didn't as much as I've seen him do in the past but I think he's he did seem really frustrated that he was getting rooked on the calls by the referees lol

The coaching staff is active you know I mean Phil Handy we already know it was like that. But it was nice to see that Darvin Ham is an active coach and he really takes moments to instruct players and not just sit there or not just bark plays.

So that was the kind of encouragement that I took away was I saw a lot of things that I didn't see when I went to games last year last season. So that gives me encouragement that with time and tide and hopefully either acquire some shooters or Matt Ryan hits his head and suddenly becomes JJ Redick 2.0 or both, you know whatever but with time I can definitely see things getting better whereas I there was no point last season where I felt that way.


Very nice read... Pretty nice to see someones perspective live and up close rather than most of us just reacting on what we see on TV or short videos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 39302
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
So I generally enjoyed the game I was there which makes a big difference you know because it's a lot more fun to be there in person. And I thought we were more competitive than I was actually expecting.

As is my tendency and my wants I was paying a lot of it and I can do so because my seats are behind the Lakers bench. I was really paying attention to a lot of the energy Anil interaction from the team and particularly Russ. And a lot of things that people on this board 10 to say I think you're wrong. There was actually really good energy amongst the team. Particularly Russ was very enthusiastic about other teammates successes and you know when someone made a good play. He also talks to the coaches quite a bit he was in no way shape or form standoffish or weird so I think people can drop that one.

LeBron and A.D. both seem to be in good energy and actually the numerous times that I've seen them play I have actually never noticed any kind of moodiness from AD. But I do sometimes notice it from LeBron I did not see it last night he was really talking to a lot of the newer players a lot. And that was another thing that was good to see was the newer players seem comfortable. They are likely nervous because they're new to the NBA, but they didn't seem uncomfortable within the team. Matt Ryan in particular went and talked to LeBron a lot both on the floor and off. Austin didn't as much as I've seen him do in the past but I think he's he did seem really frustrated that he was getting rooked on the calls by the referees lol

The coaching staff is active you know I mean Phil Handy we already know it was like that. But it was nice to see that Darvin Ham is an active coach and he really takes moments to instruct players and not just sit there or not just bark plays.

So that was the kind of encouragement that I took away was I saw a lot of things that I didn't see when I went to games last year last season. So that gives me encouragement that with time and tide and hopefully either acquire some shooters or Matt Ryan hits his head and suddenly becomes JJ Redick 2.0 or both, you know whatever but with time I can definitely see things getting better whereas I there was no point last season where I felt that way.


Very nice read... Pretty nice to see someones perspective live and up close rather than most of us just reacting on what we see on TV or short videos.


Thanks! Sorry there are so many nonsense sentences. Voice dictation did me a little wrong. Let me go edit that lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 35828
Location: Nomad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
So I generally enjoyed the game. I was there which makes a big difference you know because it's a lot more fun to be there in person. And I thought we were more competitive than I was actually expecting.

As is my tendency and my want, I was paying a lot of attention to the interactions and I can do so because my seats are behind the Lakers bench. I was really paying attention to a lot of the energy from the team and particularly Russ. And a lot of things that people on this board tend to say appear to be wrong. There was actually really good energy amongst the team. Particularly Russ was very enthusiastic about other teammates successes and you know when someone made a good play. He also talks to the coaches quite a bit. He was in no way shape or form standoffish or weird so I think people can drop that one.

LeBron and A.D. both seemed to be in good energy and actually the numerous times that I've seen them play I have actually never noticed any kind of moodiness from AD. But I do sometimes notice it from LeBron. I did not see it last night he was really talking to a lot of the newer players a lot. And that was another thing that was good to see was the newer players seem comfortable. They are likely nervous because they're new to the NBA, but they didn't seem uncomfortable within the team. Matt Ryan in particular went and talked to LeBron a lot both on the floor and off. Austin didn't as much as I've seen him do in the past but he did seem really frustrated that he was getting rooked on the calls by the referees lol

The coaching staff is active - you know I mean Phil Handy we already know it was like that. But it was nice to see that Darvin Ham is an active coach and he really takes moments to instruct players and not just sit there or not just bark plays.

So that was the kind of encouragement that I took away was I saw a lot of things that I didn't see when I went to games last season. So that gives me encouragement that with time and tide and hopefully either acquire some shooters or Matt Ryan hits his head and suddenly becomes JJ Redick 2.0 or both, you know whatever but with time I can definitely see things getting better whereas I there was no point last season where I felt that way.

(Edited for clarity. Voice dictation did me a little wrong wrong...)

Thanks TDR! I appreciate your in-game perspective. I don't post as often in the game threads because it's so hard to remain positive. Speaking of which:

Two life skills to live by:
1. Explain everything in the kindest way (stop gossiping).
2. Put the best construction on everything (stay positive).

Impossible for any of us to be perfect on these but our game threads are the definition of the opposite of those two skillsets. --me included.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 39302
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
TDRock wrote:


(Edited for clarity. Voice dictation did me a little wrong wrong...)

Thanks TDR! I appreciate your in-game perspective. I don't post as often in the game threads because it's so hard to remain positive. Speaking of which:

Two life skills to live by:
1. Explain everything in the kindest way (stop gossiping).
2. Put the best construction on everything (stay positive).

Impossible for any of us to be perfect on these but our game threads are the definition of the opposite of those two skillsets. --me included.


Yes. Interesting you bring that up I practice Buddhism (Theravada) and Right Speech is definitely difficult in the game thread lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 35828
Location: Nomad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
TDRock wrote:


(Edited for clarity. Voice dictation did me a little wrong wrong...)

Thanks TDR! I appreciate your in-game perspective. I don't post as often in the game threads because it's so hard to remain positive. Speaking of which:

Two life skills to live by:
1. Explain everything in the kindest way (stop gossiping).
2. Put the best construction on everything (stay positive).

Impossible for any of us to be perfect on these but our game threads are the definition of the opposite of those two skillsets. --me included.


Yes. Interesting you bring that up I practice Buddhism (Theravada) and Right Speech is definitely difficult in the game thread lol

Interesting. I'm a "Lutheran" Christian. Both those life skills were different English translations of the same German catechism statement by Lutheran Christian reformer Martin Luther in 1529. I think these statements work as ideals in any belief system. But, any ideals go out the window in forums like these. Good ol' Luther had nasty and cutting remarks in debates with his opponents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 5593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
So I generally enjoyed the game I was there which makes a big difference you know because it's a lot more fun to be there in person. And I thought we were more competitive than I was actually expecting.

As is my tendency and my wants I was paying a lot of it and I can do so because my seats are behind the Lakers bench. I was really paying attention to a lot of the energy Anil interaction from the team and particularly Russ. And a lot of things that people on this board 10 to say I think you're wrong. There was actually really good energy amongst the team. Particularly Russ was very enthusiastic about other teammates successes and you know when someone made a good play. He also talks to the coaches quite a bit he was in no way shape or form standoffish or weird so I think people can drop that one.

LeBron and A.D. both seem to be in good energy and actually the numerous times that I've seen them play I have actually never noticed any kind of moodiness from AD. But I do sometimes notice it from LeBron I did not see it last night he was really talking to a lot of the newer players a lot. And that was another thing that was good to see was the newer players seem comfortable. They are likely nervous because they're new to the NBA, but they didn't seem uncomfortable within the team. Matt Ryan in particular went and talked to LeBron a lot both on the floor and off. Austin didn't as much as I've seen him do in the past but I think he's he did seem really frustrated that he was getting rooked on the calls by the referees lol

The coaching staff is active you know I mean Phil Handy we already know it was like that. But it was nice to see that Darvin Ham is an active coach and he really takes moments to instruct players and not just sit there or not just bark plays.

So that was the kind of encouragement that I took away was I saw a lot of things that I didn't see when I went to games last year last season. So that gives me encouragement that with time and tide and hopefully either acquire some shooters or Matt Ryan hits his head and suddenly becomes JJ Redick 2.0 or both, you know whatever but with time I can definitely see things getting better whereas I there was no point last season where I felt that way.
Very nice read... Pretty nice to see someones perspective live and up close rather than most of us just reacting on what we see on TV or short videos.
I Agree - a Good Read

One does get a very different perspective when seeing the games in person. Having had the privilege of being in Crypto's Centurian Lounge area, the fans there share your views, detailed analysis while having far greater hop for this team than last year's team

Laker Nation Fans are the Most Passionate Throughout the World that Results in the Greatest Scrutiny with the Highest Expectations with No Tolerance of Anything Less Than the Best - That's Part of the Life of Being a Laker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 39458
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
TDRock wrote:


(Edited for clarity. Voice dictation did me a little wrong wrong...)

Thanks TDR! I appreciate your in-game perspective. I don't post as often in the game threads because it's so hard to remain positive. Speaking of which:

Two life skills to live by:
1. Explain everything in the kindest way (stop gossiping).
2. Put the best construction on everything (stay positive).

Impossible for any of us to be perfect on these but our game threads are the definition of the opposite of those two skillsets. --me included.


Yes. Interesting you bring that up I practice Buddhism (Theravada) and Right Speech is definitely difficult in the game thread lol


Ah. What a beautiful little discussion popping up here. Let me add a lot of people know how to be polite as a courtesy, but the deeper cut is understanding that what we say is always a reflection on ourselves. It’s a constant test. And it’s a difficult test at times because of the way others sometimes choose to carry themselves. They can push some buttons.

Some people want to be heard about their frustrations but struggle with how to communicate that. Some people are just having a bad day or may just be unhappy in general. And then there’s ignorance in the mix. But how we handle that is always a reflection on ourselves. We’ve all had our moments…and I always say this game will teach you a lot about bigger things in life if you are paying attention.

I always appreciate your voices and the intention you have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 5593

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
TDRock wrote:
(Edited for clarity. Voice dictation did me a little wrong wrong...)
Thanks TDR! I appreciate your in-game perspective. I don't post as often in the game threads because it's so hard to remain positive. Speaking of which:

Two life skills to live by:
1. Explain everything in the kindest way (stop gossiping).
2. Put the best construction on everything (stay positive).

Impossible for any of us to be perfect on these but our game threads are the definition of the opposite of those two skillsets. --me included.
Yes. Interesting you bring that up I practice Buddhism (Theravada) and Right Speech is definitely difficult in the game thread lol
Ah. What a beautiful little discussion popping up here. Let me add a lot of people know how to be polite as a courtesy, but the deeper cut is understanding that what we say is always a reflection on ourselves. It’s a constant test. And it’s a difficult test at times because of the way others sometimes choose to carry themselves. They can push some buttons.

Some people want to be heard about their frustrations but struggle with how to communicate that. Some people are just having a bad day or may just be unhappy in general. And then there’s ignorance in the mix. But how we handle that is always a reflection on ourselves. We’ve all had our moments…and I always say this game will teach you a lot about bigger things in life if you are paying attention.

I always appreciate your voices and the intention you have.
Agree

What is great is that everybody is always changing and (hopefully) the agenda is to have personal improvements, not to influence/encourage/prompt/force people to agree with their absolute positions

Things are never as bad or good as they seem

PS - with the worries that the Lakers have lost their first two games, so has the Heat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 5593

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
TDRock wrote:
(Edited for clarity. Voice dictation did me a little wrong wrong...)
Thanks TDR! I appreciate your in-game perspective. I don't post as often in the game threads because it's so hard to remain positive. Speaking of which:

Two life skills to live by:
1. Explain everything in the kindest way (stop gossiping).
2. Put the best construction on everything (stay positive).

Impossible for any of us to be perfect on these but our game threads are the definition of the opposite of those two skillsets. --me included.
Yes. Interesting you bring that up I practice Buddhism (Theravada) and Right Speech is definitely difficult in the game thread lol
Ah. What a beautiful little discussion popping up here. Let me add a lot of people know how to be polite as a courtesy, but the deeper cut is understanding that what we say is always a reflection on ourselves. It’s a constant test. And it’s a difficult test at times because of the way others sometimes choose to carry themselves. They can push some buttons.

Some people want to be heard about their frustrations but struggle with how to communicate that. Some people are just having a bad day or may just be unhappy in general. And then there’s ignorance in the mix. But how we handle that is always a reflection on ourselves. We’ve all had our moments…and I always say this game will teach you a lot about bigger things in life if you are paying attention.

I always appreciate your voices and the intention you have.
Agree

What is great is that everybody is always changing and (hopefully) the agenda is to have personal improvements, not to influence/encourage/prompt/force people to agree with their absolute positions

Things are never as bad or good as they seem

PS - with the worries that the Lakers have lost their first two games, so has the Heat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB