*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics (12/13/22 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#27 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
This team is uniquely designed to yield these kinds of outcomes. I'm telling you, it's like an iron maiden for Lakers fans to the point where I'm starting to question if it's intentional. I wish I was 100% joking.

It's such a frustrating team. I was saying something similar prior to this game.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

LeBron a bit chippy.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the last 3 minutes again... Lebron and AD look gassed...

This is the 3rd game Ham cost us a game this year... He look lost out there and didn't know what to do when games get tight. He relies heavily on Lebron to bail him out.

Westbrook was useless out there closing out specially when Lebron was the one initiating the offense. While the man guarding him just sags off him to close out the paint on any Lebron drives or AD pick and roll... Ham should have took him out for Walker or a shooter.

Tatum ties the game... Ham don't call a timeout. Instead let an already gassed Lebron, who just put every energy he has left trying to guard Tatum bring the ball down fullcourt.

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

epic_ wrote:
slavavov wrote:
It's clear watching this game that we need one or two more pieces at the forward positions, but if we had them, we could be really good.

We're not an old team. In fact, we're a pretty young team overall. It's just that LeBron is almost 38 and needs more offensive support, both in terms of ball-handlers in the open court (which we may have) and 3-point shooters.

Troy Brown Jr. is a zero-impact player. When JTA comes back I'd give him a shot to take Brown's place. But we may need a PF more than we need a SF.

We seem to have the structure to be a very good team, if not a contender. We just don't have enough pieces.

I guess we saw different things. I thought Brown was good for us especially in the 4th. He was making an impact on defense. And as others have said, JTA is bad.

The PF you're thinking of is Gabriel. The Lakers have been worse since he got hurt.

Love Gabriel's energy and effort, but we need someone at that position who is a good 3-point shooter and isn't undersized in terms of weight and strength.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:
LeBron a bit chippy.

What happen?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Portland first time, Philly game, and today versus boston are three games that we should have won.

If Darvin calls a timeout after Grant Williams 3 dropping our lead down 10 we probably win this game. Instead Smart with the momentum changing steal and layup.

Lebron and AD were already gassed at that point playing basically a quarter straight. Fighting to erase Boston’s 20 point lead. A commercial timeout and even sitting Lebron for like an extra minute or so would of done wonders to closing out this game.

Hate to say it but Frank Vogel would have caught on that Lebron year 20 would have needed a recharge at that moment.
Darvin’s been great lately inspiring our team to play hard. Still don’t like the 3 guard lineup with Bev, Dennis, and Lonnie. Should be Troy Brown in there but I’ll still give credit to Coach Ham for this turnaround we are seeing with our Lakers. They are out there competing at least.

You forgot the Pacers game up by 17pts.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Championship teams don’t throw away the game when you have all the momentum, it’s happened like 6-7 times this season, AD and LeBron have to combine for like 60 points for us to have a chance, I really feel bad for them to a point were they shouldn’t stay after this season and both should demand out after the season is over
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Championship teams don’t throw away the game when you have all the momentum, it’s happened like 6-7 times this season, AD and LeBron have to combine for like 60 points for us to have a chance, I really feel bad for them to a point were they shouldn’t stay after this season and both should demand out after the season is over

Would that stop you from making crazy trade ideas for a while? Why should we feel bad for Bron and Ad when they were part of the reason we blow those leads?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Would that stop you from making crazy trade ideas for a while? Why should we feel bad for Bron and Ad when they were part of the reason we blow those leads?

AD in large part has been playing great basketball for a month now, LeBron has to carry the extra load cause the others on the team don’t offer any help.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

AD in large part has been playing great basketball for a month now, LeBron has to carry the extra load cause the others on the team don’t offer any help.

You are saying they should demand trade to other teams so they can be role players? They are superstars, and they should play like it in the clutch.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Portland first time, Philly game, and today versus boston are three games that we should have won.

If Darvin calls a timeout after Grant Williams 3 dropping our lead down 10 we probably win this game. Instead Smart with the momentum changing steal and layup.

Lebron and AD were already gassed at that point playing basically a quarter straight. Fighting to erase Boston’s 20 point lead. A commercial timeout and even sitting Lebron for like an extra minute or so would of done wonders to closing out this game.

Hate to say it but Frank Vogel would have caught on that Lebron year 20 would have needed a recharge at that moment.
Darvin’s been great lately inspiring our team to play hard. Still don’t like the 3 guard lineup with Bev, Dennis, and Lonnie. Should be Troy Brown in there but I’ll still give credit to Coach Ham for this turnaround we are seeing with our Lakers. They are out there competing at least.

I think Ham, Bron, AD, and Russ are as optimized as can be this year. The rest of this roster outside Reaves and maybe Wenyen is a complete drag.

Agreed.
There’s only soo much you can do with what you’ve got.
That’s why imo you gotta be extra attentive to the details.
Small room for error.

Vogel was really good with these little details that wins ball games but I’m still confident Darvin will catch on eventually. It’s literally his 27th game as a head coach
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Sure the Pacers game and I’ll even say the first time we played the clippers to add to our misery lol
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Sure the Pacers game and I’ll even say the first time we played the clippers to add to our misery lol

This team should be 15-12 or 16-11 if the team was more balanced... That would put us in 4th/5th seed... So frustrating as a fan, specially we all know what this team needs or lacking.

Westbrook is fitting his new role. Lebron and AD can still bring it... Only difference is that the rest of the roster are just too unbalance.

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

It’s clear as day the small 3 guard lineup isn’t working.

Lonnie and Dennis look limited to what they normally produce.
Pat offensively is just limited with whatever you put him out there with.

I get it losing Wenyen hurts our second unit but when are they gonna realize this small ball lineup doesn’t play to our strengths?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
It’s clear as day the small 3 guard lineup isn’t working.

Lonnie and Dennis look limited to what they normally produce.
Pat offensively is just limited with whatever you put him out there with.

I get it losing Wenyen hurts our second unit but when are they gonna realize this small ball lineup doesn’t play to our strengths?

Yup. We spot teams at least a dozen points per game playing bev/Shroeder/nunn at the same time. We went on a run as soon as we played our biggest guys…that is not a coincidence.

All of a sudden Tatum and brown aren’t shooting 99% when we put length on the court that could actually bother their shots in the 2nd half.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Just watched the last 3 minutes again... Lebron and AD look gassed...

This is the 3rd game Ham cost us a game this year... He look lost out there and didn't know what to do when games get tight. He relies heavily on Lebron to bail him out.

Westbrook was useless out there closing out specially when Lebron was the one initiating the offense. While the man guarding him just sags off him to close out the paint on any Lebron drives or AD pick and roll... Ham should have took him out for Walker or a shooter.

Tatum ties the game... Ham don't call a timeout. Instead let an already gassed Lebron, who just put every energy he has left trying to guard Tatum bring the ball down fullcourt.

Rookie mistakes. And it cost us.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers next 6 games

Nuggets
Wizards
B2B
@Suns

@Kings
Hornets
@Mavs Christmas Game

Next time We play the C’s is @boston 1/28/2023
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Next time We play the C’s is @boston 1/28/2023[/quote]

Hopefully it will be with some new players who can shoot and defend and we have shed some dead weight.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Hopefully it will be with some new players who can shoot and defend and we have shed some dead weight.

Thinking about this a bit more:

These guys lost two games in overtime to two of the easts title contenders (i know philly struggling but season still young), and beat another (bucks). Its hard to not look at that and wonder if indeed - with AD doing his thing - just one more reliable guy could be the difference.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject:

AD ran out of gas and missed both free throws at the end all because we had no depth. If we're going to continue to use AD this much, he's going to be spent by the time play-in/playoffs come around. Not sure if we could even make the playoffs. Just blow up the team. A two-man team isn't going to take us anywhere.

I feel for AD and Bron. They just had nothing left at the end. 46 and 43 minutes respectively. Ham thinks AD and Bron are still in their 20's or something.

The back-to-back had little effect on Foston's young guns.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Oh and the “Lakers were gassed” from the comeback is the biggest bull (bleep) when you factor in that the opponent is on the back end of a back to back.

The opponent's superstars are like 19.

Then let’s get younger as a team.

Do your (bleep) job and stop just looking for names. Anyone can pick names like Pat Bev or Melo.

The old excuse shouldn’t fly, and really it’s not that old. Last year was old…this year it’s LeGrandpa. If you want to say Russ and Bev are declining yeah sure but they aren’t old.
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
The Lakers next 6 games

Nuggets
Wizards
B2B
@Suns

@Kings
Hornets
@Mavs Christmas Game

Denver,Suns,Kings,Mavs are all losses. They’ll win 2 out of the next 6 games Wizards and Hornets
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36
Jump to: