Free Agency completed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

no way no how does Minorbravo gives the moon to Joe Barely Cares.. Time thinks JBC is his.. but I have my secret potion that out coach Chef B.Y.Dee concocted and Joe Barely Cares is OURS!!!
hsenation
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about that...Time's coach is responsible for the polar ice caps melting, worldwide climatic change, and Al Gore's sudden popularity. I'm pretty sure that would be enough to get JB on board. Although, I think JB may be wondering how they play ball at the South Pole upside down...
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DAMN THAT GLO BHULWAR MING!!!
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:

in other news:

TMZ announces a Joe Barely Cares sighting at a Greenpeace/Global Warming Convention. JBC to Antarctica is looking closer and closer each day. We the Swedes would be heartbroken.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:

An absolutely vital agent request that defines the entire shape of free agency is out to minrobravo, GM of Hiroshima and holder of 48 million in cap room. Until he responds nothing else can happen at the top of the free agent food chain. Every effort has been made to contact him and hopefully Bravo will arrive soon.

It's that offseason domino effect in play.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
in other news:

TMZ announces a Joe Barely Cares sighting at a Greenpeace/Global Warming Convention. JBC to Antarctica is looking closer and closer each day. We the Swedes would be heartbroken.

Antarctica has been forced to reconsider its interest in JBC. It has come to light that Joe barely cares about global warming (along with pretty much everything else).
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Tim Duncan signs with...

Harlem - Tim Duncan (02-03) 29
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
Tim Duncan signs with...

Harlem - Tim Duncan (02-03) 29

I'd have to consider Harlem the favorite with this signing.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject:

this is why i went with bigs for my first two picks.

becuase i knew someone was gonna make a roster like his
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if Hiroshima is going after Joe Barry Carroll now... I have sleepless nights thinking about this (BTW I WORK AT NIGHT)
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Have to agree. He has two GOATs (and unarguably the GOATs at that) at their positions on his roster and some damn good players filling in the other three spots. Will be tough to beat.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Have to agree. He has two GOATs (and unarguably the GOATs at that) at their positions on his roster and some damn good players filling in the other three spots. Will be tough to beat.
I still think Magic is the GOAT. There is not a single player in the game that can play all five position at an All Star Level. NONE.... They might say Lebron, to which I say.. Magic played C in the NBA Finals againts a huge front line vs. Caldwell Jones, Darryl Dawkins, Dr.J, Bobby Jones and he OWNED THEM.. as a rookie.. that means no REF/STERN protection... I dont think MJ or Duncan(looks at the refs if a foul isnt called whenever he misses) can do that. NoOne.. NADA... Like Alicia Keys said.. NO ONE.. NO ONE.. NO ONE...
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Man, some teams sound like they're giving up.

WSU's deep, talented, versatile, and ready to make sure all yo kids don't grow!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Next major free agent signings...

Zeke signs with...
ANTARCTICA - Isiah Thomas 26

Fo Fo Fo signs with....
NEW YAWK - Moses Malone 25
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Soy wrote:
Man, some teams sound like they're giving up.

WSU's deep, talented, versatile, and ready to make sure all yo kids don't grow!

I'm not giving up, just buttering him up for the slaughter.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
Next major free agent signings...

Zeke signs with...
ANTARCTICA - Isiah Thomas 26

Sweet!
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject:

this is when you see the Men separated from the Boys... The Men.. sees this signing and its a challenge... the Boys gonna run to momma and hide... Time for all the GM's to either prove they are one and not the other...
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject:

No one's giving up. I have already started working on my strategy to frustrate 2Cleva's team to no end and make lil Timmy cry. Maybe MJ will call him a 'kitty' and make him cry too?

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Tim Duncan does not cry; he leaks lubricant.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
hsenation
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:

don't worry folks...I've got Jeff Gillooly and Tonya Harding working on this case...I can't wait to see Tim on the ground grabbing his knees yelling, "WHY? WHY?..."

I don't have a joke, I just wanted to say "Gillooly"
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
No one's giving up. I have already started working on my strategy to frustrate 2Cleva's team to no end and make lil Timmy cry. Maybe MJ will call him a 'kitty' and make him cry too?
Hope you're right man.. but from experience playing this game... once they dont get who they want.. or someone makes a great move that they feel they should have done.. they start mailing it in.. that is why on this game.. its almost the same set of guys playing.. from the very first time we played this.. TIME, CLEVE, SOY, COVIIE, AABS, HSENATION, RDOG, BadNewsB... These guys and some I probably forgot.. all the time.. Hope to see you in the future game Jeff.... But you'll understand when you see GM's being absent alot... won't even turn in a gameplan... Last year. .this team got voted into the playoff and the guy just blew it off..
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
I still think Magic is the GOAT. There is not a single player in the game that can play all five position at an All Star Level. NONE.... They might say Lebron, to which I say.. Magic played C in the NBA Finals againts a huge front line vs. Caldwell Jones, Darryl Dawkins, Dr.J, Bobby Jones and he OWNED THEM.. as a rookie.. that means no REF/STERN protection... I dont think MJ or Duncan(looks at the refs if a foul isnt called whenever he misses) can do that. NoOne.. NADA... Like Alicia Keys said.. NO ONE.. NO ONE.. NO ONE...

I meant GOATs at their position.

Personally, I hate the GOAT debate because players are different from era to era and position to position. Can you really compare Kareem and Magic? I don't think so. Magic was far more versatile, but Kareem (in his prime) was far more dominant. I don't think Magic was capable of carrying a team like say a Kareem, MJ, Kobe (had to throw him in there, you know ), or Duncan. However, on a very good team, he was probably more valuable than any of them since he'd make every good player even better. I don't really think there is a way to completely quantify a player's worth as opposed to another, especially when they are completely different players. Therefore, I prefer to label players "GOAT at their position" rather than overall.

So what I really meant was MJ (GOAT 2) and Duncan (GOAT 4), which is I think is a consensus among just about everyone, including Sky who made the rankings.

Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
Hope you're right man.. but from experience playing this game... once they dont get who they want.. or someone makes a great move that they feel they should have done.. they start mailing it in.. that is why on this game.. its almost the same set of guys playing.. from the very first time we played this.. TIME, CLEVE, SOY, COVIIE, AABS, HSENATION, RDOG, BadNewsB... These guys and some I probably forgot.. all the time.. Hope to see you in the future game Jeff.... But you'll understand when you see GM's being absent alot... won't even turn in a gameplan... Last year. .this team got voted into the playoff and the guy just blew it off..

That's a bummer. I've already been having a great time playing this, and we haven't even gotten to the gameplans yet (which I really look forward to). I hope that people that commit to this plan to see it through, because it really ruins it for everyone else if they don't.

In any case, don't worry about me. I'll be here to the end, even if it means shouting insults and throwing beers at the players from the stands during the Finals (especially if RonRon and the Suns make it).

Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Someone was going to sign El Chupcabra Duncan. I thought about waiving Tiny and going after him myself, actually.

But sheesh - if the guy was intimidated by Shaq, what's playing against Wilt FREAKING Chamberlain going to do to him? Someone buy the Flake from Wake two plane tickets to the Riverwalk, because after Bemidji gets done with him, he's going to need a vacation.
Soy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Amare eats Duncan for breakfast, and craps nuts and bolts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: