*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics (12/13/22 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#27 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

13 seconds left and a tie game and u dont attack the rim and try to get some free throws?
Pathetic. Call a TO and draw up a play, coach.

These step back game losing 3s aren't doing the job
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh and the “Lakers were gassed” from the comeback is the biggest bull (bleep) when you factor in that the opponent is on the back end of a back to back.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

Polarbear wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Lakers were up 13 with 3 minutes 50 seconds left. LeBron, clearly feeling the game is over and looking to showboat, takes a deep, ill-advised three. This leads directly to a counter where Williams hits a three.

Then, to make it worse, LeBron inbounds the ball to Marcus Smart. Instant score. Lead down to 8 with a little over 3 minutes. Even if the Lakers didn’t score on that possession and the Celtics scored on the next, the mere fact that those two possessions would’ve wiped 30-40 seconds off the clock meant that the game would be all but over. Up 8 with 2 minutes and 20 seconds is pretty much sealed, but LeBron figured them 2 points and 40 seconds.

Worst regular season loss in a very, very long time.

Let’s not forget the swing when they scored and then they stole the ball and scored again in like a second that was pretty bad

He literally said that. Lol
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Abolish Lebron step back 3s in the final two minutes. Makes zero sense that his first, second, and third option in the clutch.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Darvin ham hast to know that the opposing team is just going to lay back and let Westbrook shoot that three pointer because he’s not going to make it consistently. We need someone on the court that can hit that three point shot.

That's the thing. We don't have anyone else. You want DS in? Thanks Pelinka for his expert roster building. Great roleplayers.

We could have subbed WB for Lonnie to be honest. Did he get injured or something?

They could’ve taken out Russ or Brown for walker(out best shooter and can also create), but Ham just doesn’t play walker in the 4th and OT

Russ d in the 4th was great. Yes in OT but bron and AD quit in Ot
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
Abolish Lebron step back 3s in the final two minutes. Makes zero sense that his first, second, and third option in the clutch.

And Westbrook should never taken outside shot in the final minutes. Everything should be going to the room with him or he should be setting somebody else up.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

“Boston Sucks”

Don’t mind me, im one of the stupid Laker fans at the arena.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Oh and the “Lakers were gassed” from the comeback is the biggest bull (bleep) when you factor in that the opponent is on the back end of a back to back.

Agree
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Celtics aren't 50,000 years old. Truly it makes a difference being old trust me lol

I clearly remember in my 20s going out to the club and staying up till 3 o'clock in the morning and going to work the next day at 9 AM not only being fine but being in a good mood. Those days come to an end eventually lol. I still go out I still stay out late and that is because at my age now I don't have to get up the next morning lol big difference.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Darvin ham hast to know that the opposing team is just going to lay back and let Westbrook shoot that three pointer because he’s not going to make it consistently. We need someone on the court that can hit that three point shot.

That's the thing. We don't have anyone else. You want DS in? Thanks Pelinka for his expert roster building. Great roleplayers.

We could have subbed WB for Lonnie to be honest. Did he get injured or something?

They could’ve taken out Russ or Brown for walker(out best shooter and can also create), but Ham just doesn’t play walker in the 4th and OT

Russ d in the 4th was great. Yes in OT but bron and AD quit in Ot

Russ was not great in OT and yet he was our best player in OT, how sad is that?
I would’ve played walker over brown to finish(especially the last possession), maybe even take out bron for a short break
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

roger_federer wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
Why did LeBron shoot a step back 3 when the score is tied....wthhhhhh

Because our dumb ass coach made him play like 15 min straight or something. Thats way too much for Lebron. He and AD looked great though. We deserved that W. I dont trust AD to hit free throws when the game is hanging in the air. Twice now he's fumbled.

Lets not blame that 3 pt on the coach. you have 15 seconds and take a step back 3. thats straight stupidity. How many times he took that shot and missed. its same story everytime.

Lebron was pretty bad last 3 or so minutes. He was jacking up threes. Sign of fatigue. He was visibly tired on both ends. Ham nearly played him and AD the entire second half. Thats not sustainable but we dont have the roster construction to be able to sit Lebron or AD comfortably.

But i think Ham found something in the lineup tht brought them back. Maybe build on that because our defense in the 4Q was amazing.

Hard to get mad at the team when i dont have any real expectations. We fought hard and showed character. Until trades are made it's hard to have any type of expectation.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Lakers were up 13 with 3 minutes 50 seconds left. LeBron, clearly feeling the game is over and looking to showboat, takes a deep, ill-advised three. This leads directly to a counter where Williams hits a three.

Then, to make it worse, LeBron inbounds the ball to Marcus Smart. Instant score. Lead down to 8 with a little over 3 minutes. Even if the Lakers didn’t score on that possession and the Celtics scored on the next, the mere fact that those two possessions would’ve wiped 30-40 seconds off the clock meant that the game would be all but over. Up 8 with 2 minutes and 20 seconds is pretty much sealed, but LeBron figured them 2 points and 40 seconds.

LeBron's ego has been hurting us pretty darn badly, only made worse by his lack of effort on defense.

We aren't IN the position where we need free throws to win if not for his play down the final 3 minutes when he was in "let me put my stamp on it" mode then followed by him checking out on both ends.

It felt so obvious to me that LeBron was trying to become the game’s leading scorer in what he perceived as garbage time.

Another blown possession was the one in which the Lakers got up by 13. Lakers were up 12 and on the break. LeBron takes a ridiculously difficult layup in traffic instead of dumping it to AD who was the trailer. AD would have had a clean slam and the Lakers would be up 14. Instead, LeBron misses one of two free throws. Next possession? He jacks up a 30ft three which leads to the east Tatum rebound and counter.

I think we aren’t prepared enough for how AD surpassing LeBron will affect him.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

rock0100 wrote:
“Boston Sucks”

Don’t mind me, im one of the stupid Laker fans at the arena.

I HATE fans that talk crap when we are up. Cheer loud as hell, but focus on our team winning not the other team losing.

Morons!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

Halflife wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Tbh- our 3 stars had blunders but they played well.

Playing well is pointless if you fall apart in Crunch time.. That's for the Clippers not the Lakers.

Not when you are inferior. We aren’t close to the Celtics. Their guys were coming off a game and managed to dig deep our guys bron and Ad were gassed. Couldn’t muster a few more minutes.

Excuses, excuses.. They made an amazing amount of absolutely awful decisions tired or not.. Zero excuses for this one imo.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate that we lost.
But man, that was a fun game.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerSD wrote:

The Lakers literally went on a 33-6 something run but yeah I agree, Celtics were without Williams and Horford, simply put the Lakers need to make changes to the roster to give life to the season
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Everyone still falling for the okie doke. I’ll repeat….This is a LOTTERY TEAM !…stop getting your hopes up. Believe everything you see and half of what you believe. They will lose 4 out of the next 5 games based on their schedule.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Polarbear wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:

And Westbrook should never taken outside shot in the final minutes. Everything should be going to the room with him or he should be setting somebody else up.

They just left him alone, and double AD and bron in the post. We need shooters period
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reaves disappointed a bit.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

so because C's were on a back to back we cant be tired in OT? The amount of energy it took for us to make the comeback and take the lead visibly took a toll on everyone on the team. Could clearly see they had nothing in the tank come OT.

AD should have done what people expect of a main guy. Make your (bleep) free throws and there would be no OT. Just like the philly game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
Everyone still falling for the okie doke. I’ll repeat….This is a LOTTERY TEAM !…stop getting your hopes up. Believe everything you see and half of what you believe. They will lose 4 out of the next 5 games based on their schedule.

I want to believe!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halflife wrote:
Reaves disappointed a bit.

Smart was too strong for him, he got 3 easy layups after bumping Reaves away.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

levon wrote:
MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Westbrook had the right idea going to the basket. Then jacked two threes we didn't need, after LeBron jacked a three we didn't need. Neither was going to AD till he got a three, then Westbrook decided to start going to the basket again and we got in striking distance.

I am tired of this excuse that LeBron jacks up dumb threes down the stretch because "he's tired". If he's tired he shouldn't be jacking threes in the first place.

You'd rather have who creating offense? AD's not going to be bringing it up and going to the hole against a packed paint. Whole lot of whining without offering solutions.

I'd rather when LeBron gets into "I'm gonna hog the ball and jack a three" mode, we get the ball away from him and start running the effective pick and rolls to Davis. That's what I'd rather happen than watching LeBron hold the ball knowing he's gonna launch a three and then not try on defense.

Boston's switching and Russ' man is on AD with 1.5 to double team coverage. Big wing remains on LeBron. Your move, MJST. Carry us home.

Defend this.

ArminNBA wrote:

Nothing more need be said.
Omar Little

Sorry to be occupied earlier. The troll sleeps with the fishes.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

TMG wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
Why did LeBron shoot a step back 3 when the score is tied....wthhhhhh

Because our dumb ass coach made him play like 15 min straight or something. Thats way too much for Lebron. He and AD looked great though. We deserved that W. I dont trust AD to hit free throws when the game is hanging in the air. Twice now he's fumbled.

Lets not blame that 3 pt on the coach. you have 15 seconds and take a step back 3. thats straight stupidity. How many times he took that shot and missed. its same story everytime.

Lebron was pretty bad last 3 or so minutes. He was jacking up threes. Sign of fatigue. He was visibly tired on both ends. Ham nearly played him and AD the entire second half. Thats not sustainable but we dont have the roster construction to be able to sit Lebron or AD comfortably.

But i think Ham found something in the lineup tht brought them back. Maybe build on that because our defense in the 4Q was amazing.

Hard to get mad at the team when i dont have any real expectations. We fought hard and showed character. Until trades are made it's hard to have any type of expectation.

Ham continues to play Lebron the whole 4th quarter is mind boggling to me tbh... 2nd and 3rd game now were up double digits in the 4th and he can't by him a couple minutes rest. When other teams make a run Lebron usually has nothing left to end the 4th quarter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36
Jump to: