Christine McVie Dies At 79
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Well, that would be an asinine choice considering no one said that you had to give up one or the other.

I was reelin' w/ that dirty work Omar posted. I hope he doesn't do it again.

I heard Do It Again this morn in the car, too. Good one. I hate Ricky, but Reelin In The Years, Do It, and Dirty Work are still solid.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Well, that would be an asinine choice considering no one said that you had to give up one or the other.

I heard Do It Again this morn in the car, too. Good one. I hate Ricky, but Reelin In The Years, Do It, and Dirty Work are still solid.

There's a rich list of great stuff from Steely Dan that is definitely on par with Fleetwood Mac.

Whatever Omar chooses to do, I'm going continue to listen to both and do so without so heavily besmirching the work of either the way Omar did. We'll give him his one last listen to Rumors and he can forge on from there without the benefit of either ever again.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

There's a rich list of great stuff from Steely Dan that is definitely on par with Fleetwood Mac.

Whatever Omar chooses to do, I'm going continue to listen to both and do so without so heavily besmirching the work of either the way Omar did. We'll give him his one last listen to Rumors and he can forge on from there without the benefit of either ever again.

Both before my time, but then again, so are the Beatles/Stones. I tend to feel a little closer w/ the later Fleetwood stuff and/or w/ Stevie when she had a bigger presence and then w/ her solo/collabo stuff (a la Stop Dragging My Heart Around, Leather And Lace). Rhiannon is probably FM's 2nd most played song on classic stations, but I like hearing it still. It hasn't managed to age at least to my ear. There are a number of songs like Back In Black and Shook Me All Night Long that make me change the channel immediately because I can't stand hearing them for the millionth time. Those two put Stairway to shame in that respect, tho I usually pass on Stairway. No offense to Paul, but I pass on Let It Be and Hey Jude, too. Can probably recite those perfectly in REM sleep by now.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
My 15 year old son has over 200 vinyl albums and a kickass stereo to play them on.
He has..
Beatles
Stones
Zeppelin
Marvin Gaye
Dylan
Sabbath
Radiohead
Smiths
Cars
King Crimson
Etc etc…

Nothing sounds better than Fleetwood Mac Rumours…nothing.
From start to finish, it’s a masterpiece.
Thank you Christine.

Rumours is one of the few Albums that is legendary from start to end but for me it’s Steely Dan’s AJA album

Axxs TV has a great documentary on making Aja, I had no idea it was completed with studio musicians.

I think after the 1st album SD was basically just (bleep) and Becker with session musicians. And not just "session musicians" btw. Having Larry Carlton is like having Clapton on the White Album.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:02 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I love all albums from the Dan, but somehow I always gravitate to The Nightfly as my go to headphone music.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: