Think moving up to get Conley is doable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Mike Conley is only 6'1 he's not a big guard that Phil likes in the triangle offense.Also he's also played only 1 year in college.

Acie Law would be a better pick if the Lakers were to trade up to get and draft a PG.

Here we go again, drafting for triangle players. T Parker is only 6'1" and so is Iverson, TJ Ford. How tall are Stockton, Isaiah, Kevin Johnson, or KC Jones?

That's been my point in a number of posts recently. Forget about drafting for the triangle. Just forget it already. I admire Phil and Tex as much as anyone. They have the hardware. But the Lakers should be fun to watch as well as a championship franchise.

Well, I'm pretty sure we'd ALL take "boring while winning titles" as well. I don't care how fun they look, I just want some damn titles.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
I think Conley will be available at 19.

Yeah, right after Oden at 18 :roll:

I really think Mitch should trade down if that's going to be the case.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Mike Conley is only 6'1 he's not a big guard that Phil likes in the triangle offense.Also he's also played only 1 year in college.

Acie Law would be a better pick if the Lakers were to trade up to get and draft a PG.

Here we go again, drafting for triangle players. T Parker is only 6'1" and so is Iverson, TJ Ford. How tall are Stockton, Isaiah, Kevin Johnson, or KC Jones?

That's been my point in a number of posts recently. Forget about drafting for the triangle. Just forget it already. I admire Phil and Tex as much as anyone. They have the hardware. But the Lakers should be fun to watch as well as a championship franchise.

Well, I'm pretty sure we'd ALL take "boring while winning titles" as well. I don't care how fun they look, I just want some damn titles.

I'm to the point where I think, in terms of getting to the next level, the Laker players need something to engage them. I mean, they've got to be bored and unmotivated with snap passes and spacing. I hope the Lakers--whether on Phil's watch, or someone else's--can get the players excited about scoring and that will carry over into excitement about playing defense. I surely don't want them going back to Rudy Three and his matador defense philosophy.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

I'm to the point where I think, in terms of getting to the next level, the Laker players need something to engage them. I mean, they've got to be bored and unmotivated with snap passes and spacing. I hope the Lakers--whether on Phil's watch, or someone else's--can get the players excited about scoring and that will carry over into excitement about playing defense. I surely don't want them going back to Rudy Three and his matador defense philosophy.

The thing is, no system works without the right players. If you get the right players then it won't matter to the team if they're having a party on the court or are at military school, winning is all that matters.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject:

i'd rather have acie law iv. i say be bundle our 2nd pick with our first pick and move up but keep charlottes 2nd pick
lakerz4sho'
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject:

conley? i would rather have marty conlon.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
i'd rather have acie law iv. i say be bundle our 2nd pick with our first pick and move up but keep charlottes 2nd pick

Yup, I want Law too... better than FA fixes at PG, and we keep our trading pieces for a veteran big. Law has proven to be a leader with Texas A&M, he's got a great all-around style that fits the tri, and coming out as a senior means he'll come in ready to rock the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: