RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject:

he played like a homeless man's kawhi tonight
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

U setting up only urself for disappointment if you think he is even homeless mans kawahii
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject:

He played well tonight.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LeBron will elevate Rui's game big time. Lakers got a steal.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Rui can score. Now do I think he's going to be better than Kuz? Nah. I think that's exactly what his likely level will be, someone around Kuz (the Laker) level.

Agreed, but the difference between Rui and Kuz is that Kuz doesn't really have a bread-and-butter move or shot. He's like a jack of all trades (and a master of none) on offense.

Rui, on the other side, specializes in the midrange game in iso or post-up situations. We're also learning that he's good at running the floor and finishing on the fast break.

As Bruce Lee once said, fear not the man who practices 1,000 moves one time — fear the man who practices one move 1,000 times.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject:

It's not perfect but I can imagine Rui, Austin, and PatBev in our closing lineup. Problem is Ham see Russ as a closer by default and loves his 3 guard lineups.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:53 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
It's not perfect but I can imagine Rui, Austin, and PatBev in our closing lineup. Problem is Ham see Russ as a closer by default and loves his 3 guard lineups.

I’d definitely play DS over Pat Bev simply because he can drive to the basket and also lights out from the free throw line. Has been shooting 3s well too.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Rui can score. Now do I think he's going to be better than Kuz? Nah. I think that's exactly what his likely level will be, someone around Kuz (the Laker) level.

Agreed, but the difference between Rui and Kuz is that Kuz doesn't really have a bread-and-butter move or shot. He's like a jack of all trades (and a master of none) on offense.

Rui, on the other side, specializes in the midrange game in iso or post-up situations. We're also learning that he's good at running the floor and finishing on the fast break.

As Bruce Lee once said, fear not the man who practices 1,000 moves one time — fear the man who practices one move 1,000 times.

I think he has a higher ceiling than Kuz
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I really thought he forced Randle or whoever he was guarding into taking contested jump shots. Better defense than Troy Brown Jr IMHO. If he can take guard the 3/4 and we can upgrade the 2 spot with an above average shooter who can guard 1/2 I'd be happy with our midseason moves.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Love what he brings to the table for us. My only complaint is it seems like he always misses at least 1 free throw
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:16 am    Post subject:

I like the way as he can be swirchable as sf and pf. He's actually quicker than I thought.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:51 am    Post subject:

That is the sort of lineup (bare minimum) we ought to be playing. Nice to see the length we had against the Knicks. I also felt Dennis/WB are tolerable together if the other 3 dudes next to them are bigs or big wings.

Rui is a critical element to this season, whatever's left. As is TBryant. If we use them right, and AD/Bron play a lot more like last night, we still have a shot at getting into the play ins. Of course we also knew the team was gonna get up to play in MSG vs Knicks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:02 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
He said the Lakers are the most popular team in his native Japan. I'm certain he wore number 8 because of Kobe. If true, I also believe him choosing #28 represents Gigi and Kobe, which makes me like him even more.

Yup, called it. Rui is officially my new pet cat. Much like Ariza back in 2008. He may be just the marginal piece needed to move this team forward.

Loving his versatility. I watched him be strong enough to help hold Ju to 6-19 shooting. Then on a critical play in crunch time, be nimble/agile enough to rotate over to block Brunson's tear drop.

And he's still only 24. Listening to AD the other night telling him if teams don't double, don't pass - speaks to the team's confidence in him. Then last night Bron expressed his confidence in him as well at their presser.

I wanted Cam Redish, but Rui is better. Rob needs to lock this dude up long-term. He looks good alongside AD already.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

So he looked like Tobias Harris?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Did you even watch the game? He had 19 points, 9 rebounds and a great block shot. Not sure why people even bring up Kawhi, in other words, street clothes Kawhi. They aren't the same type of player.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

How about a Lamar Odom comp? Power Forward height and size who can dribble up the full length court. He can iso when needed, post up when needed, hit mid rangers, and even threes at decent clip.

He doesn’t have the “facilitator” skill set yet that Lamar had
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Did you even watch the game? He had 19 points, 9 rebounds and a great block shot. Not sure why people even bring up Kawhi, in other words, street clothes Kawhi. They aren't the same type of player.

i'm just messin around man, cuz somebody said he's a kawhi clone
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
How about a Lamar Odom comp? Power Forward height and size who can dribble up the full length court. He can iso when needed, post up when needed, hit mid rangers, and even threes at decent clip.

crazy how underrated LO is. Not saying he ever reached his potential but put him on this team. That wouldn't suck.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

crazy how underrated LO is. Not saying he ever reached his potential but put him on this team. That wouldn't suck.

Not LO, more like Kuzma
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
He said the Lakers are the most popular team in his native Japan. I'm certain he wore number 8 because of Kobe. If true, I also believe him choosing #28 represents Gigi and Kobe, which makes me like him even more.

Yup, called it. Rui is officially my new pet cat. Much like Ariza back in 2008. He may be just the marginal piece needed to move this team forward.

Loving his versatility. I watched him be strong enough to help hold Ju to 6-19 shooting. Then on a critical play in crunch time, be nimble/agile enough to rotate over to block Brunson's tear drop.

And he's still only 24. Listening to AD the other night telling him if teams don't double, don't pass - speaks to the team's confidence in him. Then last night Bron expressed his confidence in him as well at their presser.

I wanted Cam Redish, but Rui is better. Rob needs to lock this dude up long-term. He looks good alongside AD already.

He looked great. It makes you think how great Kuzma could have looked had he actually been given the chance and time to start and play next to AD and Bron as well.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Looking at Rui's body . . . it's different . . . dude has a lot more "angularity" than I thought - he looked more like 6'10" than 6'8" (long arms, I guess) - and moves like a more muscular Andrei Kirilenko.

At almost 25, most players "are who they're going to be" but this dude has the body to be a special player.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Yeah, Odom's biggest problem is outside of a few Championship years with us he just never really seemed to fully buy in and care about being great. His talent and potential was towards the top in the League and any night it wouldn't be a shock if he clearly seemed like the best player on the court but then the next few games he'd look like a mediocre role player going through the motions. I don't see the Odom comp at all but Kuz with a higher ceiling sounds about right.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

He doesn’t have the facilitator skills of LO as you mentioned or the rebounding of Lamar. So no.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

He looked great. It makes you think how great Kuzma could have looked had he actually been given the chance and time to start and play next to AD and Bron as well.

Kuzma's game would've never meshed with those 2. He needs creative freedom on the court and thats why he is flourishing in washington. he wouldnt have that luxury here. Rui on the other hand is a much stronger fit because his game is just so polished that he doesn't need to be high usage (like kuz and russ) for people to see his value, he can just find his spots and operate within the offense. With that said he is also a strong iso player with his back to the basket and would like to see him featured a bit more
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma was like a pre-injury Mo Taylor - great volume scorer on a poor team, but a mixed bag on a contender.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 31 of 93
Jump to: