Nick Young Probably Entering NBA Draft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Nick Young Probably Entering NBA Draft

Quote:
"Leading scorer Nick Young will forego his senior season at USC and declare for the NBA draft, according to sources. Young, the small forward who played at Cleveland High of Reseda, plans to make his official announcement on campus early next week. Young has yet to hire an agent but will do so soon, according to a source close to the player."

"The junior's stock rose during the NCAA Tournament last month, when he led the team in scoring in victories over Arkansas and Texas before the surprising Trojans fell to top-seeded North Carolina in the Sweet 16. In the weeks following the season, NBA personnel have indicated to Young that he would go between picks 10 and 25 in the first round depending on workouts, according to sources."

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_5665269
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:

The more I think about it, he should definitely be the Lakers pick if available. He's a multi-dimensional player - can shoot (great mid-range game), can rebound, can play defense, can take the ball to the basket... If no big moves are made, Young could step right into the starting lineup.

PG - Farmar
SG - Young
SF - Kobe
PF - Lamar
C - Bynum
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

young won't start. at the very least not in his rookie year...

if we use the mle on a pg, young will be the athletic sf we want to bring off the bench for luke. he won't have any pressure on him too since vlad will probably still be here, but both actualy bring different things to the table.

an "eventless" laker summer should end up looking:

mle/farmar/sasha
kobe/evans
luke/vlad/young
odom/turiaf/cook
kwame/bynum/mihm

lets hope for more activity, but this is the solid version of things imo - unless a player we really like drops.

btw - it was rumored that mitch really likes t. young, so although i wrote young - it may end up being t. young rather than n.young...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:

He might as well....he is ready and Mayo is coming to USC.

I think Nick Young could be a NBA star in the future. I would love to see the Lakers pick him up.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject:

with his frame, you'd think he'd be a good perimeter defender at either guard spot, but he is a better team defender than on the ball guy...jumping in passing lanes. You'd love to have his shooting off the bench, and if he's the best available guy..why not? I still would prefer Acie Law if you have the choice, or Thadeeus Young if he drops that far.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He might as well....he is ready and Mayo is coming to USC.

I think Nick Young could be a NBA star in the future. I would love to see the Lakers pick him up.

Yep, I love his game, I think he will be a star also just have to keep his head in the game but definitely can be a star.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject:

It's official
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2841107
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: