***LAKERS @ HORNETS Game Thread 11/12***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: ***LAKERS @ HORNETS Game Thread 11/12***

5:00 PM PST
KCal

ESPN's Accuscore picks New Orleans to win 51% to our 49%

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
McSassy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject:

My beard picks the Lakers to win 101% to their -1%
Ghost of Shaq's Donut
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Lakers Vs. Hornets Predictions for Tonight

I see Phil pulling Vlad in the First four minutes to get a look at trevor playing with the starting 5.

Kobe 27/5/6
Pau 22/10/2 blocks
Andrew 12/14/4 blocks
LO 14/10/6
Trevor 13/ 4 steals
Radman 8 pts
Fish 10/5
Farmar 12/7
The Hair Band 8 points and 2 techs

Last edited by Ghost of Shaq's Donut on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
818lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:

what about the machine?
chubby_1_kenobi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject:

If someone even as much as mutter the word "true test", I'm coming over to his house to smack him on the head.

Last edited by chubby_1_kenobi on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
McSassy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject:

818lakers wrote:
what about the machine?

He's scheduled for an oil change.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject:

will there be a replay of this game later on tonight?
airkewld
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject:

Hornets, watch out for the freight train pulling into the Big Easy.

After the emotion last night, I do not see it letting up!

((((((Chills)))))))
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobezlegit24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject:

I hope we blow em out,and kobe goes off for 50,Im tired of hearing all this talk that Posey is the Kobe Stopper. Oh and on another note,I was on hornets board and they said MoPete is out tonight,so there goes another 81 point night
Ghost of Shaq's Donut
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject:

818lakers wrote:
what about the machine?

Inserted as the Hair Band
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject:

This will be our toughest game in maybe this entire month. Not because New Orleans is that good of a team, but because we are talking about the first ROAD back to back of the season, and this is the first time we're playing an elite team on the 2nd night of a B2B, on the road.

Also, last night's game was very tough, emotional and had to take a lot of out the guys.

Would love a win, but my expectations aren't great for this one.

Couple of things to watch out for. LA is playing a strong side zone and most teams have not made them pay with their shooting.

However, New Orleans has those sort of shooters, to consistently make LA pay for zoning one side of the court. Peja, Posey and Mo Pete are all good to great 3 point shooters.

Not sure if LA should play too much zone against them. They need to probably stick more to man D, and allow Paul to be a big scorer.

Bynum is critical in this battle. Bynum's got to find that balance of anchoring and keeping a body on Tyson. Pau and LO have to be aware of when Bynum goes to stop Paul's penetration, they can not ball watch or let Tyson get the 2nd chances, because he'll kill you that way.

Keys

On D
- Make Paul a scorer, not a facilitator.
- Keep Tyson away from 2nd chances.
- Limit open 3's for Peja/Posey/Peterson.

Offensively, they haven't really had a great game start to finish all year. They haven't had a good start by the 1st unit in the last 5 games. Last night, starters didn't play well on O at all. We need something from them as a whole (not just Kobe and Pau) tonight IMO.

Lakers can do this, but they'll need to play better than last night. Dallas is not anywhere near as tough as New Orleans. Can't afford another poor 1st unit showing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
airkewld
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
When New Orleans hosts the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday night, Hornets coach Byron Scott leads his team against the league's stingiest defense.

Good thing he has one of the NBA's most potent offensive weapons in Chris Paul.

With 21 points and 13 assists in Saturday's 100-89 win over Miami, Paul set an NBA record by recording his sixth consecutive double-double of 20 points and 10 assists to begin a season.

"That is very historical for him to be able to pass a name like that that's a Hall of Famer," Scott said of the record previously set by Oscar Robertson in 1968. "If he stays healthy and keeps growing as a basketball player, obviously he'll be a Hall of Famer, too."

Paul, who had 19 points and a career-best 21 assists in a 118-104 victory against the Lakers on Nov. 6, 2007, extended his steals streak to 89 straight games with four against the Heat. He leads the NBA in steals (3.3) and assists (11.7).

Paul added seven rebounds in his record-setting night against Miami.

"(20 points and 10 assists) is a very unusual stat," Paul said. "Assists only occur when your teammates do what they are supposed to be doing."

Tyson Chandler posted his second double-double of the season with 13 points and 10 rebounds, David West had 21 nine and Peja Stojakovic hit four 3-pointers and scored 12 against Miami.

After trailing Atlanta by eight after the first quarter of its 87-79 loss on Nov. 5, and scoring only seven points in the second quarter of its 92-89 loss at Charlotte on Friday, New Orleans (4-2) held Miami to 13 second-quarter points as it built an 11-point halftime lead.

"We haven't, for some reason, come out and played with energy," said Hornets swingman Morris Peterson, who received an MRI on his sore left knee on Tuesday and could miss Wednesday's game. "A lot of times we'd be playing to the other team's level instead of playing our game and doing what we do, which has made us successful."

Heading into Tuesday's game at Dallas, Los Angeles' league-leading defense (84.4) was the key to its 5-0 start. But that defense was largely missing through three quarters, as the Lakers trailed going into the fourth for the first time this season.

Los Angeles held Dallas to 39 second-half points and won 106-99 to extend its streak of holding opponents under 100 points to six games

"Nobody panicked," said Kobe Bryant, who scored 13 of his 27 in the second half, including seven in a row during the fourth quarter. "We just kept at it."

Pau Gasol had 22 points and 11 rebounds, and Andrew Bynum added 11 and 10 as the Lakers improved to 6-0 for the first time since their 2001-02 championship season. They are one of two remaining unbeaten teams along with surprising Atlanta.

"We know what we're capable of," said Bryant, who averaged 28.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 6.3 assists against New Orleans last season as the teams split four meetings. "We feel better about ourselves than we did last year. It's early, but we're on the right track."

Trevor Ariza tallied a season-high 13 off the bench and had a pivotal block on a Jerry Stackhouse 3-point attempt in the final minute.

"That's what we do, we try to change the pace of the game, play with high energy," Ariza said of the Lakers' bench, which outscored Dallas' 36-20.

link

Lakers 110
The Big Breezy 95
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

I've really been looking forward to this game, a game against a team some people say will challenge us for the Western Conference.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject:

tonight we lose our first game of the season. Hornets are rested, they had the day off yesterday and they're at home. Lakers had a tough game, 2nd of a back to back and probably got into NO late.

Lakers 85
Hornets 97 F

Paul 24/14
Peja 25
West 15/12

Kobe 31/6/3 5tos
Bynum 12/8
Gasol 15/10

X factor in tonights game : Posey
DK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject:

I think the challenge of staying undefeated will keep energy up for our guys for the most part. Plus, it's not like anybody played a 40 minute game last night. Lakers by 8.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject:

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:
If someone even as much as mutter the word "true test", I'm coming over to his house to smack him on the head.

Why? It will be a test. First back-to-back situation and against a team many say could end up in the WCF along with the Lakers.

Nothing wrong in saying this team will test the Lakers. It's not a shot against the Lakers. It's not pumping up an unworthy team. And it's not saying the Lakers won't do well.

It's a reality, this game will help be a barometer of what this fast start really mens.

NOTHNG wrong with that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject:

Yup, picking Hornets to win this one too, especially after the Lakers haven't really demonstrated yet that they can play a decent 1st quarter.

Best PG in the game. Terrific shooters. Well rested. Back-to-back. Lakers will make a late run, but Hornet will dictate the game.

102 Hornets, 93 Lakers

Last edited by slippy on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ComputerBlue
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

X factor in tonights game : Posey

OMG Ariza vs Posey; I totally forgot about that. Im scared.

Its like the unstopable force meeting the immovable object or something, you know one of those conundrums.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject:

The Lakers just have to make sure that they keep Peja in check. I expect the following match-ups to at least be even:

Kobe/Paul: They aren't going to guard each other, but they provide the most offensive impact.

Pau/West: It'll be interesting to see how Pau defends West after doing a great job on Dirk. I expect Pau to win this match-up since West has no chance of guarding him, and I suspect that West will have a hard time with Pau's length.

Drew/Chandler: Drew outplayed Chandler in both games last season, but with Bynum still rounding into shape, I expect this match-up to be more even. If Drew can control the boards against Chandler, which he was able to do last season, then that will be huge for the Lakers. Also, it will be important for Drew to make Chandler pay for helping on defense.

The Hornets have been struggling to score thus far in the season. Paul is going to get his points and probably West as well. However, the Lakers cannot allow Peja to put up big numbers against them. Other guys that the Lakers are going to have to keep track of are Posey, who's been lighting it up from 3 pt land, and Butler, who also has shot the longball extremely well.

Without a 3rd scorer, NO has no chance against the Lakers. The bench will likely win the game again for us tonight if the starters can stay close.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Vs. Hornets Predictions for Tonight

Ghost of Shaq's Donut wrote:
I see Phil pulling Vlad in the First four minutes to get a look at trevor playing with the starting 5.

Kobe 27/5/6
Pau 22/10/2 blocks
Andrew 12/14/4 blocks
LO 14/10/6
Trevor 13/ 4 steals
Radman 8 pts
Fish 10/5
Farmar 12/7

That is a lot of points to score in one game...

I want the Hornets to score in the high 70's/low 80's. Don't seriously care what the Lakers will score. Just want to Hornets to score that low.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject:

We will win because we are better.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Vs. Hornets Predictions for Tonight

tlim wrote:
Ghost of Shaq's Donut wrote:

Kobe 27/5/6
Pau 22/10/2 blocks
Andrew 12/14/4 blocks
LO 14/10/6
Trevor 13/ 4 steals
Radman 8 pts
Fish 10/5
Farmar 12/7

That is a lot of points to score in one game...

I want the Hornets to score in the high 70's/low 80's. Don't seriously care what the Lakers will score. Just want to Hornets to score that low.

NO's offense has been shaky to start the season. They had very poor offensive games against Atlanta and Charlotte - 2 teams that have size and athleticism. I think the Lakers are going to give them fits on the defensive end with their size, length, speed and athleticism.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject:

Ghost of Shaq's Donut wrote;
Quote:

I don't see Phil changing course just yet. We've been slow to start in the first six but Phil, in the past, has been reluctant to alter his strategy quickly. The formula he's using is working to date. I don't think he's going to change as long as it is. Ariza's coming off the bench has been a spark plug. We need the second unit to play with fervor and he's a cause. Maybe sometime in the future but not just yet. Bye the Bye, I'm picking the Lakers. I think they'll surprise some with a fast start. Our Bench Mob will perform as usual and that's going to mean a win.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject:

2nd road game of a back to back really puts our "back" to the wall.....

Whomever gives the most "Dynamism and impact" inbetween Kobe and Paul will lead their team to victory....

Getting 35 and 25 from the Pau/Bynum tandem would'nt hurt either...

Lakers: 102

Horbets: 97

Last edited by FreakofNature on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
AIRiza Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject:

So excited for this game!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58
Jump to: