This Lakers team is a legit contender
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
levon wrote:
This Lakers team is middle of the pack offensively and slightly below average defensively. They're 24th in NRTG. To be a contender, you have to be in the top 10 in both ORTG and DRTG. I think they're a sneak into the playoffs and make noise type of team, and not much else.

yeah, because those advance stats are with brick and ham. I am saying they are a legit contender without those 2. Without them those advance stats will probably go up. Lakers are most of the time 4v6 on the court, as westbrook is a liability, add to that ham's 3 guard combination who did harm more than good.

With Brick and Ham and AD out, we had one of the league's best offenses and the worst defenses. In the beginning, we had a great defense and terrible offense. It might be possible for the Lakers to climb up to a top 10 offense and defense with an insane run, but it's more likely that this team is middling in both. This is about an average team 51 games in, with some close losses going against them or else they'd be .500 or a game or two over. Not contender tier.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject:

I don't think this team is a legitimate contender. They don't have nearly enough to win a ship. I think they'll get out of the 1st round.

I'm posting an admission. In game threads I post OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER!

I gave up on this years Lakers making the playoffs. I'm guilty of being what I called others, a BANDWAGNONER.

This Laker team is the scrappiest team I've seen in a long, long time. They NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER. They've been down and seemed to not have a chance and lo and behold they come back.

I can't remember the last time a Laker team had my heart racing the way this one does. I've sat shaking at the end of many games this season. I'm giving this team the moniker the 1980 Browns had, the Kardiac Kids.

I'm renewing my Prozac prescription.

GO LAKERS !!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

They could be but they are not...inability to close keeps them from being a contender...lack of defense as well. Small ball commitment from Ham also keeps them from being a contender.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Just not organized. The NO game reminded me of the final race in McFarlen USA. The Lakers were running at way too fast of a pace, you just knew they were going to burn out when they scored 100+ through 3 quarters. All of lebrons championship teams have been about halfway down the list in pace. We have an old star and an out of shape star, we need to keep the ice to a reasonable level.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:38 am    Post subject:

They're contending alright. Contending for a play-in spot.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Just make sure we get in, we'll see if Bron/AD respond in the playoff
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Just make sure we get in, we'll see if Bron/AD respond in the playoff

That's not the issue with this team. It's the FO and the coaching staff that have to respond.
Bron/AD have been responding for the most part, AD had a stretch of MVP-caliber games where he was just sizzling. Lebron's led the team without AD to several wins against good teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: