3 games are too much
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject: 3 games are too much

3 games with refs admitting incorrect calls that could have lead to Lakers win and would have given them a good position in the standings. Isn't it too much? smh

They should investigate this cause if not they're gonna continue doing it and will just admit it after with no consequences.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nbadaves/status/1619557879899357185?s=20&t=_RsY5iHo_brFldht1m8DhQ
Look how that ref called the foul on Pat bev, how far was he from the play and what was his initial reaction toward the play. Same ref missed the lebron call.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

I've never seen this too much blatant no calls or incorrect calls during crucial plays and crucial games (3 games now) on the same team in the same season during in a span of 1 month for in 30+ years that I am watching NBA. And they will just admit it like nothing is on the line.

If this is not to conspire for Lakers to not make it to the playoffs, I don't know what it is.

Last edited by leking006 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I've never seen this too much blatant no calls during crucial plays and crucial game on the same team in the same season during in a span of 1 month for in 30+ years that I am watching NBA. If this is not to conspire for Lakers to not make it to the playoffs, I don't know what it is.

I hate to admit it but that ref who called a foul on Beverly was way too far to tell if Beverly actually fouled brown. The ref under the basket didn’t call nothing and had a better view.

Being that was the same ref who missed the lebron call makes me think
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I've never seen this too much blatant no calls during crucial plays and crucial game on the same team in the same season during in a span of 1 month for in 30+ years that I am watching NBA. If this is not to conspire for Lakers to not make it to the playoffs, I don't know what it is.

I hate to admit it but that ref who called a foul on Beverly was way too far to tell if Beverly actually fouled brown. The ref under the basket didn’t call nothing and had a better view.

He was backpedaling after the follow and then blow the whistle.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

He was backpedaling after the follow and then blow the whistle.

he forgot that Boston still need 1 point to tie the game lol
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject:

there should be a rule that if a team is a victim of bad officiating that was admitted for that many games (3 games) that cause them a play-in spot, they must be given a wild card entry to the play-in. or at least Lakers should be allowed to protest those games.

1 game might be just a mistake, but 3 games?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
there should be a rule that if a team is a victim of bad officiating that was admitted for that many games (3 games) that cause them a play-in spot, they must be given a wild card entry to the play-in. or at least Lakers should be allowed to protest those games.

It is actually 4, but this will never happen. All lakers can do is to magnify these because all of them went against them, i will have faith in NBA refs until I see we got away with these calls. What do you think Mark Cuban would do? Jeanie is way too quite
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

It is actually 4, but this will never happen. All lakers can do is to magnify these because all of them went against them, i will have faith in NBA refs until I see we got away with these calls. What do you think Mark Cuban would do? Jeanie is way too quite

What is the 4th? I just remembered the games against Mavs, Sixers and Celtics.

But yeah that is quite amusing that all those games are against the same team.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

The kings game, that NUNN 3 at the end was an and 1 which would tie the game
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:12 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

The kings game, that NUNN 3 at the end was an and 1 which would tie the game

damn.. lakers can't really take a break, everytime they are closing in on that playoff spot, refs pulling them down.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I liked Van Gundy’s comments about the reason replay was supposed to be used was to get it right. How can they continue to not get it right in these cases. James getting fouled was critical to the game and obviously missed.

NBA has to get this right.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I liked Van Gundy’s comments about the reason replay was supposed to be used was to get it right. How can they continue to not get it right in these cases. James getting fouled was critical to the game and obviously missed.

not only for the game but also for their season, especially teams are only separated by 3 games from 6 to 12 spot
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

There is nothing the NBA can or will do. Otherwise it will open a floodgate that they don’t want.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

This complete and healthy Lakers with current lineup will be very hard to beat in a 7 game series especially with the way they are playing. They are too resilient. The best way to eliminate them is in the play-in. But looks like somebody doesn't want them to qualified even in the play-in.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Everyone knows how to play the Lakers in close games now. Rip their arms off because the refs won’t call anything.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Everyone knows how to play the Lakers in close games now. Rip their arms off because the refs won’t call anything.

And they will not until he takes that fine as a coach. Or that ejection and fine. Phil and Pop would eat that without a second thought but their guys would get calls after they called the refs out in the press or purposely got ejected.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:38 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

maybe the best way is for the Lakers to take advantage of this, because refs can't really afford to have this mistakes against the Lakers or else it will realy be an obvious rigged game. Now everytime there will be a close game, Lakers should always take it strong to the hoop, cause the might be in their favor from here on.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/maskedinla/status/1619535367618838530?s=46&t=nltTujJhOghNKFoHLeKMzg
DS also got a T for reactions, lol
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject:

It's so freaking frustrating just like what DS said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Basketball_SK/status/1619599612549165058
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject:

What is the record for an apology report that was given to a team in a season, what more in a span of 2 weeks? I dont think any team had gotten 3 other than the Lakers. smh
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:12 am    Post subject:

Craziest thing is the Celtics being 36-2 in the games Eric Lewis reffed for them since 2020 … I mean damn maybe draftkings and fanduel need to add ref names to the lineup too for the money line and spread betters
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:12 am    Post subject:

Jacyn Goble
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:56 am    Post subject:

As in the Kobe era, they'll have to beat the Officials as well as the Celtics.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject:

Lead referee Eric Lewis on the final play of regulation:

Quote:
There was contact. At the time, during the game, we did not see a foul. The crew missed the play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: