View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Lakers were up 13 with 3 minutes 50 seconds left. LeBron, clearly feeling the game is over and looking to showboat, takes a deep, ill-advised three. This leads directly to a counter where Williams hits a three.

Then, to make it worse, LeBron inbounds the ball to Marcus Smart. Instant score. Lead down to 8 with a little over 3 minutes. Even if the Lakers didn’t score on that possession and the Celtics scored on the next, the mere fact that those two possessions would’ve wiped 30-40 seconds off the clock meant that the game would be all but over. Up 8 with 2 minutes and 20 seconds is pretty much sealed, but LeBron figured them 2 points and 40 seconds.

Worst regular season loss in a very, very long time.

LeBron's ego has been hurting us pretty darn badly, only made worse by his lack of effort on defense.

We aren't IN the position where we need free throws to win if not for his play down the final 3 minutes when he was in "let me put my stamp on it" mode then followed by him checking out on both ends.

It felt so obvious to me that LeBron was trying to become the game’s leading scorer in what he perceived as garbage time.

Another blown possession was the one in which the Lakers got up by 13. Lakers were up 12 and on the break. LeBron takes a ridiculously difficult layup in traffic instead of dumping it to AD who was the trailer. AD would have had a clean slam and the Lakers would be up 14. Instead, LeBron misses one of two free throws. Next possession? He jacks up a 30ft three which leads to the east Tatum rebound and counter.

I think we aren’t prepared enough for how AD surpassing LeBron will affect him.

Pretty much this. He switched off and felt he no longer had to try because the game was over. He was wrong.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Pat Bev and Ds should never play together....NEVER. pat Bev needs to stop playing.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Oh and the “Lakers were gassed” from the comeback is the biggest bull (bleep) when you factor in that the opponent is on the back end of a back to back.

Yeah except Lebron and Ad had to play almost the entire second half and OT.

Just not sustainable.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

It was a good effort, but we couldn't even take advantage of the Charles Barkley jinx.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It was certainly a fun game to watch with a sad ending
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

This was Bron and AD getting us back and no support to finish off Boston.

Russ tried but when in doubt the other team just gives him a 3.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Lakers were up 13 with 3 minutes 50 seconds left. LeBron, clearly feeling the game is over and looking to showboat, takes a deep, ill-advised three. This leads directly to a counter where Williams hits a three.

Then, to make it worse, LeBron inbounds the ball to Marcus Smart. Instant score. Lead down to 8 with a little over 3 minutes. Even if the Lakers didn’t score on that possession and the Celtics scored on the next, the mere fact that those two possessions would’ve wiped 30-40 seconds off the clock meant that the game would be all but over. Up 8 with 2 minutes and 20 seconds is pretty much sealed, but LeBron figured them 2 points and 40 seconds.

LeBron's ego has been hurting us pretty darn badly, only made worse by his lack of effort on defense.

We aren't IN the position where we need free throws to win if not for his play down the final 3 minutes when he was in "let me put my stamp on it" mode then followed by him checking out on both ends.

It felt so obvious to me that LeBron was trying to become the game’s leading scorer in what he perceived as garbage time.

Another blown possession was the one in which the Lakers got up by 13. Lakers were up 12 and on the break. LeBron takes a ridiculously difficult layup in traffic instead of dumping it to AD who was the trailer. AD would have had a clean slam and the Lakers would be up 14. Instead, LeBron misses one of two free throws. Next possession? He jacks up a 30ft three which leads to the east Tatum rebound and counter.

Pretty much this. He switched off and felt he no longer had to try because the game was over. He was wrong.

That Marcus Brown inbounds steal is on the same level as the Luke/Kwame own basket which ultimately cost us the game against the Rockets at the start of the 07-98 season.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

I think Russ had a lot to do with that run as well. Those blocks were awesome to see, but I guess I can’t be mad at him too much for missing wide open 3s(that’s our team’s specialty)
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Oh and the “Lakers were gassed” from the comeback is the biggest bull (bleep) when you factor in that the opponent is on the back end of a back to back.

The opponent's superstars are like 19.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The opponent's superstars are like 19.

This.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

LakersPimp wrote:
Pat Bev and Ds should never play together....NEVER. pat Bev needs to stop playing.

Such a huge handicap on that area specially in a guard driven league... This team has enough to compete. They need to make a move. It will do wonders if they just balance this roster out.

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Not to worry everyone, Pelinka just wants until the trade deadline to fully evaluate the team to decide if we should make a trade. There's still hope.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mad55557777 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

I think Russ had a lot to do with that run as well. Those blocks were awesome to see, but I guess I can’t be mad at him too much for missing wide open 3s(that’s our team’s specialty)

When he came in we made the run. Prior to that the Celtics had their biggest lead. Had Ad made one of those fts we probably win. Probably shouldn’t have had Russ in OT but bron and AD quit.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Ham's post-game was interesting. Didn't make excuses but was audibly frustrated.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

Bev Shroeder and Nunn should barely play and never any 2 of them together. Celtics had a field day in the first half with the easy looks they were getting.

The best teams in the league have a ton of wings. We need some badly
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CandyCanes wrote:
That Marcus Brown inbounds steal is on the same level as the Luke/Kwame own basket which ultimately cost us the game against the Rockets at the start of the 07-98 season.

Such a boneheaded play. By all.
1. Coach should have called a timeout before they could inbound.
2. Lebron shouldn't have inbounded it to Russ with Smart hovering.
3. Russ should have protected the ball.

Gifted 2 points without running the clock. So stupid!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TMG wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
Why did LeBron shoot a step back 3 when the score is tied....wthhhhhh

Because our dumb ass coach made him play like 15 min straight or something. Thats way too much for Lebron. He and AD looked great though. We deserved that W. I dont trust AD to hit free throws when the game is hanging in the air. Twice now he's fumbled.

Lets not blame that 3 pt on the coach. you have 15 seconds and take a step back 3. thats straight stupidity. How many times he took that shot and missed. its same story everytime.

Lebron was pretty bad last 3 or so minutes. He was jacking up threes. Sign of fatigue. He was visibly tired on both ends. Ham nearly played him and AD the entire second half. Thats not sustainable but we dont have the roster construction to be able to sit Lebron or AD comfortably.

But i think Ham found something in the lineup tht brought them back. Maybe build on that because our defense in the 4Q was amazing.

Hard to get mad at the team when i dont have any real expectations. We fought hard and showed character. Until trades are made it's hard to have any type of expectation.

Ham continues to play Lebron the whole 4th quarter is mind boggling to me tbh... 2nd and 3rd game now were up double digits in the 4th and he can't by him a couple minutes rest. When other teams make a run Lebron usually has nothing left to end the 4th quarter.

I knew Lebron wouldn't sustain the entire 4Q. At the 8 minute mark after the timeout when i saw Lebron was still out there i knew he'd have dead legs. Kudos to him he looked fantastic out there until the last 3 minutes. Crazy that ham couldn't even find 2 min rest for him or AD.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Yeah except Lebron and Ad had to play almost the entire second half and OT.

Just not sustainable.

Ad played all of 2nd half and ot without a break
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Russ is much improved and did well today. He’s just not a shooter.

I wish he didn’t make $47 million but he does and sadly that’s the only path to depth.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

Sometimes I imagine the looks Kobe would be giving LeBron when he's disengaged like that.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
Not to worry everyone, Pelinka just wants until the trade deadline to fully evaluate the team to decide if we should make a trade. There's still hope.

He’s waiting for the trade deadline in 2024.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rock0100 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Russ is much improved and did well today. He’s just not a shooter.

I wish he didn’t make $47 million but he does and sadly that’s the only path to depth.

He will be gone then we can celebrate bron making 50million dollars for 2 more years
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
MJST wrote:
levon wrote:
MJST wrote:
Westbrook had the right idea going to the basket. Then jacked two threes we didn't need, after LeBron jacked a three we didn't need. Neither was going to AD till he got a three, then Westbrook decided to start going to the basket again and we got in striking distance.

I am tired of this excuse that LeBron jacks up dumb threes down the stretch because "he's tired". If he's tired he shouldn't be jacking threes in the first place.

You'd rather have who creating offense? AD's not going to be bringing it up and going to the hole against a packed paint. Whole lot of whining without offering solutions.

I'd rather when LeBron gets into "I'm gonna hog the ball and jack a three" mode, we get the ball away from him and start running the effective pick and rolls to Davis. That's what I'd rather happen than watching LeBron hold the ball knowing he's gonna launch a three and then not try on defense.

Boston's switching and Russ' man is on AD with 1.5 to double team coverage. Big wing remains on LeBron. Your move, MJST. Carry us home.

Defend this.

ArminNBA wrote:

Nothing more need be said.

Like I said, a lot of whining with no suggestions. Now we're moving goalposts.

LeBron made mistakes, the team is offensively challenged in the halfcourt, Boston's got elite defensive players. We have to play damn near perfect to win, like in that Bucks game, and we almost got sent to OT in that one too. For every Bron and AD mistake, Tatum and Brown made their fair share. But the rest of their team isn't composed of 6 1 chumps. It's not rocket science.

Another example of this slim margin for error is the Clippers. The Lakers have played better than them across the year in aggregate. The impact numbers even bear this out. Yet they're many games ahead of us in the loss column, despite George and Kawhi being out so much.

Last edited by levon on Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

TDRock wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
Everyone still falling for the okie doke. I’ll repeat….This is a LOTTERY TEAM !…stop getting your hopes up. Believe everything you see and half of what you believe. They will lose 4 out of the next 5 games based on their schedule.

I want to believe!

And I wake up wanting to believe that I won the lottery the previous night…..
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

When he came in we made the run. Prior to that the Celtics had their biggest lead. Had Ad made one of those fts we probably win. Probably shouldn’t have had Russ in OT but bron and AD quit.

Quit? Lebron and AD helped sparked that monster comeback, and were dead by the end. It’s not like they had more to give and just didn’t.

We may suck but if the Philly game and this game shows….we are scrappy til the end. No lead is safe against us. We wouldn’t be able to make these comebacks if our leaders were “quitters”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36
Jump to: