*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks (01/12/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#42 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Disappointing loss. Thought they might just pull off the win. Oh well.

Too many lapses and lost possessions from the beginning.

Lakers are the the epitome of the old saying “ bad teams find a way to lose”.

On to the next game.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
Not happy with this loss.... we've had too many of these...when you talk about goat...u think about these type of games...and the players who consistently will their teams to wins...

No 38 year old is willing their teams to victory on a consistent basis (especially as a 1st option)

Lebrons whole body of work determines his goat status…not some regular season games in his 20th season. His legacy is set, we’ve seen the majority of his career (not saying he is or isn’t the GOAT) Hes a year or 2 away from retirement, he has nothing to prove anymore.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

On to the next game.

I mean, to be fair, we're down 4 starters.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Darvin Ham says he wishes he had told the Lakers defense to blitz Luka Doncic and force someone else to take the final shot.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1613780255592050691?s=46&t=iraEZ-UBdRshgQsxoCygDA
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
How do you stand to feet away and not call that fouled to send Troy Brown to the free throw line to win the game?

How do you not call an obvious foul on LeBron under the basket that’s why he stop driving to the basket at the end of the game because the referees weren’t calling the obvious fouls

Agree on the brown three.

Bron didn’t get fouled on that drive at the end of OT. It was a clean block.

If anything he should’ve hit the floater

They even showed the replays of it you can plainly see that LeBron gets hit on the arm. What the (bleep) are you watching?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Darvin Ham says he wishes he had told the Lakers defense to blitz Luka Doncic and force someone else to take the final shot.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1613780255592050691?s=46&t=iraEZ-UBdRshgQsxoCygDA

Didn't he say this after that first Portland game too?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

On to the next game.

Don’t you mean bad teams missing for starters coming off of winning five games in a row something like that

They could’ve quit when they went down by almost 20 in the first quarter. They battled back to take the lead they should have won the game if the refs would’ve done their job.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Didn't he say this after that first Portland game too?

LG keeping receipts!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
Not happy with this loss.... we've had too many of these...when you talk about goat...u think about these type of games...and the players who consistently will their teams to wins...

No 38 year old is willing their teams to victory on a consistent basis (especially as a 1st option)

Lebrons whole body of work determines his goat status…not some regular season games in his 20th season. His legacy is set, we’ve seen the majority of his career (not saying he is or isn’t the GOAT) Hes a year or 2 away from retirement, he has nothing to prove anymore.

We were in trouble as soon as the game went into overtime because LeBron is a spending too much energy trying to keep the team afloat with all of these injuries. It is a testament to the team that they took it to two overtimes, and with a little ref help, the Mavs were able to pull it out.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

How many more learning experience before he actually learns?...
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Well, he is a rookie head coach. Do you expect it to be perfect?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
How do you stand to feet away and not call that fouled to send Troy Brown to the free throw line to win the game?

How do you not call an obvious foul on LeBron under the basket that’s why he stop driving to the basket at the end of the game because the referees weren’t calling the obvious fouls

They even showed the replays of it you can plainly see that LeBron gets hit on the arm. What the (bleep) are you watching?

https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/status/1613774513711513603?s=46&t=sqVy-A5JZzAEniVlZsq9vw

I thought Woods elbow hitting lebron on the way up was incidental contact.

With the way they weren’t calling anything the whole game I see why they didn’t call it.

But anways what the hell is your problem cussing at me? All I said was i didn’t think it was a foul. Don’t let your frustration at a game make you act like a (bleep) towards me. We’re all on the same side here.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/status/1613774513711513603?s=46&t=sqVy-A5JZzAEniVlZsq9vw

With the way they weren’t calling anything the whole game I see why they didn’t call it.

But anways what the hell is your problem cussing at me? All I said was i didn’t think it was a foul. Don’t let your frustrating at a game act like a (bleep) towards me. We’re all on the same side here.

Just because the refs are refusing to call contact to put the Lakers at the line, doesn’t make it not a foul that means that the refs are making a bad call

By the way, yes I’m extremely frustrated. Shouldn’t be taking it out on you.

Last edited by Polarbear on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

We only had 9 turnovers. Wow.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

But anways what the hell is your problem cussing at me? All I said was i didn’t think it was a foul. Don’t let your frustrating at a game act like a (bleep) towards me. We’re all on the same side here.

Just because the refs are refusing to call contact to put the Lakers at the line, doesn’t make it a foul that means that the refs are making a bad call

Ok I respect your opinion on it and agree to disagree.

Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Perfect no…but if us keyboard coaches can see what should be happening, then it’s inexcusable for someone being paid millions to not see it too
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I don't expect it to be perfect... But I do expect some common sense coaching from a NBA coaches. We been losing this type of games all year. You would just think he would show some type of adjustments.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

We lost this game in my opinion, because of the scoring droit we had in the first half

Is it really going to be that hard to bring in one more guy that is a point generator to help us through this?

Last edited by Polarbear on Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I don't expect it to be perfect... But I do expect some common sense coaching from a NBA coaches. We been losing this type of games all year. You would just think he would show some type of adjustments.

Let’s look at this from a realistic standpoint. If you start over playing Luca he’s just gonna throw the ball to somebody else like Dinwiddie.

We’re outgunned right now, literally four starters missing if you wanna get on him about one play in a particular game, then recognize all of the good coaching that he’s doing around it
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Let’s look at this from a realistic standpoint. If you start over playing Luca he’s just gonna throw the ball to somebody else like Dinwiddie.

We’re outgunned right now, literally four starters missing if you wanna get on him about one play in a particular game, then recognize all of the good coaching that he’s doing around it

Apparently it does not really matter what he does early in the game on a close loss game. He will be judged on what he did or not do during the closing minutes. That goes the same for players too.

There are clutch players, and clutch coaches... Ham has shown that his not there yet. I blame the end of regulation on him... I blame the OT on players. But it's been clear that he relies a ton on a 38yo Lebron to bail him out on tight situations. Lebron has not done that this season.

Ham had a chance to close out this game by making one right call. Lebron/TBJ had a chance to win it.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Bron a bit snippy in his post game. And blaming things on injuries and the lineup changes. Hmm

Welp. Gotta work tomorrow so... zzzZZZ
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Up 3 end of regulation... Mavs had no timeouts... Why not foul?

And why let Luka take the last shot? If Christian wood can make an open 3, I will live with it. Just have Wenyen double LukA…
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Ham had a chance to close out this game by making one right call. Lebron/TBJ had a chance to win it.

Ham missed 3 golden opportunities. Calling a timeout when their center goes down with an ankle injury? Smh

He blew it by letting Luka shoot a 3 at the end of the 4th quarter…and we find ourselves in the same exact scenario literally 5 minutes later and still doesn’t make an adjustment….another Luka 3. That’s just inexcusable. I get maybe the first time, but anyone with half a brain should’ve realized that letting Luka shoot a game tying shot isn’t ideal…minutes after he made one previously lol
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Ham missed 3 golden opportunities. Calling a timeout when their center goes down with an ankle injury? Smh

He blew it by letting Luka shoot a 3 at the end of the 4th quarter…and we find ourselves in the same exact scenario literally 5 minutes later and still doesn’t make an adjustment….another Luka 3. That’s just inexcusable. I get maybe the first time, but anyone with half a brain should’ve realized that letting Luka shoot a game tying shot isn’t ideal…minutes after he made one previously lol

I can see why Ham did not foul on that 2nd 3 as there was still 45+ secs left on the game clock... I don't know any coach who fouls up 3 with that much time left.

But my question on both game tying 3s... Why did Ham not double Luka during that time. Also both Scho/TBJ bit hard on Luka's drive when they both knew he was going to take a 3 at that point. If he drives then let him drive. You only surrendering 2.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:55 am    Post subject:

I had a feeling once it went to OT we weren't going to win. We don't run good offense; even when Lebron was doubled I noticed it didn't lead to open shots. Luka gets doubled, someone is wide open. Of course shooting woes showed up again: we shot 39% and 24% from 3 (yet we took 41 threes!!). Lebron and Schroder were 0-13 from 3. Ugly. After a string of really good games, Schroder is 6-26 last 2 games, and 0-11 from 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25
Jump to: