To LG mods and members of LG

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: To LG mods and members of LG

Going through this season I have come to notice a very bad trend going on in the forum especially during the Game Updates. Certain posters are starting conflict with other lg posters and this is leading to smack talk and personal attacks.
I came on to this forum to talk about laker basketball. For the trolls and posters that are starting conflict on the forum please take your crap someplace else and leave the people who take these games and this team seriously.
I bleed purple and gold and yes I get pissed when we play like crap but theres no need to start crap with one another or berate a player or a coach by calling on them being traded or not keeping in mind the coach's history of winning.
Please lets get some maturity in this forum we can all still have fun but lets not get overboard. We are all brothers and sisters in Laker land
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Oprah forum is that way -------------->
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Smack talk and personal attacks are prohibited here, the mods are very good when it comes to keeping this site clean. There is no need for other members to try to moderate this site, they don't need your help, I promise you that.

As far as discussing the games, we have the right to criticize the coach, players and call for their heads, there is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't matter the "history of winning" of the coach or anybody for that matter. Do you expect everybody to agree and be happy with our team losses?, you need to get a grip and relax, seriously.

This forum is to express our opinions, whatever they might be.
lakerskobe247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: To LG mods and members of LG

hisairness#8 wrote:
Going through this season I have come to notice a very bad trend going on in the forum especially during the Game Updates. Certain posters are starting conflict with other lg posters and this is leading to smack talk and personal attacks.
I came on to this forum to talk about laker basketball. For the trolls and posters that are starting conflict on the forum please take your crap someplace else and leave the people who take these games and this team seriously.
I bleed purple and gold and yes I get pissed when we play like crap but theres no need to start crap with one another or berate a player or a coach by calling on them being traded or not keeping in mind the coach's history of winning.
Please lets get some maturity in this forum we can all still have fun but lets not get overboard. We are all brothers and sisters in Laker land

Did you know? We are all bipolar here! One day we are the best team in the league, the next day we explode and hate on every player on the Lakers.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:

Funny how the troll is the first to respond..
Osama YoMama
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: To LG mods and members of LG

lakerskobe78 wrote:
hisairness#8 wrote:

Did you know? We are all bipolar here! One day we are the best team in the league, the next day we explode and hate on every player on the Lakers.

So sad, but so true.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:

I'm not a troll, but that was funny...Just take a chill pill guys, relax, this is a fun site as it is...we have the right to say whatever is on our minds, as long we don't use foul language and respect the rules of the forum.

The trade talk gets a little old, but I'm not bothered by it, that's part of the deal here.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
F Snaq wrote:

^^^ my #1 fan everybody. This guy is obsessed with me. Follows me everywhere. Look at his posts, a lot of them are attempts at trying to insult me or get my attention, like a little child tugging on a grown man's shirt. Talk about desperation. "VindicatioN," I beg of you to please let me out of your mind. Release your mind off of these tormenting thoughts you hold of me. Let go of it, I'm only a username. You're an adult, it's unhealthy for you.

This is, and will be, my first, only, and last response to you, my deranged stalker/admirer. Consider it an "autograph" from me to you. I'm moving on to chatting about basketball. 8)
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

VindicatioN wrote:
F Snaq wrote:

Now, who is attacking who here?
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/g/grouphugwithpoohwp.jpg
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject:

EHL_2 wrote:

Tell me about it.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:

PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:
EHL_2 wrote:

Tell me about it.

LoL!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: To LG mods and members of LG

hisairness#8 wrote:

Well, this is easily remedied.

Anyone who can't handle themselves will get tossed. The mods will check the next few game threads. Suspensions or bans will be handed out.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:

<-------------And the LG door is that way. Bub-bye.

The mods are done with your BS. Your game thread tonight sealed the deal.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:

What's pathetic is that every day some user makes a thread about Dwayne wade.

Perfect music.

Last edited by melo061 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Arnie
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject:

If you have a problem with a thread, please PM a Moderator.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
theres no need to start crap with one another or berate a player or a coach by calling on them being traded or not keeping in mind the coach's history of winning.

This discussion shouldn't even be a discussion really, but just for the sake of the debate here, what's wrong with calling a player to be traded?...What's the coach history of winning has to do with it exactly?...Lets not get techincal on this subject; it is obvious that if the mods find a post to be offensive or if they see a poster breaking the rules they will take care of it, what's the problem?

If posters can't express their opinions about the coach or the players, half of the threads here should be deleted, lets not lose our sense of freedom of speech.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject:

PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:
Quote:
theres no need to start crap with one another or berate a player or a coach by calling on them being traded or not keeping in mind the coach's history of winning.

This discussion shouldn't even be a discussion really, but just for the sake of the debate here, what's wrong with calling a player to be traded?...What's the coach history of winning has to do with it exactly?...Lets not get techincal on this subject; it is obvious that if the mods find a post to be offensive or if they see a poster breaking the rules they will take care of it, what's the problem?

If posters can't express their opinions about the coach or the players, half of the threads here should be deleted, lets not lose our sense of freedom of speech.

you don't have freedom of speech here. it's a privately ran laker FAN forum. so threads started that bash our players and coaches, and threads that deteriorate into name calling and insults aren't welcome. same can be said for threads that are started with the intent to piss off other posters or get a rise out of people.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject:

PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:
Quote:

F Snaq was already on the mods watch list for other things...but here's just a small sampling of the kind of thing he was poluting the game thread with and that has no place on LG for:

F Snaq wrote:
Puke Walton and Brian Cook should hold their hands together and take a lovers' leap off of the Palos Verdes cliffs.
---
I'd like to shove Cook and Puke into a burning shopping cart and push them off into the middle of the 101 freeway during rush hour.
---
Puke Walton = WORTHLESS like his lover Brian Cook.
---
Directed toward another user:

Go back to watching male figure skating.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject:

I'm not defending that poster at all, I think he should not be part of this forum, and I truly believe that we should keep it civil here...I just don't want to see members try to moderate this forum, because then you have a bunch of people trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't say, that's the mods job, not ours.
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject:

PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:
I'm not defending that poster at all, I think he should not be part of this forum, and I truly believe that we should keep it civil here...I just don't want to see members try to moderate this forum, because then you have a bunch of people trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't say, that's the mods job, not ours.

I know its not my job to mod the forum but just like the people who like to talk trash and get a rise out of people im just giving my opinion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: