Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Ted wrote:

Relatives (for those of you with HUGE families, you know what I'm talkin about--it's like a f***g soap opera sometimes I swear).

Same. "Oh my god, did you hear what so and so did. Let's spend years talking about it on the phone. Then lets have a huge get together and be really loud and talk about it more"

I had a family member that I've never met before asking me if I heard that Kobe wanted to be traded, about a week ago. Well let's see, I'm a Laker fan, it's been all over the news, I don't know you, and 50 people have already asked me this.

Have you ever gone with your extended family on a vacation? We just went on a small trip with about 15 people. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life

I've done the road trip thing before and I feel you on that man. Do your parents ever compare you to your cousins? GAWD. "Did you know your cousin Billy got hired at that firm and he's getting paid to travel across the country? He also just graduated from college with high honors and was class valedictorian. Did you get high honors?" Hey mom, I could give two (bleep) about Billy, honestly. And Bruce, Brian, Buck, and Brett as well.

And oh man, in my family all you hear is family A talkin (bleep) about family B. Then fam C gets involved, then D and E, all while fam A has already made peace with B, but D and C are feuding with E. When all the madness dies down, Fam F's son gets into some trouble with something, and its ON again. YOU MOTHERF****ERS JUST MIND YOUR OWN G-D DAMN BUSINESS! Is that too hard to ask?
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Also, people in movie theatres who throw their jackets on like 5 seats and just leave and act like they have those seats reserved. All right, you know what, I'll give you those seats, that's fine. But then the movie's about to start, I'm lookin for two seats while this douche is holdin down 10 with no friends in sight. That's when I proceed to plant my ass in said seat. Once the lights dim, sorry buddy those seats are mine. There should be a time limit on how long you can hold seats down for. If your dumbass friends don't know the difference between 9 and 9:30, that's not my fault.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
encina1 wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Ok, bro..what gives? Why the disdain for seafood? You just don't like it or you're allergic to it? I'm allergic to shellfish but I can eat it as long as don't eat a lot of it, and if I DO eat a lot of it I have to take some Benadryl within 24 hours or else I'll break out a week later....yeah, it's weird, I know.

so first...I'm a girl...second, I just don't like seafood. I used to eat when I didn't get a chance to pick my food. as I got older, I verbalized that I didn't like it - so I stopped eating it. I don't like the texture, the smell, the taste - I just don't like it.

Amazing that different people may actually have different tastes and different desires and different opinions.

prisma, you are the freaking devil!!!

Let's do sushi some time.

I like avocado and cucumber sushi

Fine, leaves more tuna and rainbow rolls for me.``
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
Ted wrote:

Relatives (for those of you with HUGE families, you know what I'm talkin about--it's like a f***g soap opera sometimes I swear).

Same. "Oh my god, did you hear what so and so did. Let's spend years talking about it on the phone. Then lets have a huge get together and be really loud and talk about it more"

I had a family member that I've never met before asking me if I heard that Kobe wanted to be traded, about a week ago. Well let's see, I'm a Laker fan, it's been all over the news, I don't know you, and 50 people have already asked me this.

Have you ever gone with your extended family on a vacation? We just went on a small trip with about 15 people. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life

I've done the road trip thing before and I feel you on that man. Do your parents ever compare you to your cousins? GAWD. "Did you know your cousin Billy got hired at that firm and he's getting paid to travel across the country? He also just graduated from college with high honors and was class valedictorian. Did you get high honors?" Hey mom, I could give two (bleep) about Billy, honestly. And Bruce, Brian, Buck, and Brett as well.

And oh man, in my family all you hear is family A talkin (bleep) about family B. Then fam C gets involved, then D and E, all while fam A has already made peace with B, but D and C are feuding with E. When all the madness dies down, Fam F's son gets into some trouble with something, and its ON again. YOU MOTHERF****ERS JUST MIND YOUR OWN G-D DAMN BUSINESS! Is that too hard to ask?

Dude, you just read my mind.

If everyone just does their own part, then things turn out a lot better than if you try to get involved with everyone else. That's my life motto
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject:

When people think that Mexican is a language (this has to do with ignorant people, who piss me off).

"I wonder if he speaks Mexican"

And I'm not even Hispanic/Mexican/Latino
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject:

smoothCbutla wrote:
oh here's a good one

when a holiday rolls around and you get that long letter that brags about their family

little billy got straight A's and was captain of his football team, he loves his little sister and is very protective of her. susy had her first day of school today. she picked out a pink lunchbox and a pink bookbag. she sure is our little princess. she is the teacher's favorite already.

or the depressing ones

jerry got cancer. i lost my job. life at home is boring. my son never calls me and my daughter diamond became a stripper. merry christmas

which reminds me..

people who send christmas cards w/ pictures of their families.

pompous douchebags.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:
oh here's a good one

when a holiday rolls around and you get that long letter that brags about their family

little billy got straight A's and was captain of his football team, he loves his little sister and is very protective of her. susy had her first day of school today. she picked out a pink lunchbox and a pink bookbag. she sure is our little princess. she is the teacher's favorite already.

or the depressing ones

jerry got cancer. i lost my job. life at home is boring. my son never calls me and my daughter diamond became a stripper. merry christmas

which reminds me..

pompous douchebags.
I don't mind getting christmas cards with pictures. actually I like them.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
When people think that Mexican is a language (this has to do with ignorant people, who piss me off).

I get what you are saying, but Chilean Spanish is different from Mexican Spanish is different from Spanish Spanish is different from Argentinian Spanish....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:
oh here's a good one

or the depressing ones

which reminds me..

pompous douchebags.

Well of course you do...You're a chick!
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:
oh here's a good one

or the depressing ones

which reminds me..

pompous douchebags.

hmmph

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:
oh here's a good one

or the depressing ones

which reminds me..

pompous douchebags.

hmmph

What's worse is when they just send you a picture of their pet and don't include themselves or family. Dude, what do I care what Spot the dog or Rex the cat looks like? If you're gonna go through the trouble of sending one of these things, at least let me see that you've gained 10 pounds so I feel better about myself. Sheesh!
Jesseca328
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

I get what you are saying, but Chilean Spanish is different from Mexican Spanish is different from Spanish Spanish is different from Argentinian Spanish....
Slang and accent [and bad words] wise yes but overall no... I think people who do say that, like KG said, is just ignorant people who only see Mexico...

ALPHA ~ LakerSanity ~ 24 ~ Exick ~ ElginBaylor ~ TheBigRuski ~ re4ee ~ JerryMagicKobe ~ mbloves L.A. ~ unggoy ~ encina1~ Jesseca328 ~ phayze one ~ Flo'z
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
prisma8slg wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
smoothCbutla wrote:
oh here's a good one

or the depressing ones

which reminds me..

pompous douchebags.

hmmph

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I don't know if anyone else pays attention, but several things about driving.

1. When the light turns green, I don't even want to wait 2-3 seconds before you take your foot off the brake pedal. Step on it already. The lines of traffic in California are long enough so that those 2-3 precious seconds actually squeezes out another car or two.

2. People who don't give enough space in traffic. I understand CA is tight, but there are still drivers who use manual transmissions.

3. Drivers completely unaware of other motorcyclists. They can pass legally between cars. So, what's the point of narrowing the distance between cars for them?

4. Left lane is called a passing lane. You're eating a hot dog while talking on the phone driving below the speed limit. Why are you in the left lane again?

5. Hybrid car drivers. I really have no issue with them until they make bad decisions. I even appreciate the fact that they're using less gas and driving a more green car. That being said, if you want to drive "average" instead of "spirited", stay on the right. It's pointless to have 4-6 lanes on a freeway with every single lane going dead between 65-70.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Jesseca328 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

Slang and accent [and bad words] wise yes but overall no... I think people who do say that, like KG said, is just ignorant people who only see Mexico...

Exactly. These people think it's called Mexican
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Jesseca328 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

Exactly. These people think it's called Mexican

That reminds me of my black friends telling me if I speak MESIKIN
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Carlos Mencia!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Okay, I don't know if anyone else pays attention, but several things about driving.

1. When the light turns green, I don't even want to wait 2-3 seconds before you take your foot off the brake pedal. Step on it already. The lines of traffic in California are long enough so that those 2-3 precious seconds actually squeezes out another car or two.

2. People who don't give enough space in traffic. I understand CA is tight, but there are still drivers who use manual transmissions.

3. Drivers completely unaware of other motorcyclists. They can pass legally between cars. So, what's the point of narrowing the distance between cars for them?

4. Left lane is called a passing lane. You're eating a hot dog while talking on the phone driving below the speed limit. Why are you in the left lane again?

5. Hybrid car drivers. I really have no issue with them until they make bad decisions. I even appreciate the fact that they're using less gas and driving a more green car. That being said, if you want to drive "average" instead of "spirited", stay on the right. It's pointless to have 4-6 lanes on a freeway with every single lane going dead between 65-70.

I'm with you on most of these. I'll add that I hate it when there's a lot of space between cars in front of you when taking a left turn. You can see one car ahead of you take the turn....then...a...long...pause...and...finally the next car turns, then another long pause. This just kills be because you can tell odds aren't good that you're going to be able to make the light. If everyone was on the ball a lot more cars would get through.

I'll also second the part about people in the left lane. I was behind a lady yesterday doing her makeup in the mirror, talking on the phone and driving in the left hand lane on the expressway yesterday. Jeezus. After riding behind her for awhile I gave a quick honk just to let her know I was behind her (she was going maybe 25 mph in a 50) and she somehow managed to flip me off while continuing to gab on her phone and apply lipstick. Talent.

Finally - when you signal to change lanes and people behind you in the lane you're changing into speed up to try to keep you out. And then if they don't success they get mad at you.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I'm with you on most of these. I'll add that I hate it when there's a lot of space between cars in front of you when taking a left turn. You can see one car ahead of you take the turn....then...a...long...pause...and...finally the next car turns, then another long pause. This just kills be because you can tell odds aren't good that you're going to be able to make the light. If everyone was on the ball a lot more cars would get through.

I'll also second the part about people in the left lane. I was behind a lady yesterday doing her makeup in the mirror, talking on the phone and driving in the left hand lane on the expressway yesterday. Jeezus. After riding behind her for awhile I gave a quick honk just to let her know I was behind her (she was going maybe 25 mph in a 50) and she somehow managed to flip me off while continuing to gab on her phone and apply lipstick. Talent.

Finally - when you signal to change lanes and people behind you in the lane you're changing into speed up to try to keep you out. And then if they don't success they get mad at you.

I know Bay Area driving is different from OC driving too.

Agreed about the left turn spacing.

But, the latest trend is when there's a red light, and cars don't even pull up close enough to the car in front. Okay. Leaving 2-3 feet for stick drivers? Good.

Leaving 5 feet or almost to the point where I can parallel park between the 2 cars?

Not cool. I really don't get it. The traffic can get so bad beside the beach that while the cars up front have massive gaps in front like that, the cars last in line are blocking the middle of the intersection.

Quote:

I really don't get that either. I mean, they were just cruising at a speed and happy about it.

People's driving habits tells me a lot about the ego of the local area. I don't like what I see in CA. TN is way friendlier and more courteous. Sure they drive slow, but they're not blocking lanes or holding up traffic, etc.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

It annoys me when some one calls you and you miss there call so you call them back and you talk to them only to hang up and have a voicemail with the exact same thing you just talked about.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Preach on bro, preach on!!! LG, can I get an AMEN!!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, when did the left lane become the "I am talking on my cell phone" lane? Pull over to the side of the road or at least get in the right lane and go slowly.

Speaking of driving, I get annoyed with those people who insist on creeping forward during traffic at a red light just to beat the light. But they then get stuck in the middle of the intersection, which then blocks cars going the other way, which causes more traffic pile up. Which just exacerbates the whole thing. All to shave a precious few seconds off their drive.

Ooohh, well don't let everyone else hamper your drive there, sparky.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I find I get annoyed by being annoyed...and that's annoying.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject:

when you delete junk-emails and reappears instantly.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Wearing shorts that are too short and a t-shirt that's too tight. Sometimes I'll put them on, and I don't even realize that I'm not comfortable until later in the day. That pisses me off so much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17
Jump to: