Westbrook is a good person, but a terrible player. Irving is a terrible person, but a good player.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject: Westbrook is a good person, but a terrible player. Irving is a terrible person, but a good player.

What’s more important? Character or rings?

“Who needs a soul anyway?” - Cousin Greg
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

How is Kyrie a terrible person? You seem to be brainwashed by the media.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't know that Kyrie is a terrible person. In fact, his history shows he's a pretty damn good person. Now... egotistical, ignorant, phony, selfish teammate? Maybe.

W.W.K.D. (What would Kobe Do).

Ringsss
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:

Lol you seem to think it’s okay to be anti semitic
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Meh. I was never a Kyrie fan, but I don't think Kyrie is any more terrible than the average person. A bit ignorant? Sure. It's just that social media is so much of a cancer today that everything is either "good" or "bad". The age of nuance is over, courtesy of twitter and mainstream media outlets looking for clicks.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie is a very good person in terms of what he gives to charity, activism, and everything else. You can argue misguided but he’s never done anything bad. He’s never gotten in trouble with the law. That’s a stupid ass thing to label him
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Westbrook is a good person, but a terrible player. Irving is a terrible person, but a good player.

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Id rather lose with dignity than win with that guy.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Oh, the anti semitic rabbit hole. Okay, if Kyrie is a terrible person for sharing a link that is on Amazon. Then that would make Amazon anti semitic since they hosted it.

They have 30% of the marketshare with regards to Amazon Web Services. You better boycot ESPN and Disney since they use AWS. Don't watch Netlfix or use Facebook either.

It's flawed thinking.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Westbrook is a good person, but a terrible player. Irving is a terrible person, but a good player.

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Care about on court skills
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:23 am    Post subject:

The point of competitive sports is to win. Though if a player is such a terrible person, then people might not be able to look past his character flaws. Take Mike Tyson for example, one of the most dominating boxers of all time but nobody cares about him because of his terrible character such as biting Hollyfield's ear and wanting to eat his children.

Kyrie has character issues but not on Tyson's level yet so I would still take Kyrie and a championship over the Brickster.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject:

Very evident that you thought of a catchy phrase, and thought making a whole thread about it was, shall we say, enjoyable?

That's cool, but Kyrie is not a terrible person. A gifted, spoiled (I say that without trying to judge him) priviledged athlete, who is looking at life through the lens of a priviledged athlete, who is also learning that everything he believes doesn't need to be shared with the world.

Label him what you want, but I try to look in the mirror a little longer at my own faults, so as not to be caught up too much with people who are smug in judging others because they're in the public, rather than in private where we all have our ish.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Very evident that you thought of a catchy phrase, and thought making a whole thread about it was, shall we say, enjoyable?

That's cool, but Kyrie is not a terrible person. A gifted, spoiled (I say that without trying to judge him) priviledged athlete, who is looking at life through the lens of a priviledged athlete, who is also learning that everything he believes doesn't need to be shared with the world.

Label him what you want, but I try to look in the mirror a little longer at my own faults, so as not to be caught up too much with people who are smug in judging others because they're in the public, rather than in private where we all have our ish.

We're fortunate the vast majority of the Kobe/Shaq controversies took place before social media exploded. They'd be toast today. Kobe lost a fair share of his endorsements during the Colorado trial, but was able to rebuild his image as the facts emerged. He had space and time to navigate through it, not to mention the benefit of the doubt from most of his peers/fans. None of that would be afforded to him today. Shaq said some racist and vile comments towards Yao, but he's a "big teddy bear", so no one cared. I understand people see athletes as role models, but expecting perfection from them is shortsighted.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject:

i don’t think it’s fair to call Kyrie a bad person just because he believes in something that echoes conspiracists. In fact, can we call 30% of Americans bad persons because they believe the conspiracists? People like Alex Jones are evils and brainwash people.
I’d be willing to give Kyrie a chance, we all gave Kobe one.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Westbrook is a good person, but a terrible player. Irving is a terrible person, but a good player.

ocho wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Id rather lose with dignity than win with that guy.

So you would have supported everyone who hated Kobe and didn't want him on the team?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:

Amazon should not have hosted it. Two wrongs don't make a right. From the book promoted by kyrie

"The Americans] plan on moving these false white Jews into a state of Israel. Because the white Jews know that the Negroes are the real children of Israel and to keep America’s secret, the Jews will blackmail America. They will extort America, their plan for world domination won’t work if the Negroes know who they are."

Yeah not promoting Jewish hate at all... This is the type off belief that led to 6 million Jews being sent to death camps.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Amazon should not have hosted it. Two wrongs don't make a right. From the book promoted by kyrie

"The Americans] plan on moving these false white Jews into a state of Israel. Because the white Jews know that the Negroes are the real children of Israel and to keep America’s secret, the Jews will blackmail America. They will extort America, their plan for world domination won’t work if the Negroes know who they are."

Yeah not promoting Jewish hate at all... This is the type off belief that led to 6 million Jews being sent to death camps.

Then don't watch another nationally televised Laker's game hosted on ESPN since they use AWS.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Then don't watch another nationally televised Laker's game hosted on ESPN since they use AWS.

Dude you can just say it’s wrong. You won’t burst into flames. You don’t have to whatabout or contort. Just look at this clearly wrong thing and just say it’s wrong. You’ll feel better.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject:

IB4L

Labeling Kyrie as a terrible person minimizes some very valid issues:

1 - Palestinian Arabs are Semites, too, strictly speaking,
2 - The issues the Black Israelites raise (I'm not one, BTW) are not anti-Jewish, but anti-State-of-Israel, stemming from:
- the tremendous amount of racism towards Black Jews in Israel, even though Ethiopian and southern African Jews often have more Jewish DNA than European Jews,
- worldwide concern that many people (including Israeli citizens) have regarding the categorization of Palestinians as sub human by the Israeli right wing - [I was at a pro-Israel faction meeting where the organizer (Jewish American) referred to the Palestinians as n*****s. Being Black, I got up and walked out]
- The blank check that Israel has to commit acts for which we condemn other nations (including spying on the USA and stealing technological and military secrets with near impunity).

[Before I'm labeled as an anti- XXX, I donated $1,500 to the Jewish Federation last year].

Now, if you want to categorize Kyrie as misinformed, I buy that. If you want to say he has psychological or emotional issues, I can get with that. But just like I don't condemn Jerry Jones for attending a White Supremacist meeting which he claims he attended out of ignorance, I don't condemn Kyrie for posting a link to a sketchy movie.

Now Kanye? You can wrap that MF up in a Nazi flag and lock his Hitler loving ass up. But I think there is a divide between what Kyrie linked and being anti-Jewish.

He hasn't (to my knowledge), slapped around baby mommas, set a bag of kittens on fire or taken money from families on welfare for speeches he never made. Let's chill on "He's a terrible person."
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Dude you can just say it’s wrong. You won’t burst into flames. You don’t have to whatabout or contort. Just look at this clearly wrong thing and just say it’s wrong. You’ll feel better.

Pointing out flawed logic isn't contorting anything. I don't feel anything but humor. Selective outrage will forever be hilarious to me.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

We live in a society where a virus and mathematics are considered "racist". When everything is racist nothing is racist.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie has a relationship with the media like Kareem did. That hurts him in this social media age. 20 years ago Shaq went through something similar because of his relationship with Minister Farrakhan.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
ocho wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

Pointing out flawed logic isn't contorting anything. I don't feel anything but humor. Selective outrage will forever be hilarious to me.

I suppose if you never condemn anything you’re free to excuse everything. It’s sociopathic, but it does create opportunities to feel good about acquiring scummy basketball players.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

We should try and get Jordan Clarkson instead, get some good vibes going
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
ocho wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:

I suppose if you never condemn anything you’re free to excuse everything. It’s sociopathic, but it does create opportunities to feel good about acquiring scummy basketball players.

There is nothing to condemn Kyrie for He's not a terrible person, nor is he scummy. All I did was point out the hypocrisy of continuing to use Amazon products since they are hosting and profiting off of content that you claim is anti semitic, which I find hilarious.

I'm pretty sure Kyrie apologized, and had to complete various tasks before he could play for the Nets again, so what is the issue? The "worst" thing Kyrie has done as a basketball player is ask for a trade He's had plenty of charitable contributions (which the media is completely silent about btw) which renders some of the labels and title of the thread ridiculous.

Apparently, I'm not supposed to want a HOF level championship proven point guard on my basketball team because he did one bad thing off the court that he already apologized for, and is being compared to the worst humans of society such as murderers, rapists, and hardcore criminals (People who I would consider scum, a word that you used not me )

Comedy
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject:

Actual wild takes in here lmao

Kyrie is not a 'terrible person' and Russ is not a 'terrible' player.

All Kyrie did was link a picture of a movie that had an incredibly small part about questioning how many were killed in the holocaust. The overreaction was actually insane and just driven by the media for clicks. Tsai tried to ruin this mans career over it but no one cares that it's still up on Amazon being sold right now for profit but Kyrie is the bad guy because he posted a picture of it on his IG story? Lol. The ironic thing is the message of the movie is that modern day blacks are Jewish descendants of Shem so his entire point was how can he be anti-semitic, that's what he was saying when he said "how can I be anti-semitic if I know where I come from".

And even if you disagree with all of the above how does this lead to him being a terrible person? People are allowed to be wrong, you can have disagreements, you can have differences in ideologies but to bash someone as a terrible person because of that is immature af.

Saying Russ is a terrible player is also just ignorant, he's in the top candidates for 6moy in the NBA how is that terrible? Worst you can say is his contract is way too big for his performance but to say he's a terrible player is wild.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: