Dodgers 2023 Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject: Dodgers 2023 Thread

aprevo15 wrote:
I think we need a 2023 Dodgers thread now.

There you go buddy...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

It's so haaaaard to say goodbyeeeee to yesterdayyyy-eeeeeeee!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

There you go buddy...

Hell yeah!!!! Thanks LBP.

ChickenStu wrote:

One of my all time favorite song. LOL Boys 2 Men were the (bleep) back in the days. Still are.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

There you go buddy...

Hell yeah!!!! Thanks LBP.

ChickenStu wrote:

One of my all time favorite song. LOL Boys 2 Men were the (bleep) back in the days. Still are.

They did well singing the national anthem yesterday! Just three of them now in the group, of course.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Deal Between Mets, Carlos Correa To Look 'Dramatically Different'

The expectation remains that Carlos Correa and the New York Mets will work out a long-term pact.

Correa's massive contract came into question over concerns with the shortstop's right ankle.

Ken Rosenthal reports that he assumes everything will get resolved this week, but the contract is expected to look "dramatically different."

KEN ROSENTHAL/THE ATHLETIC

Quote:
Sam
@TreIindor20

Ken Rosenthal on the Athletic baseball show: “I believe we get some sort of resolution this week” “I believe once the deal is done the Mets trade Escobar and do some other things to lower there payroll”

Quote:
Recap from a redditer who listened to the podcast:

- Rosenthal- Mets have leverage but no indication they want out of the deal. They are discussing an exclusion clause, the same type of language JDM/Pudge had in their deals.

- Rosenthal- Doesn't believe Steve Cohen will go "all the way with the hammer", believes they will trade Escobar and "do some other things" to help lower the payroll.

- Rosenthal- expects it to get resolved, insurance is part of the equation, if the Mets have issues with insuring that part of his [leg] that will be an issue. We expect it to get done with the Mets. Question is how is the deal different? How will this impact Correa's mindset with the Mets. They also want a happy player and they don't want to start off a long term deal with any contentiousness.

- Sounds like the expectation is the deal will still be roughly 12 years but with voidable years [if] this specific injury causes him to miss time. Didn’t imply it would be a far shorter deal in general.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: Rafael Devers, Red Sox finalizing 11-year, $331M extension

The contract is expected to fold in the $17.5 million salary Devers agreed to earlier this week to avoid arbitration and extend another 10 years beyond that, sources said.

At least they kept one.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

The contract is expected to fold in the $17.5 million salary Devers agreed to earlier this week to avoid arbitration and extend another 10 years beyond that, sources said.

At least they kept one.

All in on Shohei next winter.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

At least they kept one.

Is he going to be the first MLB player to get a 500 millions contract?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject:

I was reading an article about Piazza and there was this snippet in there. Didn't know this about 1988:

Quote:
The year 1988 was a magical one for the Dodgers and not just because it was their last World Series appearance.

The club also signed [Pedro] Martinez and drafted Piazza in June of that year (drafted Eric Karros and signed Raul Mondesi, too).

But letting both Hall of Famers get away is one of the reasons why the franchise hasn't been back to the fall classic since.

https://www.truebluela.com/2016/7/21/12221424/mike-piazza-hall-of-fame-weekend-bittersweet-dodgers
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Sigh, still no everyday CF, 2B/SS, front end SP, or Closer.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale

The Los Angeles #Dodgers have until the end of the business day on Friday to reinstate or release Trevor Bauer.

If they are unable to find a team willing to acquire him in a trade, they remain expected to release him. He is owed $22.5 million in 2023.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

At least they kept one.

Assuming he's healthy and maintains his dominant level, I'd think that this is a safe assumption.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

At least they kept one.

Assuming he's healthy and maintains his dominant level, I'd think that this is a safe assumption.

I wonder how many teams are willing to go to $500M for him?

Dodgers?
Mets?
Yankees?
Angels?
Red Sox?

Ohtani has double the injury risk as a 2 way player. The longest contract a starting pitcher ever got is 9 years by Gerrit Cole.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

At least they kept one.

I wonder how many teams are willing to go to $500M for him?

Dodgers?
Mets?
Yankees?
Angels?
Red Sox?

Ohtani has double the injury risk as a 2 way player. The longest contract a starting pitcher ever got is 9 years by Gerrit Cole.

He's such a high-wattage global superstar with such crazy on-field value that I think he shatters all the contract records. And unlike strict pitchers, if he did suffer some sort of arm injury, let's say, he still might be able to provide value as a hitter, as he did in the following year after his TJ surgery.

Now that we're over the pandemic in terms of it being a financial hit on the sport, we're seeing that the game is in really good shape economically. Bogaerts just got almost $300MM! I shudder to think what Ohtani will get.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/carlos-correa-in-contact-with-another-team-after-mets-hiccup/?utm_source=NYPSportsTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

^ yeah, I'm just wondering if $500M is the final winning bid or $500M is the starting bid with multiple teams willing to go there.

Judge got to $360M, seems like 3 teams were willing to go there.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject:

Here we are. January 6th. The decision on Bauer is supposed to be announced today and I can't believe it's going down to the last minute.

With them waiting so long to make an announcement, you have to think that trading him is their most-preferred option. Are they not getting any offers worth entertaining - hoping one comes? Are they just waiting until the last minute to see what the best offer is before taking it?

The suspense is bugging me. Keep him, trade him, or release him. I just want to know already!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Here we are. January 6th. The decision on Bauer is supposed to be announced today and I can't believe it's going down to the last minute.

With them waiting so long to make an announcement, you have to think that trading him is their most-preferred option. Are they not getting any offers worth entertaining - hoping one comes? Are they just waiting until the last minute to see what the best offer is before taking it?

The suspense is bugging me. Keep him, trade him, or release him. I just want to know already!

Yeah, it's silly to come all the way to the deadline, possibly 5pm today or so?

If they need more time to consummate a trade, they could always put him on the 40 man roster and continue to work on trades. And if they still can't find a trade partner, they can always release him before the season starts.

Today doesn't have to be a hard deadline if they don't want it to be.

Here are some twitter opinions today:

Quote:
Sara Sanchez
@BCB_Sara

The Dodgers just waiting until the last possible second to make this Bauer decision is pretty cowardly, IMO

Quote:
Ian Rees
@ianrees

“Trevor Bauer was never convicted! If the Dodgers release him I’m burning all my LA gear!”

Quote:
Amy Kaplan
@PhotoAmy33

After everything that's happened this week, I don't think I can handle the Dodgers announcement. I want to believe they will do the right thing but I'm just not so sure it's possible anymore.

Quote:
DΛVΣ
@DoyersDave

Are the Dodgers gonna post a thank you post if they release Bauer?

Definitely a polarizing decision.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

For sure! Whatever they decide to do with him, there will be fans/people criticizing the decision. Therefore they need to just make a decision that's best for them and their goal of winning another World Series. Personally I think he'd do more good than harm. Worst case is they could always trade/release him down the road if he isn't effective or is too much of a distraction.

They may just need to ask themselves if they're really ok with paying Bauer to help another contending team pitch against them. There will be criticism for allowing him back on the team, but if Bauer were to go to a rival like the Braves/Cards/Mets/et al and then help them win, the Dodgers organization would look quite the fool.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

They may just need to ask themselves if they're really ok with paying Bauer to help another contending team pitch against them. There will be criticism for allowing him back on the team, but if Bauer were to go to a rival like the Braves/Cards/Mets/et al and then help them win, the Dodgers organization would look quite the fool.

This is what irks me here. He'll most likely get scooped up by another contender and nobody will bat an eye.

And if he'll likely help that team and be a good teammate and cause no fuss, all while the Dodgers are paying him.

And we'll likely lose again in October for lack of hitting and pitching and all the pundits will criticize us for not having enough pitching when it matters most.

It sucks because I think we all know it'll probably go down like this as well.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:24 pm    Post subject:

^
At this point, I don't think there's much to add. For those of us who do not want him on the team and representing the Dodgers, yeah, I think we've made our position pretty clear as to why. If he goes to another team and helps them win, whatever, I can live with it.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Howard Cole
@Howard_Cole

There’s no 2:00 p.m. deadline for Carlos Correa, but there is for Trevor Bauer, and it’s all Correa on MLBN. It’s no coincidence, sports fans. #Dodgers

If it's a 2pm deadline then we have 30 min to go...

Quote:
Reds release Mike Moustakas with $22 million left on deal

Bauer for Moustakas? We owe Bauer $22.5M, they owe Moustakas $22M. We gain $500k under the luxury tax. They get Bauer back. We don't have to see him join up with one of the other contenders.

Actually, looking at spotrac, it might be a great deal. He only counts $16M against the CBT, so we'd be saving $6.5M on the CBT (if my calculations are correct).

Nope, looks like they DFA'd him on Dec 22, so we had to trade for him before they waived him. They waived him, he cleared waivers and they released him today. So I guess we can no longer trade for him now.

Quote:
Moustakas (calf) was released by the Reds on Thursday.

The 34-year-old was designated for assignment by the Reds ahead of Christmas, and he'll now hit the open market after he passed through waivers unclaimed.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin Wade
@KwadeSays

Dodgers Drop Bauer in Next 15 Mins Challenge

Can't believe we're actually going down to the deadline like it's the trade deadline.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Man accused of burglarizing Brewers clubhouse after a game

A man passed out in the bushes outside the Milwaukee Brewers' stadium after a game and, upon awakening, entered the team's clubhouse and stole electronics, a credit card, team memorabilia and other items, according to a criminal complaint.

The 25-year-old man was charged Dec. 14 with felony burglary, online court records show.

The complaint says the man attended a Sept. 8 doubleheader against the San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee's American Family Field, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. He said he drank at least 10 beers, passed out, woke up and got back inside the stadium by pulling on a door until it opened.

He found his way to the clubhouse and started taking stuff from the locker room, the complaint said. A team strength coach said items taken from his office included a laptop, iPods, headphones, a passport and a credit card.

A jersey and a shaving kit were taken from manager Craig Counsell's office, and an equipment manager said a game-used hat, an autographed bat, a 45-year anniversary 1982 signed bat, a replica World Series ring, and keys to the team's Arizona spring training facility were stolen from his office. Two game jerseys and a bag with baseballs and pitching devices were taken from the coaches' locker room, according to the complaint.

The man then ordered an Uber to take him home. His roommate told detectives that the man showed up early on Sept. 9 with a duffel bag stuffed with Brewers memorabilia, the complaint said. Investigators recovered most of the items from the man's apartment.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Wade
@KwadeSays

Dodgers Drop Bauer in Next 15 Mins Challenge

Can't believe we're actually going down to the deadline like it's the trade deadline.

It does make you wonder if a potential deal is being discussed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314  Next
Page 1 of 314
Jump to: