RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Rui needs to play 30 minutes every night. He should only not be playing 30 minutes if he’s in foul trouble. He has enough length to be a disruptor defensively and is capable of those momentum changing fast break points.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
He’s been a disappointment overall

You get what you pay for

3 2nd rd picks was too much for him. He’s a scrub

Played 18mins only and never got a chance to be on BI because coach is useless
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Rui needs to play 30 minutes every night. He should only not be playing 30 minutes if he’s in foul trouble. He has enough length to be a disruptor defensively and is capable of those momentum changing fast break points.

He needs to do make more of an impact in the minutes he's been on the court though. He was 2-7 tonight.

He had played 28, 40, and 28 minutes in the previous three games. But he played better in each of them. He didn't shoot the ball well last game, but he did have 9 boards which helped keep him in the game. Tonight he didn't give them much, and he fumbled the ball multiple times. I don't think he has great hands. They are either small, or hard. Combine that with Brown hitting some threes in the fourth, and it kept him on the bench.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

He needs to do make more of an impact in the minutes he's been on the court though. He was 2-7 tonight.

He had played 28, 40, and 28 minutes in the previous three games. But he played better in each of them. He didn't shoot the ball well last game, but he did have 9 boards which helped keep him in the game. Tonight he didn't give them much, and he fumbled the ball multiple times. I don't think he has great hands. They are either small, or hard. Combine that with Brown hitting some threes in the fourth, and it kept him on the bench.

So I know this is a foreign concept to some but players have bad nights
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject:

He's averaging 12ppg 6rpg eFG53% and he is a scrub

Some people don't get the concept of averages.

These same people love Russell Westbrook.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

Of course. But check the bolded that I was responding to. He didn't earn his minutes tonight.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers aren't utilizing Rui in their halfcourt offense. He usually seems to just stand beyond the 3-point line waiting for a kick-out pass. They need to either post up him and have him cut to the basket when LeBron or AD have the ball, or maybe when Russ is driving to the hoop.

Rui cannot get his only points off 3-pointers and fast breaks, although he is good at running the floor and finishing on the break.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

Of course. But check the bolded that I was responding to. He didn't earn his minutes tonight.

It's hard to earn your minutes when they're so truncated, AND you're not being utilized properly on offense. There was a piece written about how the Lakers don't want Rui to "fit in", but to "fit out". Meaning that the Lakers want to feature him more, as opposed to him just waiting in the wings. Nice sentiment, but I haven't seen any evidence to support it.

If Pat Bev can go 1-8 in field goals, and still rack around 30 minutes a game, why not Rui? This goes back to Hamm's flawed decision making.

Rookie head coach, I know. But, flawed all the same.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

We traded for Rui, have young guys like Max on the bench, but Ham sticked with the starters for the entire 4th. If we are going to lose, at least let young guys get their experience
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Lakers aren't utilizing Rui in their halfcourt offense. He usually seems to just stand beyond the 3-point line waiting for a kick-out pass. They need to either post up him and have him cut to the basket when LeBron or AD have the ball, or maybe when Russ is driving to the hoop.

Rui cannot get his only points off 3-pointers and fast breaks, although he is good at running the floor and finishing on the break.

Yeah that's what I gathered from watching him today. They need to run some sets to get him open in the midrange, similar to the way the Pels do for Ingram. Ham should not value the 3 over the 2 if it means sacrificing Rui's skillset in the midrange, analytics be damned. He was a lottery pick for a reason.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

Rui is a role player. He’s not Lebron or Davis. He’s not going to give you 25 every night. What you want are those timely baskets. The ability to be a disruptor. Momentum changing fast break dunks. Brown was good tonight… he’s usually average, but it’s not a Rui or Brown choice. We need length on the floor.

You can’t expect perfection from role players. KCP wasn’t perfect every night, but he made those winning plays. I think Rui has a chance to have the same sort of impact. They are both good three point shooters. KCP is a better defender. Rui had more length.

Ham needs to play him. It can’t be 35 one night and then 15 the next. Ham needs to settle into a consistent rotation. What he’s doing right now is craziness and appears to be completely random on a nightly basis.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
The ability to be a disruptor. Momentum changing fast break dunks. Brown was good tonight… he’s usually average, but it’s not a Rui or Brown choice. We need length on the floor.

It sort of is a Rui or Brown choice though if they are getting the minutes alongside Lebron. Unless you are playing Brown at shooting guard. Rui is overall a better player than Brown, but he wasn't tonight.

Tonight Brown gave them 13/6 on 5-9 shooting and 3-7 from three, and he hit a couple of big shots in the fourth quarter. Rui gave them 8 and 5 on 2-7 from the field. Brown also wound up covering Ingram on multiple possessions, and maybe they felt he was better able to move his feet against him.

I don't have any problem with a coach sticking with someone who is being productive. In the previous three games Rui averaged 32 minutes per game. He didn't play a great game against the Pelicans, and Brown stole his minutes.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
We traded for Rui, have young guys like Max on the bench, but Ham sticked with the starters for the entire 4th. If we are going to lose, at least let young guys get their experience

I don’t know. The way I see it , there is a lot of politics at play here. They are not giving Rui enough touches that he deserve.

I am a lakers fan. Not LeBron, not Ad’. I am so disappointed.

I can’t wait until AD and LeBron is off this team.

Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:35 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I don’t know. The way I see it , there is a lot of politics at play here. They are not giving Rui enough touches that he deserve.

The word deserve is what he used … he doesn’t deserve anything. He’s not an all star, he’s not an all nba player, he wasn’t even beating Kuzna out for minutes or role. He doesn’t deserve anything … he has a lot to earn because right now he’s a failed lotto pick who got bought for second rounders
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:36 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
The ability to be a disruptor. Momentum changing fast break dunks. Brown was good tonight… he’s usually average, but it’s not a Rui or Brown choice. We need length on the floor.

It sort of is a Rui or Brown choice though if they are getting the minutes alongside Lebron. Unless you are playing Brown at shooting guard. Rui is overall a better player than Brown, but he wasn't tonight.

Tonight Brown gave them 13/6 on 5-9 shooting and 3-7 from three, and he hit a couple of big shots in the fourth quarter. Rui gave them 8 and 5 on 2-7 from the field. Brown also wound up covering Ingram on multiple possessions, and maybe they felt he was better able to move his feet against him.

I don't have any problem with a coach sticking with someone who is being productive. In the previous three games Rui averaged 32 minutes per game. He didn't play a great game against the Pelicans, and Brown stole his minutes.

There was a point tonight where he could have been creative. He could have went with Walker and Brown in the back court and Rui at SF which drastically changes the looks that CJ and BI get as they aren’t bigger like they were than Dennis or Pat.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:42 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

The word deserve is what he used … he doesn’t deserve anything. He’s not an all star, he’s not an all nba player, he wasn’t even beating Kuzna out for minutes or role. He doesn’t deserve anything … he has a lot to earn because right now he’s a failed lotto pick who got bought for second rounders

Disagree. Then why did the lakers trade 3 second rounders for Rui?

Rob Pelinka is smart. There has to be something that’s going on.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:55 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Disagree. Then why did the lakers trade 3 second rounders for Rui?

Rob Pelinka is smart. There has to be something that’s going on.

Because they would have wanted firsts for Kuzma

You can really tell people who don’t watch or follow the whole nba. Kuzma beat the guy out his starting role. Kuzma beat him out his minutes, his shots, his position, and out his money. He got had for seconds because he was a talent that was not good enough to start and get minutes over Kuzma or Porzingis and he was coming up for an extension and the wizards were going to pay the two guys in front of him who needed new deals.

He doesn’t deserve shots. He doesn’t deserve minutes. He is a talent and he’s young and he can earn those things, but he had a red flag in Washington when he let Kuzma out work him into all his role, money, and out the door because he was a lottery pick who “deserved something” when in reality he’s not a Lebron or AD type lotto pick. He has a lot more work to put in to earn his money, his role, and nba accolades
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:56 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

There was a point tonight where he could have been creative. He could have went with Walker and Brown in the back court and Rui at SF which drastically changes the looks that CJ and BI get as they aren’t bigger like they were than Dennis or Pat.

WAIT.

are you saying IT IS POSSIBLE TO PLAY:

PG.Walker 6"4 eFG .543 | Dennis 6"1 eFG .475
SG.Brown 6"6 eFG .529 | Beverly 6"1 eFG .510
SF.Rui
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

????????

We would be bigger and more efficient I don't think that is a good idea.

Remember that our main goal is to fast not to score efficiently
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject:

Agree with the posters about line up and Ham being lackluster….AD, Bron, Rui, Christie or Brown….and then which ever guard….every game the momentum shifts because Ham is stubborn about putting in small lineups…where we always lose leads and momentum….I think Ham can become a good coach BUT, he needs a decent former head coach on his bench….it’s such a bummer we didn’t get lue I think even with this roster with Lue we are probably in the middle group in the playoffs.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject:

They need to work on getting Rui the ball in places that allow him to be successful in the mid-range. He's very good there.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Rui has only ONE (1) turnover through six games with the Lakers.

Stat Line w/ LA: 26.8 Minutes per game

11.3 Pts (46% FG / 31.25% 3FG / 52% FT), 6.2 Rbs, 0.5 Stls.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I think once he get comfortable, and his role stabilizes (likely after the trade deadline), his shooting splits will improve. He has a good stroke and he shoots with confidence.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I went to the Knicks game, this dude is better than their youngins including RJ
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I was talking about this on Saturday night. Rui may have his shortcomings, but it's truly such a relief to watch a player who minimizes mistakes.

I know we're all scarred by the Westbrook experience, but still, it is always valuable to have someone who doesn't carelessly throw away possessions.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I think once he get comfortable, and his role stabilizes (likely after the trade deadline), his shooting splits will improve. He has a good stroke and he shoots with confidence.

Comfortable definitely is the key. It's not easy playing with new players, let alone the new players being James and Davis. What I'm hoping for as he get comfortable is more aggression. He's got the talent, but I'm not sure he's an assertive player.

It might be a significant reason Kuzma beat him for the position in Washington. Kuzma's numbers refelct that he's being aggressive, or more assertive. I'm hoping Rui will "show out", or be a bit forceful, as LeBron put it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 33 of 91
Jump to: