Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I miss Andrew Bynum.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for benching Kobe in the middle of the 4th, Phil.

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:
We gave up at least 6 easy buckets to the Cavs while Kobe sat and the offense went stagnant.

It was for the best in the long run, I suppose :eyeroll:

you're kidding me, right? kobe sat for a grand total of 3 possessions. 1 laker offensive possession, and 2 cavs possessions, and the cavs scored on only 1 of those. most of the cavs run happened with kobe on the floor, and you could attribute a lot of the cavs run to some terrible decisions kobe made on the offensive end.

Um, no. The Cavs took a huge advantage with Kobe out of the game. Went up 4 with 4 minutes go, nearly went up 6 until Phil realized how bad of a move that was. It wasn't just 3 possessions, and the Lakers had at least 2 pathetic possessions and basically gave up the ball both times.

i am watching it on tivo right now. phil took kobe out after hughes hit a jumper at the 5:22 mark to cut the lead to 1. lakers ran a play that got ronnie a layup, but he missed. lebron scored an and 1 to get the cavs up by 2. jordan got called for a weak turnover. hughes hit a tough shot to put the cavs up by 4. terrible turnover by jordan. Turnover lebron, kobe back in.

so you are right that it wasn't just 3 possessions, but my original point that you said the cavs scored 6 easy buckets with kobe on the bench was incorrect still holds. cavs scored 2 baskets only with kobe sitting, and kobe's play up to that point in the 4th, and in fact his play after he came back in, sure didn't make it look like it would have made an ounce of difference whether he was in or not. the positive was that he stopped forcing dumbass shots after he got sat down, and the lakers almost pulled that game out if it wasn't for some missed free throws and a huge missed layup at the end of the game.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Oh oops, I meant 6 easy points, sorry.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
I think it is pretty obvious that Phil is not as good of a coach that we all thought he was. A guy that has 9 rings and THAT'S the best play he draws up. He has 9 seconds on the clock and that is the best he can do with it, he knows Luke sucks yet he gets the ball and throws it back to Kobe cause he is too much of a chicken to shoot it himself. Also, how many times is it gonna take Phil to realize that having Lamar, Kwame, and Luke on the floor at the same time is a liability..what part of that does he not understand. I just don't get it, it boggles the mind.

Agree 100%! There is NO excuse for that last play design. A 10 mil soon to be 12 mil coach, plus all those assistant coaches sitting over there, and THAT is the best play they could come up with? and with THAT group of players? Are you kidding me!

PJ fans that always immediately bring up the "PJ has 9 rings" excuse for everything PJ does badly, what's the excuse for THAT?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41
Jump to: