Best Carrier?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockerx8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Best Carrier?

Hey guys ive had T-mobile for a while now and my contract expires next month. The only reason why i kept the phone this long is because majority of the people i know have the service so i was trying to save on minutes even though i dont go through a lot of minutes anyway. Im tired of having low signals when im up in the mountains or driving away from cities, if i got a flat on a road trip i would pretty much be f*$%d. I also thought T-Mobile would do more than make me pay monthly to have the sport scores displayed for me, i thought it was supposed to be the official phone of the NBA, and sometimes i dont even get good signal strength to even get that information. Im hearing great things about Verizon Wireless also with AT&T, in the near future i want to be able to watch the Lakers game on my phone if i have to work or something so i might just break down and get a Iphone. But what in your guys opinion is the best carrier out there regarding service and signals ?

T-mobile
Cingular
Verizon
Sprint
AT&T
etc..
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject:

I've had them all and I would reco Verizon for coverage. I have Sprint now and I can't wait till my contract is up. Coverage is fine until you get in buildings then it is spotty at best.

I had major problems with AT&T when I had them. Coverage was spotty.

T-Mobile is horrible everywhere in my area.

Nextel is great of the radio but the cell service is terrible in my area also.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject:

It really depends on the area.... I'm between NYC and Philly. I would say Verizon is the best, then Sprint/Nextel, followed by AT&T/Cingular, then T-Mobile.

I've had Sprint for close to 9 years, never had an issue with dropped calls in my area... however when I was on vacation and did the drive from San Fran to LA down PCH, the coverage was spotty to poor to zero....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject:

I live in Southern California, and for me, Sprint is the best. My calls are never dropped, and I never have a problem getting a signal.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject:

Verizon. Some of my friends switched, but they all came back. A few came back before their contracts ended....
LABigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject:

The USS Ronald Reagan
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

I've had AT&T (Cingular) for years and atre quite happy with them, but it does matter where you live. I am in Orange County and ATT works perfectly, I like my iPhone and I had excellent coverage last montgh, in Bishop, Mammoth and even Lee Vining!
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject:

I've been happy with Sprint, coverage is always clear. I think they have the best data network, which is most important

I hear verizon is the best but my friends with Verizon are always having low # of bars.
JD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Sprint/Nextel was OK. Some coverage area hiccups, but overall, not bad.

T-Mobile - meh.

Verizon, sucks balls. Worst carrier I have ever experienced. Literally dropped 2 out of every 3 calls. When I canceled my service, they asked me why, I very politely told them the issues... their response was "OK". First carrier I have ever heard do that. Usually, they will bend over backwards to keep you. Every person I know with Verizon, with the exception of one is extremely unhappy with them.

Cingular/AT&T best of the bunch. Have had them off and on, several times, over the last 10+ years. I'll take whatever company phone you give me... but when the bill is up to me, I'm going with these guys. Best coverage, best customer service (they actually work with you to resolve issues).
Shockerx8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Wow didnt realize verizon had those issues, so far AT&T seems to have the less negative feedback
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject:

LABigBoi wrote:
The USS Ronald Reagan

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought of the best carrier in our U.S. fleet as well.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Verizon by far. Has the most towers. I switched one time to Sprint to save a few bucks but was back after my contract was up. I have Nextel on my second cell phone and haven't had many problems with them. Have had basically zero problems with Verizon in the past 10 years.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject:

I think it depends on where you live and where you want to call. There are some places along the Southern California Coast where Verizon is the only company that has towers. They seem to have relatively good coverage, but their plans tend to cost more. Their Internet is supposed to be faster than T-Mobile, but it costs twice as much.

T-Mobile is a lower cost per minute service. They have unlimited calling to five people. If you call the same people a lot, they might be your best option. If you have broadband at home, they offer a service where you can get a wireless router and unlimited free calling from home or WiFi locations. They have won a lot of customer service awards.

Metro PCS has a $35 per month unlimited calling deal. It's the cheapest unlimited calling, but I'm told they are mostly local. They don't require a contract. They also have unlimited messaging to go with unlimited calling for $55.

Boost is similar to Metro PCS, but they cost $55 per month. Again, they don't require a contract.

Sprint is working on a high powered network for internet uses, but they have a reputation of dropping customers who complain. Their coverage is also not that great at this time. If you don't like contracts, Virgin Mobile has the Sprint network in a pre-paid service. It's pretty cheap if you only call in emergencies.

I know people who love Nextel, but there seem to also be a lot of customers who hate it.

AT&T seems to cost the most, but they have a pretty solid network, especially Internationally where they tend to be strong. They have excellent phones.

Helio has a high speed Internet setup. There cost is a bit high, unless you get their unlimited service. If you use you phone a lot, it may be worth the cost.

There is no perfect cell phone service for everyone. What service is best for you will depend on where you live, where you visit, where you call, your budget, how much Internet access you use, and the amount of calling you do. One phone service does not fit all. Most people on budgets tend to gravitate to T-Mobile. If you aren't worried about money, Verizon is a solid choice.
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject:

It depends on where you live. I live in the valley (Woodland Hills). I have T-Mobile. My contract is going to be up in a few days and there isn't a fat chance in hell that I'm going back to them. The have the WORST service! There have been countless time when calls have been dropped. There have been occasions when my voicemail was out-of-order. I can't get a good signal 50% of the time I use my phone.

My concern was also about my minutes. That's the only reason why I signed with T-mobile; they offer a lot of minutes. But it is too bad that most of them don't work. There are a lot of companies that are offering unlimited minutes now. I'm going to look into every single one of them.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments in life that take our breath away"
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I LOVED Verizon. Had it for 7 years.

Now... I love my iPhone.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Ive had Verizon my whole life... then a year ago, my office gave us Blackberrys with AT&T... its cool but there are places where i get no service that Verizon gets. Thats the thing that sucks!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject:

If you live in a major metro area, Sprint is OK, but their coverage area is horrible if you travel.

ATT and VZW have the best overall coverage, depending on your area. ATT is much nicer to deal with in my experience (VZW are real aholes and less knowledgeable), but vzw has the best combination of cell phone and aircard data capability.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Verizon.
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject:

at&t + iphone. do it and be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Lets see:

Rats- Bubonic plague
Monkeys- Ebola, HIV
Mosquitos- Malaria, West Nile
California produce- E Coli, Salmonella

Tough choice...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: