I’m done watching this team
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: I’m done watching this team

Someone DM me when they can put together a string of 4-5 wins in a row.

Im tired of:

-Seeing teams go on 20-2 runs without Pockets calling a time out

-Vando, Reddish and Prince on the floor at the same time

-Not having a real offense or any kind of set plays, and guys just freestyling out there with LeBron pick and rolls over and over again

-Looking strong in certain games(Pacers/Thunder) while looking like the Pistons against teams like the Spurs and Bulls

-Wood playing in slow motion and having the basketball IQ of a Turkey

-Hayes getting any kind of minutes on the floor

-DLO not paying attention to his man on the floor, and his man getting an easy layup or an open 3

-Seeing AD and LeBron giggling out there with our opponents while we’re down by 10 in the 4th quarter with less then 5 minutes left in the game

What else am I missing?

Last edited by george w kush on Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LeBron doesn’t care said it early on, he cares more about what’s happening with Bronny and USC and he’s waiting at first glance to get out of LA if his son gets drafted by a NBA team, this Organization needs to tear this roster down but they won’t do it until the season is over unfortunately

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Don't half-ass it.

You're done watching the team -- that's a whatever.

Announce that you are done posting on LG.

That's something we can all support.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

See you next week
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:41 am    Post subject:

I’m gonna still watch and care but it doesn’t mean as much anymore . Wish our culture lead to more urgency
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:28 am    Post subject:

I feel like stopping but I still watch the first half which is miserable most nights.

We need a mee coach. We have no identity and it is frustrating.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:28 am    Post subject:

I feel like stopping but I still watch the first half which is miserable most nights.

We need a mee coach. We have no identity and it is frustrating.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron doesn’t care said it early on, he cares more about what’s happening with Bronny and USC and he’s waiting at first glance to get out of LA if his son gets drafted by a NBA team, this Organization needs to tear this roster down but they won’t do it until the season is over unfortunately

Sure LeBron cares about his family, but make no mistake about it LBJ want to win each and every game. Everyone wants to win, losing is never fun.
However, I agree that eventually something has to change (hopefully sooner than later).
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sure LeBron cares about his family, but make no mistake about it LBJ want to win each and every game. Everyone wants to win, losing is never fun.
However, I agree that eventually something has to change (hopefully sooner than later).

If our FO wasn't changed, then any changes made would be like no change at all.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Doubt he will get drafted by an NBA team if you watch him play.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject:

4-5 wins?

How about 4-5 good possessions on offense?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject:

Been done since the Spurs loss, surprised I’m even wasting time talking about them. I still like you guys tho…and LG can be a therapeutic outlet for release of frustrations…so I’m still lurking 👀 lol!

In a way, by still posting I’m still partaking in the product but that’s only indirectly. I’m no longer a direct active participant in the Lakers as an entertainment option. Sure, after 40+ years perhaps I won’t be able to stay away permanently but I reject the product for now since it is below the acceptable minimum standards of quality.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Don't half-ass it.

I feel ya AVerb, I do. Most of my 40+ years would have me despise my stance as a bandwagon fair weather quitter. You live long enough as a hero to see yourself become the villain. Die Hards that stick through thick and thin are admirable and that used to be me. Protesters boycotting watching to demand excellence could be too and that is what I am now. I can’t say I’m doing what’s best, just frustrated beyond belief.

I have been able to stop watching and understand that should accompany not posting too. I just haven’t been able to watch and haven’t been able to stop vent posting tho. If you can overlook it fine, if not I understand.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

I hope we’re not gonna make a new thread for every poster complaint, I do it in free agency thread
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Don't half-ass it.

I feel ya AVerb, I do. Most of my 40+ years would have me despise my stance as a bandwagon fair weather quitter. You live long enough as a hero to see yourself become the villain. Die Hards that stick through thick and thin are admirable and that used to be me. Protesters boycotting watching to demand excellence could be too and that is what I am now. I can’t say I’m doing what’s best, just frustrated beyond belief.

I have been able to stop watching and understand that should accompany not posting too. I just haven’t been able to watch and haven’t been able to stop vent posting tho. If you can overlook it fine, if not I understand.

I've been a fan longer than most people here have been alive.

I see nothing better or worse about being a die-hard fan or a bandwagoner. The NBA and the Lakers are nothing more than entertainment, so whatever brings someone the most entertainment is fine.

I was just tweaking the OP's self-absorption and need to start a thread just to announce he wasn't following the team when no one cares whether he follows the team or not except him. It's on the level of me starting a thread to announce I changed my dental floss.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

I'm with you.

I refuse to watch millionaires half ass, and produce a lazy product.

I have better things to do with my time.

When they start winning I might tune in again.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject:

Putting aside the Lakers woes, the NBA is a terrible product at the moment. I don't think anyone will dispute how putrid the officiating is at the moment. Don't believe me? Just watch Embiid or Shai on league pass. They set a terrible precedent foul-baiting tactics they use to draw fouls and get to the line. People get on Reaves for doing the same, but he is just taking advantage of the new meta, where offensive players initiate all the contact and have all the leverage. Why does the NBA refuse to allow players to play defense? This is not the same product it was 10-15 years ago. Artest would be fouled out in the first 5 minutes if he played in today's era. It stinks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

Stating that the league is a poor product and then referencing subscribing to league pass are contradictory. But I agree that the league is less watchable since Silver took over from Stern, I’ve gone from watching every game to checking scores ever since the COVID shut down. That Disney tournament really soured me, at least the NFL had the balls to strap it up and just play.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Stating that the league is a poor product and then referencing subscribing to league pass are contradictory. But I agree that the league is less watchable since Silver took over from Stern, I’ve gone from watching every game to checking scores ever since the COVID shut down. That Disney tournament really soured me, at least the NFL had the balls to strap it up and just play.

Some people use VPN and pay 3 bucks a month. Lots of people watch it for free. Not saying that I'm one of those dudes, but I don't blame them for not supporting a (bleep) product.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

It's just such a poor experience to watch. Some years your team is so uniquely bad in the most irksome ways, and we've got the perfect combination this year. Really reminds me of the year before last for Boston. They hated their team before that big run.

And yeah, the league product is substantially worse as a whole now.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject:

What'd you mean? Job's finished: we hung an IST banner. Two totally meaningful potato chips (that totally count) in 3 years
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Putting aside the Lakers woes, the NBA is a terrible product at the moment. I don't think anyone will dispute how putrid the officiating is at the moment. Don't believe me? Just watch Embiid or Shai on league pass. They set a terrible precedent foul-baiting tactics they use to draw fouls and get to the line. People get on Reaves for doing the same, but he is just taking advantage of the new meta, where offensive players initiate all the contact and have all the leverage. Why does the NBA refuse to allow players to play defense? This is not the same product it was 10-15 years ago. Artest would be fouled out in the first 5 minutes if he played in today's era. It stinks.

I bet for a lot of fans it was load management. Imagine buying tickets for an NBA game (which is pretty expensive these days with how much they are getting paid) and then realizing they are taking a couple of games off...that would turn you off to the product in a bad way.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:

People have been complaining about NBA officiating since before I was born, and I suspect they'll be complaining about it after I am in the ground. My opinion is that -- in an era where people can review videos of call frame by frame -- the opinion that referees are completely incompetent will never change. I am of the belief that human beings simply can't officiated the games in a way that will satisfy anyone. Such is life.

The style of play has varied in different eras, and you'll get all range of opinion about which style is better or worse. That's all very eye of the beholder.

Now whether interest in the NBA is declining is a different and more complex issue. Ratings are down, but it's hard to decipher how much of that is because of interest and how much of it is due to changing viewing habits and broadcast models.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I've been on the Buss since 1960 and plan to ride it till the wheels fall off. I've seen the GOOD the BAD and the UGLY but never considered abandoning ship. For those who're done watching this is a quick way to the exit. ---------->

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Yep. See you on Weds
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: