Mitch on AM 570 right now...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Posts: 6047

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Mitch on AM 570 right now...

I'll try to give highlights in a bit...
_________________
"My thirst for domination is fed only by the game. I refuse to get distracted by outside forces." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mrslam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 164
Location: Colton, Ca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject:

INJURY REPORT?

L.O IS MAKING PROGRESS. RUNNING WITH BRACE NOT PRACTICING WITH TEAM YET.. WILL BE BACK BEFORE KWAME.

KWAME HAS SWELLING, IF I SAY BOTH WILL BE BACK WITH IN TWO WEEKS ITS NOT A STRETCH.

NOBODY MENTIONS MIHM NO MORE, AND THEY SHOULD. HE WAS ANTICIPATED TO BE A STARTED.

WE BEAT DALLAS, BUT WERE GOING TO HAVE TO IMPROVE. NOT SURE IF ITS BY TRADE.

RIGHT NOW WERE 5TH OR 4RTH IN THE WEST. THAT WILL PUT US ON THE ROAD IN THE PLAYOFFS.

KOBE? AFTER THE SAC GAME, HE WAS TIRED. AGAINST DENVER HE HAD 12 ASSIST IN THE FIRST QUARTER AND HE LOOKED FATIGUED. FORTUNATELY WE DIDN'T NEED HIM.

SMUSH NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO BE CONSISTENT WITH HIS PLAY. THE LAST TWO WEEKS HAS BEEN MORE CONSISTENT. WE NEED THAT FROM HIM GOING FORWARD.. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO PLAY A LITTLE BIT BETTER..

ITS A BIG GAME FOR BOTH TEAMS. NATIONAL GAME. RIVALRY. I SUSPECT HEAT WILL BE UP FOR IT..

I THOUGHT RYLEY'S ABSENCE WAS JUST ANOTHER MOTIVATIONAL TACTICS. AND ITS WORKED GREAT FOR THEM.

IM HAPPY FOR THE FANS IN L.A. I DO THINK DESPITE THE INJURIES WE HAVE A GOOD MIX OF PLAYERS YOUNG AND OLD.. YOU HAVE TO STAY HEALTHY IN THIS LEAGUE, YOU NEED IMPROVEMENTS, WERE COMFORTABLE WERE WE ARE AND WERE FUN TO WATCH.

WADE VS KOBE?

ITS MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY, I SUSPECT BOTH WILL BE READY TO GO TODAY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2006
Posts: 7420
Location: Making the games you play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject:

- am570 interviewers
- mitch


INTERVIEW

-were we close to getting c-webb
- no. they talked to him alot, but it never to the point were they had confidence he wanted to come here. he was interested, but the family interest was more important to him

-injuries
- both LO and Kwame are getting better. LO is praticing at shoot around without a brace. non-contact drills. back before kwame. 2 weeks for both. annoyed that no one brin

-standings
- happy with how teams is doing with wins despite injuries. hated that horrible third quarter against frizz

-needs to improve how
- will decide how we stack up against the texas teams and figure out how to improve. maybe through trade. maybe not. everyone has to improve still.

-
-need to improve road record

-how is kobe doing
- it depends on how he is doing. looked tireds after sacto game. looked fatigued during denver game.

-breakthrough with smush. why not constisten players
- smush has been doing well. but people need to get more consistent. smush started out bad but has otten much better more often.

-miami heat. WTF with them, no coach but suddenly good
- big game for both teams. some rivalries, they will be up for the game. thought riley getting surgery was a motivating ploy for the heat.

-amazing moves that looked bad at first, but now starting to pan out
- feels good that fans are enjoying team. nice mix of vets and young players. but oldest is kobe. bright future. tries to make improvements every year.

-will kobe have a big game tonight
- he thinks that with rest his groin will be better. everyone will be up fior the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38711
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Aug 2002
Posts: 18355
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the recaps, fellas!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 5300
Location: Redondo Beach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the recaps!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pacificpassion
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 3121
Location: Fremont, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Great recap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2006
Posts: 7420
Location: Making the games you play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:

vecey talked to shaq

- shaq looks fit

- had to escort shaq to the bathroom at the SC.

- shaq will be courtside. shaq doesn't want to talk to kobe, said he forced to do the apoplogy last time by bill russell.

- wade hasn't seen shaq practice yet, shaq is always praticing behind closed doors


someone at AM570 says he wants to instigate a fight between shaq and kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BLP711
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 543
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys, nice recap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Posts: 6047

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Good job, guys...
_________________
"My thirst for domination is fed only by the game. I refuse to get distracted by outside forces." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3942
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject:

You guys are awesome to go out of your way for us fans that were unable to tune in because of work or some other commitment. Thanks a lot!
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 4664
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the recaps..

10scott10 wrote:


-injuries
- both LO and Kwame are getting better. LO is praticing at shoot around without a brace. non-contact drills. back before kwame. 2 weeks for both. annoyed that no one brin


so glad to hear that Lamar and Kwame are getting closer to returning
_________________
"I define success by championships, by winning..." Kobe Bryant

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 15232

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
thanks for the recaps!


As for the vecey shaq Kobe crap. Whatever trying to start things up again. Its dead let it die.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Aug 2002
Posts: 18355
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
vecey talked to shaq

- shaq looks fit

- had to escort shaq to the bathroom at the SC.

- shaq will be courtside. shaq doesn't want to talk to kobe, said he forced to do the apoplogy last time by bill russell.

- wade hasn't seen shaq practice yet, shaq is always praticing behind closed doors


someone at AM570 says he wants to instigate a fight between shaq and kobe


I agree with that. Let's not forget that (a) Shaq and Kobe exchanged gifts for their kids at Christmas (by mail), and (b) Vescey is the same idiot who so hates Kobe, that he said all his teammates hate him and that Kobe should be arrested for attempted murder after clotheslining Mike Miller.

Vescey is a tool - and not the good, useful kind, either.


Last edited by LakerJam on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Aug 2002
Posts: 18355
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
thanks for the recaps..

10scott10 wrote:


-injuries
- both LO and Kwame are getting better. LO is praticing at shoot around without a brace. non-contact drills. back before kwame. 2 weeks for both. annoyed that no one brin


so glad to hear that Lamar and Kwame are getting closer to returning


The first recap says it was with a brace. Find it hard to believe he would be practicing without one, to tell you the truth. Especially since it was reported that he'll likely be playing with a brace when he does return.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2002
Posts: 18179

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
- will decide how we stack up against the texas teams and figure out how to improve. maybe through trade. maybe not. everyone has to improve still.


Translation: We'd like to make a move, but I'm ultra-conservative, so we'll stand pat. This, in spite of losing to both Texas teams on the road, but with the built-in excuse that we have key injuries.

No mid-season deals. You already know.
_________________
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2006
Posts: 7420
Location: Making the games you play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Quote:
- will decide how we stack up against the texas teams and figure out how to improve. maybe through trade. maybe not. everyone has to improve still.


Translation: We'd like to make a move, but I'm ultra-conservative, so we'll stand pat. This, in spite of losing to both Texas teams on the road, but with the built-in excuse that we have key injuries.

No mid-season deals. You already know.

you know that none of these are transcripts. this is me sumarizing what he said. he said he was looked at making ways to improve now, but wasn't seeing any offers that would help us at this point. he said he would reevaluate it after these games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mrslam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 164
Location: Colton, Ca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
You guys are awesome to go out of your way for us fans that were unable to tune in because of work or some other commitment. Thanks a lot!


Your welcome guys.. I work infront of a Computer. Im actually not supposed to be online during working hours, but what are you going to do right?

About the Brace thing, Im second guessing myself now. I could have sworn I heard "with a Brace", but I could have heard wrong..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2002
Posts: 18179

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Quote:
- will decide how we stack up against the texas teams and figure out how to improve. maybe through trade. maybe not. everyone has to improve still.


Translation: We'd like to make a move, but I'm ultra-conservative, so we'll stand pat. This, in spite of losing to both Texas teams on the road, but with the built-in excuse that we have key injuries.

No mid-season deals. You already know.

you know that none of these are transcripts. this is me sumarizing what he said. he said he was looked at making ways to improve now, but wasn't seeing any offers that would help us at this point. he said he would reevaluate it after these games


Yeah. I know. But that's what Kupchak is saying. He won't make a move and everyone knows it. Difference is, this time, he has a team that continues to win in spite of key injuries.

Status quo as per usual.
_________________
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
20,000
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 29950
Location: Likely nowhere near you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
- shaq will be courtside. shaq doesn't want to talk to kobe, said he forced to do the apoplogy last time by bill russell.


What a freaking scumbag. I hate that fat bastard even more now. If this does get out, will people really see that Snaq is nothing more than a freaking pompous, egotistical, lazy bastard, and always has been?
_________________
Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying...'I will try again tomorrow.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138807
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
- shaq will be courtside. shaq doesn't want to talk to kobe, said he forced to do the apoplogy last time by bill russell.


What a freaking scumbag. I hate that fat bastard even more now. If this does get out, will people really see that Snaq is nothing more than a freaking pompous, egotistical, lazy bastard, and always has been?


Wow, imagine the outrage if Shaq had actually said that.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 633
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
vecey talked to shaq

- shaq looks fit

- had to escort shaq to the bathroom at the SC.

- shaq will be courtside. shaq doesn't want to talk to kobe, said he forced to do the apoplogy last time by bill russell.

- wade hasn't seen shaq practice yet, shaq is always praticing behind closed doors


someone at AM570 says he wants to instigate a fight between shaq and kobe


I agree with that. Let's not forget that (a) Shaq and Kobe exchanged gifts for their kids at Christmas (by mail), and (b) Vescey is the same idiot who so hates Kobe, that he said all his teammates hate him and that Kobe should be arrested for attempted murder after clotheslining Mike Miller.

Vescey is a tool - and not the good, useful kind, either.


You may be confusing this guy with Peter Vescey. It was actually David Vassegh who spoke with Shaq today. He's always seemed pretty harmless to me. Never really heard the Kobe hatin from him, but maybe I missed something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kups
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1716

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the recap
_________________
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2006
Posts: 7420
Location: Making the games you play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject:

lakerfin wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
vecey talked to shaq

- shaq looks fit

- had to escort shaq to the bathroom at the SC.

- shaq will be courtside. shaq doesn't want to talk to kobe, said he forced to do the apoplogy last time by bill russell.

- wade hasn't seen shaq practice yet, shaq is always praticing behind closed doors


someone at AM570 says he wants to instigate a fight between shaq and kobe


I agree with that. Let's not forget that (a) Shaq and Kobe exchanged gifts for their kids at Christmas (by mail), and (b) Vescey is the same idiot who so hates Kobe, that he said all his teammates hate him and that Kobe should be arrested for attempted murder after clotheslining Mike Miller.

Vescey is a tool - and not the good, useful kind, either.


You may be confusing this guy with Peter Vescey. It was actually David Vassegh who spoke with Shaq today. He's always seemed pretty harmless to me. Never really heard the Kobe hatin from him, but maybe I missed something.

yeah it was david. i just could remember the first name nor spell the last
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Aug 2005
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Vecsey needs this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB