If the Lakers keep playing like this, will we have only one thread in the Lounge?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: If the Lakers keep playing like this, will we have only one thread in the Lounge?

I understand the sentiment, but I don't think it is fair to throw every venting thread in the catch-all "official piss and moan thread".

There were at least three major threads devoted to LO after the most recent game, and all were merged into the OPMT. Despite the "venting" tone of many of the posts, there were actually coherent thoughts and discussion being shared, and I personally looked forward to seeing how that developed. I doubt I am alone in deciding not to pursue it when I found out I would have to wade through a multitopic sludge of poison to find it.

The decision to de-legitimize the topic stifled discussion this board is here to offer. I think it would have been more reasonable to merge all the LO threads into a single LO topic thread.

Perhaps this post belongs in the OPMT, but I didn't really want this to be a public complaining session - just a personal opinion offered to those who I would like to consider it.

Thanks.
Arnie
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject:

Well I wasn't the one the moved the topics but I can see why. With topics headers of "Goodbye Playoffs", "Now i understand why Clipper fans hated ODumb", "i give up", and "GET RID OF LAMAR ODOM. GET RID OF LAMAR ODOM. GET RID OF LAMAR ODOM", its gives the impression of smacktalk. The topics were not LOCKED mind you. You can still discuss it in the official piss and moan thread.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Thanks for the response.

I see your point.

And much of my concern was rendered moot by the fact that virtually all of the last two pages of the OPMT were devoted to the Odom issue, so I didn't have to wade through a hodgepodge of unrelated P&M messages to follow the thread, after all.

But a reasonable alternative would have been to combine them all under the least abrasive topic heading, or even a re-named "OFFICIAL ODOM P&M post 2/13 THREAD."

I know the moderators have lives, and are kept busy. And they do a great job. But I hope that decisions about taking actions on threads are based on more than the title of the first post, alone.

Anyway, I appreciate the opportunity to give my opinion, and the great job/ great site you maintain here. Thanks again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: