*Official Lakers @ Bulls Game Thread*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

kobe made the mistake of tryign to get everyone envolved in the 3rd, he wasn't even lookin for his shot until the bulls got back in the game, then he started doign the shooting kobe,

Seriously Kobe needs to find that happy medium, it's not trust your team when things are going great, then don't trust them when it goes bad.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

ajaxxx wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
Lamar = MORE important than Kobe on this team. There, I said it.

your nuts if we had lamar and no kobe we would have got killed for sure.

sure you really mean this ... sure you do
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
24isjoking23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Phil will start bynum next game.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

"We just gotta learn to defend without Odom."

Cook/Radman/Luke getting major minutes together. Mo Evans can't defend anyone. Bynum fouls. Kwame can't defend anyone but the Elites. Parker/Farmar can't defend Points.

Yeah. We'll learn to defend without Odom. When I put my P&G goggles on.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Kobe 6-19
ROT 30-57

Bulls shot 50%.

Two very sad stats. We really need to improve ... the Lakers have now lost 3 of the last 4 games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I thought during the offseason we were supposed to get some actual TALENT..thanks a lot MITCH
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject:

No way not having Odom can be the excuse tonight. They were up by 11 point at one point . Bad defense , kobe being cold , Evans acting stunted , piss poor defense by both Farmar and Smush , ugly layup miss by Kwame , bricked open shots , bad free throw shooting , no passion in getting rebounds , phil keeping kobe on a bench for extended time in the 4th , kobe fouling out even though he really didn't do anything , Not playing Hack a Ben Walllace , Puke remerging (I hope its temporary) , no Turiaf . I hope somebody slaps every single one of them including Phil.
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ajaxxx wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
Lamar = MORE important than Kobe on this team. There, I said it.

your nuts if we had lamar and no kobe we would have got killed for sure.

You do realize Lamar was the guy who led the way against the Bulls last game, correct? It was him, who led the team in scoring(23) to go along with 10 rebounds. He also, held the guy that killed the Lakers tonight to 5-16 shooting. Maybe you should give Lamar, a little more CREDIT for his play. I think, the Lakers would of won with Lamar and no Kobe, but that is my opinion. You think the opposite, but I do not think you're nuts for thinking that.
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Well, I've been watching how Kwame defends the pick-and-roll since he came in and how he's so much better than Bynum, and well, basically, it has little to do with slow recovery. There were three instances in which the Bulls tried to run a direct pick-and-roll. One was when Gordon attacked right down the middle, Kwame switched(although he had no choice) and contested, and Gordon missed.

Another instance Gordon tried to sidestep a screen and popped a jumper, Kwame stepped up and contested the jumper fairly well. But that's really nothing different from what Bynum does. It's just that the Bulls didn't run the particular play against Bynum this game.

Finally, on the play where Bynum got burned repeatedly, i.e along the baseline, what happens is that Kwame "already" stood in front of the guard(whereas Bynum waits till he penetrates and then help.) This allows our guard to recognize and have time to switch to the big(but then, in this case, another guard from the weakside cut and scored anyway).

IMO, it's more the fact that the Lakers have more options with Kwame(such as switching) than the fact that Bynum can't recover, because if Kwame tried to defend it the way Bynum does, he'll pretty much reach the same result. In addition, Kwame is much more active offensively, that makes him a better impact player, for now.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I look for Kobe to be out for blood tomorrow. No way he plays like this two games in a row. Hope he makes Minny pay the price!
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Why isn't Kobe able to destroy a player 4-5 inches shorter than him? Shud be able to hang 40 on em every time.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
I thought during the offseason we were supposed to get some actual TALENT..thanks a lot MITCH

We have but the Lakers are also missing a big piece of the team that makes it all work together.

That being said, up that much with that amount of time left - Lakers should have won this game. Two reasons. No defense by the entire team and Kobe was horrible shooting % wise.

I look forward to Kobe going for 40+ tomorrow and stealing a game against Minny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

We need Kobe playing MVP basketball to win.. we are screwed if he has any more of these types of games this month.

If he can't lead his team to at least .500 basketball this month with LO out, it only further fuels the argument that Kobe is not capable of leading a team consistently.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Some of that rookie is starting to show, again, in Drew... Some ill-advised shots... Already trying to get the limelight??... Still, there were times, when Drew really shone bright.

I don't know what's wrong with Farmar... I don't know if he's cruising, or what... Seems like he could be a lot better... He looked better, when we first saw him. Sometimes, it looks like he's unwilling to turn it up, to the max, when it counts. Of course, it doesn't help, if Luke tries to rocket passes at Jordan, in traffic, expecting Jordan to be Superman!

There was some improvement, in anticipation, but I also saw things, like Mo Evans, just standing in the corner, while Luke was obviously jacking up a miss, that needed to be cleaned up. We aren't playing together enough. This team has to be like those Laker Teams, of the past, that played as one.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

"We just gotta learn to defend without Odom."

Cook/Radman/Luke getting major minutes together. Mo Evans can't defend anyone. Bynum fouls. Kwame can't defend anyone but the Elites. Parker/Farmar can't defend Points.

Yeah. We'll learn to defend without Odom. When I put my P&G goggles on.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobe started the game off playing defense and then seemed to slowly quit playing any at all. His shot was off which made his shot selection even worse......get closer don't settle for 3's. I thought he still moved the ball around well it's just no one other than Smush could make a shot either.

Defensively Luke and Vlad kill us. We want our bigs to show on screens but they are getting zero weakside help.

Kwame had a good garbage game. He wasn't doing much scoring on his own but he was finding seams and getting offensive putbacks.

Truth is until Odom returns this team lacks the athleticism to play decent defense. *Cough* Drafting Rush over Prince *Cough*
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
We need Kobe playing MVP basketball to win.. we are screwed if he has any more of these types of games this month.

If he can't lead his team to at least .500 basketball this month with LO out, it only further fuels the argument that Kobe is not capable of leading a team consistently.

Don't even start that ... Lakers should have won this game. They were up big at one point. They have no sort of defensive consistency as a team. This is the biggest concern for me. What I think Kobe might want to do, is become Pippen for a while. You know not focus on offense much - play a balanced game but focus on defense.

My god they need his D right now ... it's just sad how many breakdowns we have. Despite being long and athletic, I question the defensive knowledge of this team trumendously.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
I look for Kobe to be out for blood tomorrow. No way he plays like this two games in a row. Hope he makes Minny pay the price!

Shouldn't Kobe been out for blood TONIGHT after whining about Areans lighting him up for 60? These Kobe excuses are getting as lame as teh "REFS COST US THE GAME" ones.

Last edited by Klassix on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:

But we'll "learn to defend" right? Just like the Kings were going to learn with their athleticism and length. Correct?
NBAFan07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

Shouldn't Kobe been out for blood TONIGHT after whining about Areans lighting him up for 60? These Kobe excuses are getting as lame as teh "REFS COST US THE GAME" ones.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What I think Kobe might want to do, is become Pippen for a while. You know not focus on offense much - play a balanced game but focus on defense.

That is exactly what I've been asking.. as our best defender, if he doesn't show up, we are screwed.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

We played like (bleep).
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

What's disturbing, is that we seem to keep reverting to that team, that can be upset, as soon as an opponent really starts applying the pressure... We were sputtering along, like a nice Sunday stroll, and the Bulls just, OH, MY GAWD, decided to step it up... I wouldn't be surprised, if Ben Wallace was the one, that alerted the Bulls, on how to disrupt the Lakers... :roll: Know what I mean, Vern??...
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

The Bulls went, from looking like that flakey, fall-guy team, that always gets jacked, by the Globetrotters, to looking like a herd of banshees, loosed from, you know where... We just folded, and began to look like corn flakes, left in a bowl of milk too long...
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Huh. I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like defese was again the biggest culprit. That, and clanked layups/freethrows. Guess I'll know more tommorrow night when I watch it after the Minny game.

Jake Speed, 1986
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: