** Official: LAKERS @ ROCKETS Wednesday 11/14/07 ESPN **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Lakers have a lot of work to do. Lamar continues to frustrate me. Then again, I don't understand why the Lakers don't utilize Lamar in the post a lot more.

Maybe because the spacing sucked and he couldn't hold position down there against Bonzi Wells.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Crazy game, lots of chances for both teams and really it showed both teams had played on the 2nd night of a back to back

BUT

a WIN is a WIN.

The Lakers beat one of the best teams in the west, on the road. That is a big win, almost as big as the Phx win.

We are 4-3 playing 6/7 playoff teams and some of them legit contenders. Lamar missed a lot of those games isn't 100% yet and Kwame will never be 100% along with lots of new roles being shifted at the moment with Lamar's insertion to the lineup (and Luke's demotion).

I give the game ball to Kobe but a major part of it needs to be carved up and given to Andrew too. Huge defensive rebound + 2 FT's in the clutch. That is really the point in the game I thought we could have won/lost it.

Great win ! Lets not whine about it. Friday, Detroit comes to town, hopefully we can get them too.

This is one of those ugly wins that the Lakers haven't had the last three seasons. I call it progress.

WTH are you talking about? The Lakers had plenty of ugly wins last year and we actually deserved to win those games because we tightened up at the end and played good ball down the stretch. The Rockets just flat out collapsed at the end of this game or else they had it easily. We did everything to lose this gajme. The only problem with it was that the Rockets did nothing to win it at the end.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Plus, in the 1st half we were CLEARLY the better team.

It's in the 2nd half pretty much both teams sucked, on O. But that happens on the 2nd night of a B2B. Both teams showed in the 2nd half the effects of playing 2 games in 2 nights.

Sure we played an ugly game, especially towards the last 2 minutes. I still think that a W is a W. You take them anyway you can get them, because in the NBA you lose a ton of games you didn't deserve too either.

Lakers winning 50 games this season only happens IF a) they beat the teams lower than them (lottery teams) consistently and b) win as many ugly games as possible.

That is pretty much how the Cavs won 50 last year. With lesser talent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Plus, in the 1st half we were CLEARLY the better team.

Lakers were very lucky in the first half. Battier barely got any minutes due to 3 quick fouls. Hayes was out with two fouls right away as well. Those are probably the two best defensive players in their starting line-up. To make things even worse, Hayes was replaced by Scola, who isn't ready to play D in the NBA yet. That is why the Lakers looked good on offense.

In the second half, the Rockets had their best defensive players in the game, and the Lakers struggled.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject:

if tracy mcgrady was still in there lakers would have lost -_- giving up on a 18 point lead
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Can someone tell me if TMAC hurt on his elbow by Kwame's reach in from behind, or by running into Luke immediately there after?
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Smush Parker, PG 17 0-4 0-2 0-0 1 1 2 0 1 0 1 0 0

17 min, 0-4 shooting, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 steal

What a dream situation. Crappy player but hard worker...I always had a soft spot for him as a person (not as a player)

So what does he do? Steals 4.6 million dollars from the heat, takes up a roster spot, and makes them worse.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Whew, only out a week. THANK GOD!!!!

Again, good game guys. I think we have the better team but I do think y'all have a capable playoff squad assuming you keep playing D and KEEP KOBE!!!!

Last edited by Dreamshake on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:

pmakker wrote:
Smush Parker, PG 17 0-4 0-2 0-0 1 1 2 0 1 0 1 0 0

17 min, 0-4 shooting, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 steal

What a dream situation. Crappy player but hard worker...I always had a soft spot for him as a person (not as a player)

So what does he do? Steals 4.6 million dollars from the heat, takes up a roster spot, and makes them worse.

That's funny, I was going to mention the same thing. If you're feeling down about how the Lakers are playing, check out how the Heat are doing with the stellar play of our former players, Smush and Shaq. As one fan said about Shaq, "I'm running out of excuses."
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject:

anyone see those three guys stand up in the second row and yell at kobe everytime he got the ball? Man, I wanted to sock those guys.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Cardom wrote:
Houston really stunk it up at the FT line tonight.

They owed us from how bad we shot in the first game..
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Banzai wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Crazy game, lots of chances for both teams and really it showed both teams had played on the 2nd night of a back to back

BUT

a WIN is a WIN.

The Lakers beat one of the best teams in the west, on the road. That is a big win, almost as big as the Phx win.

We are 4-3 playing 6/7 playoff teams and some of them legit contenders. Lamar missed a lot of those games isn't 100% yet and Kwame will never be 100% along with lots of new roles being shifted at the moment with Lamar's insertion to the lineup (and Luke's demotion).

I give the game ball to Kobe but a major part of it needs to be carved up and given to Andrew too. Huge defensive rebound + 2 FT's in the clutch. That is really the point in the game I thought we could have won/lost it.

Great win ! Lets not whine about it. Friday, Detroit comes to town, hopefully we can get them too.

When was the last time the Lakers beat Detroit in Los Angeles? 2004 finals right? Friday will be a tough game.
2005-2006 season. Only win in the last 6 meetings.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject:

Did you guys see the ESPN highlights of the Lakers Rockets game. At the end when Farmar fouled Yao for the 3 point play, Bill Walton says...What was Jordan Farmar thinking, he's a UCLA legend.

LOL, typical Bill, the exaggerator.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: