How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

Time for him to stop hiding in the background and right the ship. Jeanie has done far worse than her brother. This is an embarrassment.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Judging on how Jeanie "handled" her big bro, I think it would be very, very difficult situation. It's all up to Jeanie if she wants to step down. Forcing her out thru litigation probably would be very ugly. Her other siblings could try and talk to her and convince her but it's still up to her to decide if she wants to step down or not.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie is salty as hell about the idea that she's being manipulated by the Rambii and doesn't have a mind of her own.

So she isn't leaving any time soon.

Where is the male equivalent of Georgia Rosenbloom when you need one?

(I kid, I kid)
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

It's not possible. The Lakers franchise is utterly screwed.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Al the Buss’s need to go
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

No, he won’t do any good. We need a rich owner
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Naw, we need to get rid of Rambises.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

DD20045 wrote:
Time for him to stop hiding in the background and right the ship. Jeanie has done far worse than her brother. This is an embarrassment.
But the bubble chip....
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

DD20045 wrote:

What has Jesse Buss done?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:22 am    Post subject:

Is Jesse a billionaire?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Here's a good read: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773040-la-isnt-the-process-west-but-jesse-buss-giving-lakers-necessary-draft-edge

From my understanding he's a good talent evaluator and was responsible for the Lakers drafting so well in the last 7-8 years. I'm guessing he was part of the crew that discovered Caruso, Nwaba, M. Thomas, GPII, etc. Hell, even THT is looking like a stud in Utah. There were only a few picks of his that didn't quite work out, but his track record is pretty good. Out of all the Buss kids, he's probably the only one who I'd feel comfortable with as GM.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

He is basically in charge of scouting. Because the Lakers have drafted well over the past decade, people generally have good feelings about him. That said, unless you are inside the Laker organization, it's virtually impossible to know what he actually does or what skills he possesses.

I mean, before Jeanie took over many people used to rave about her and her background without really knowing much about what she had actually done.

Would Jesse make a good managing partner? I have no idea. The Laker family trust is set up in a way that makes it difficult for the Busses to sell the team and makes it difficult to replace Jeanie.

It's anyone's guess if her family members are as frustrated as fans are. Several of them do not work for the lakers, so again it's anyone's gas if the day-to-day tras that exasperate fans matter all that much to them. The team is still profitable, and its value on paper continues to rise, so I suspect some of the family members may measure success differently than fans do.

Replacing Jeanie is probably more about the relationship people in the family have with each other than about her performance.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

He is basically in charge of scouting. Because the Lakers have drafted well over the past decade, people generally have good feelings about him. That said, unless you are inside the Laker organization, it's virtually impossible to know what he actually does or what skills he possesses.

I mean, before Jeanie took over many people used to rave about her and her background without really knowing much about what she had actually done.

Would Jesse make a good managing partner? I have no idea. The Buss family trust is set up in a way that makes it difficult for the Busses to sell the team and makes it difficult to replace Jeanie.

It's anyone's guess if her family members are as frustrated as fans are. Several of them do not work for the lakers, so again it's anyone's gas if the day-to-day travails that exasperate fans matter all that much to them. The team is still profitable, and its value on paper continues to rise, so I suspect some of the family members may measure success differently than fans do.

Replacing Jeanie is probably more about the relationship people in the family have with each other than about her performance or the teams on court performance
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

activeverb wrote:
zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Would Jesse make a good managing partner? I have no idea. The Buss family trust is set up in a way that makes it difficult for the Busses to sell the team and makes it difficult to replace Jeanie.

It's anyone's guess if her family members are as frustrated as fans are. Several of them do not work for the lakers, so again it's anyone's gas if the day-to-day travails that exasperate fans matter all that much to them. The team is still profitable, and its value on paper continues to rise, so I suspect some of the family members may measure success differently than fans do.

Replacing Jeanie is probably more about the relationship people in the family have with each other than about her performance or the teams on court performance

I dont remember anyone ever raving about Jeanie. Perhaps you are thinking about that b.s. HBO show.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

activeverb wrote:

That was true since her background running her father’s businesses typically resulted in failure.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

People want to get out from under a Buss, they have a she Buss, to have another Buss?

This franchise needs to have a knowledgeable GM with an equally knowledgeable staff. Here’s a thought; bring someone in with an
actual portfolio. Don’t just go from one scrub to experiment with
the potentially next one.

Last edited by deal on Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Hilarious to think he’s the savior. Like Ryan West was before he left. We don’t know what they actually do, and let’s say it was Jesse who had an amazing eye for spotting NBA type talent, doesn’t mean he knows how to run a team. What about Riley Buss-Drexel. Maybe he should take over 😂
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

QUESTION: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

ANSWER: Keep Losing
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Here's a good read: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773040-la-isnt-the-process-west-but-jesse-buss-giving-lakers-necessary-draft-edge

From my understanding he's a good talent evaluator and was responsible for the Lakers drafting so well in the last 7-8 years. I'm guessing he was part of the crew that discovered Caruso, Nwaba, M. Thomas, GPII, etc. Hell, even THT is looking like a stud in Utah.

I haven't watched any of Utah's games but THC is scoring 7 PPG on 38% and 19% from 3. What have you seen from him in Utah that makes him a great Jesse Buss pick?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

From my understanding he's a good talent evaluator and was responsible for the Lakers drafting so well in the last 7-8 years. I'm guessing he was part of the crew that discovered Caruso, Nwaba, M. Thomas, GPII, etc. Hell, even THT is looking like a stud in Utah. There were only a few picks of his that didn't quite work out, but his track record is pretty good. Out of all the Buss kids, he's probably the only one who I'd feel comfortable with as GM.

Jesse and Ryan West were the MVPs. But Jeanie's the reason Ryan is no longer here.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject:

No one can convince me that Jeanie is actually 100% focused on the Lakers.
She’s more of a fan, than an owner.
Her focus is on her stupid dingy women of wrestling endeavor.
If she was 100% focused on the Lakers, there would be no women of wrestling crap.

Jeanie is an idiot.
Linda and Kurt Rambis are idiots.
Rob is an idiot.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Jesse and Ryan West were the MVPs. But Jeanie's the reason Ryan is no longer here.

I will not pretend to cover up for Jeanie; she definetly deserves the heat for all those faults but hand in hand, the credit when something goes right.

We can't have it both ways...
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Jesse Buss is also the Assistant GM?
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

Can we at least get Jesse Buss to take over as GM. 2-8. My goodness.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: How do we get Jesse Buss to take over?

MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

If Ryan was that great, someone would've given him a cherry job. He's currently a scout for the Pistons, which is frequently a "do my buddy a favor and hire this guy" job in the NBA.

Jonnie West (Jerry's other son) basically has Jerry's old job with the Warriors and - IMO - it looks like a "buddy hire" as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: