*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers (11/28/22 @ 7:30 PM PT) Gm#19 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/1597471382740533249?s=46&t=W8HDhfBEyvR7_9ORWqUvQw

Lebron lost his guy. He was daring this rookie to shoot all game. Bite him in the end

Honestly the biggest mistake was at the 6 second mark which Reaves should’ve went to the corner guy, if the first shot went in, then that’s on Russ, but since it didn’t… the corner guy was left open which made AD went out to cover and lebron stayed to cover smith, had reaves covered the corner guy, it would force haliburn to get a shot over AD or dump it off to smith while AD was inside
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/1597471382740533249?s=46&t=W8HDhfBEyvR7_9ORWqUvQw

Lebron lost his guy. He was daring this rookie to shoot all game. Bite him in the end

Honestly the biggest mistake was at the 6 second mark which Reaves should’ve went to the corner guy, if the first shot went in, then that’s on Russ, but since it didn’t… the corner guy was left open which made AD went out to cover and lebron stayed to cover smith, had reaves covered the corner guy, it would force haliburn to get a shot over AD or dumb it off to smith while AD was inside

People are thinking about this too hard. You cover shooters from 3, so you don't lose the game. Period. If you play OT, you play OT. Unfortunately, it never got there...BECAUSE LEBRON MADE A CHOICE TO LEAVE A MAN WIDE OPEN FOR THREE.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Honestly the biggest mistake was at the 6 second mark which Reaves should’ve went to the corner guy, if the first shot went in, then that’s on Russ, but since it didn’t… the corner guy was left open which made AD went out to cover and lebron stayed to cover smith, had reaves covered the corner guy, it would force haliburn to get a shot over AD or dumb it off to smith while AD was inside

People are thinking about this too hard. You cover shooters from 3, so you don't lose the game. Period. If you play OT, you play OT. Unfortunately, it never got there...BECAUSE LEBRON MADE A CHOICE TO LEAVE A MAN WIDE OPEN FOR THREE.

If that's the case why did they have 2-3 guys guarding Haliburton for a second... Those 4 Lakers were guarding 3 guys on the perimeter. Left Lebron stuck in between. He knew he had time recover to Nembrand which he did...

But that all started with Russ messing up his assignment to start the play. When he sold out to recover it left the Lakers in scramble mode.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

I understand that part, but I was just looking at the video to see what went wrong, of course lebron could’ve stayed with the shooter so at worst we go to OT
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject:

One of the best things this game uncovered (minus our terrible defensive exception in crunch time) is that I really don’t see the need to trade for Buddy or Myles. Definitely not worth giving up 2 picks.

Buddy still does not have enough moves for me to just hand him the keys to shoot 20-30 times a night. His Defense isn’t the worst but it’s far from giving us an edge against any opponent. Take away his three he becomes VERY limited on offense.

Myles looks really slow out there or maybe it’s just AD being too quick and skilled for him to handle? Either way Myles and AD together could be a worse logjam than AD and Dwight from last season.

As of now I’m okay sticking with Russ off he bench and definitely keeping our picks.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
One of the best things this game uncovered (minus our terrible defensive exception in crunch time) is that I really don’t see the need to trade for Buddy or Myles. Definitely not worth giving up 2 picks.

Buddy still does not have enough moves for me to just hand him the keys to shoot 20-30 times a night. His Defense isn’t the worst but it’s far from giving us an edge against any opponent. Take away his three he becomes VERY limited on offense.

Myles looks really slow out there or maybe it’s just AD being too quick and skilled for him to handle? Either way Myles and AD together could be a worse logjam than AD and Dwight from last season.

As of now I’m okay sticking with Russ off he bench and definitely keeping our picks.

Yes. People crying about this lost season. If we execute that trade, we'd all be crying about this lost season and lost future lol. I would seriously consider 2 picks for Mathurin though. That kid has all star written all over him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:27 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Yes. People crying about this lost season. If we execute that trade, we'd all be crying about this lost season and lost future lol. I would seriously consider 2 picks for Mathurin though. That kid has all star written all over him.

There is no way the pacers would take 2 picks for Mathurin, he is going to be a good player for a long time.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:35 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Absolutely. Some people were REALLY anticipating this game, as a chance to see what the Lakers could potentially trade for. Lots of people working themselves into a lather, over Turner/Hield. And, they did NOT impress, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Hopefully this quiets the crowd a bit. Because, I was getting ill hearing about Turner/Hield all the time. Not bad players, but not what the Lakers need. And, definitely not at the reported asking price.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject:

The game was lost well before that final shot. Too many mistakes and inefficient possessions squandered a good effort overall.

I remember it wasn’t too many years ago it was the Lakers that were on the other side of these kinds of games for a win.

Simply supports the old adage. “ bad teams will find a way to lose”

The Lakers found theirs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:19 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
twisted wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

There is no way the pacers would take 2 picks for Mathurin, he is going to be a good player for a long time.

Mathurin was the 6th overall pick, and he's in the running for both ROY and 6th man of the year.

The Pacers aren't going to trade him for a couple of future FRPs.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:24 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lebron loses 3pt shooters multiple times every game. This one cost him.

And it costs US in general.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject:

I fell asleep when the score was like 101-85. How the (bleep) did we lose?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Lazy defense.
Lebron especially forgetting how to defend the 3pt line.
Lebron going hero ball.
Lebron shooting ill advised shots while the rest of the team stood watching.
Premature celebrating when they were up and then let their guard down.
Carlisle coaching circles around dumbass Darvin Ham.

Think that’s it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

The game was lost well before that final shot. Too many mistakes and inefficient possessions squandered a good effort overall.

I remember it wasn’t too many years ago it was the Lakers that were on the other side of these kinds of games for a win.

The Lakers found theirs.

You nailed it.

Game was lost before that shot. Same thing when they lost to next opponent, the blazers, earlier this season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The Lakers found theirs.

You nailed it.

Game was lost before that shot. Same thing when they lost to next opponent, the blazers, earlier this season.
BINGO!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Lazy defense.
Lebron going hero ball.

Think that’s it.

It’s simply Cavs 2.0

Lakers should blow it up like Cavs did…
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Lazy defense.
Lebron going hero ball.

Think that’s it.

It’s simply Cavs 2.0

Lakers should blow it up like Cavs did…

Agree. I was really irritated last night after the game and I tend to not care. i just felt the team really just got stupid. i am sick of the Lebron offense of everyone standing around while he goes ballhog mode and then falls asleep at the defensive end.
the premature celebrating was also irritating.
i think the film session should be the team watching the 4th quarter 10 consecutive times and see how terrible they were.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I've had nearly a day to get over this loss but I've failed so far.

what a disgusting loss. So sad.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersdailycom/status/1597766148208136193?s=46&t=MjRejaZ4gVwNm6hLcDy8fA

Smh
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

It was ugly, but LG being down for much of the day spared the team from deserved skewering.

They have been a lot better of late, but last night was simply a BRUTAL collapse. But we have bigger issues than that...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
Jump to: