***LAKERS @ PACERS Game Thread 12/02***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic loss. Defense and rebounding was bush league. Cant believe phil left bynum on the bench til the last 30 secs of the fourth.
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Embarrassing loss.

Now tied with the Celtics and on the way to blowing home court advantage in the Finals.

Boston technically passed us with that loss--we're officially behind them at the moment. Unfortunately it's going to be really hard to get homecourt against them if we make it that far (making these stupid and freakish losses so frustrating).

I didn't watch the game, but just saw the replay of that ridiculous tip in. We lose tomorrow and get ready for the barrage of "We can't handle the east" articles and posts. If they lose that game maybe there's some truth to that. THe defense problem isn't any kind of a daydream though--we can't maintain consistency there, and I just don't know how that can lead to a title. It's a personnel issue that a ton of regular season wins won't be able to hide.
Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Sleep it off and get back to work tomorrow.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I'm kind of glad they lost. Sorry to say. This is the kind of loss that's been coming. The lakers have played lazy for long stretches, then try to put the game away with a spurt. But tonite, they revereted to lazyball after the spurt. Pretty embarrassing.

PJ's coaching, at times, is a bit too inscrutable. I don't see how this team comes out this flat against an undermanned opponent. All the rhetoric about defense just seems like empty BS. And I place the blame especially on the "leaders" like Kobe and Fish and PJ.

I think PJ has to make players like Rad acountable for their bone-headed play because those kinds of lapses seems to infect the rest of the team. I was willing to look past it because Rad was contributing in more ways than just shooting at the start of the season. But lately, he's become a net negative.

Kobe forced some bad shots down the stretch ... well, it was a team collapse. He certainly wasn't the only culprit.

The only guy whose heart I won't question is Ariza.

But I don't want to hear anymore bs ABOUT HOW COMMITTED THEY ARE TO DEFENSE THIS YEAR. It just doesn't appear to be so. They seem more committed to outscoring other teams playing whatever level of defense their interest allows.

That won't work.

SGH

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject:

Time for phil to get off his $10mil ass and start coaching this team
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe forced some bad shots down the stretch ... well, it was a team collapse. He certainly wasn't the only culprit.

Sorry but you guys need to know the difference between bad shots and just missing. Kobe isn't taking shots he can't make routinely.

Perfect music.
DrHouse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject:

When the game was on the line Kobe took shots that he normally hits.

I would have liked to see him penetrate to the rim instead of settling for the jumper. He almost always gets the call, and even if he doesn't we have 2 footers there for a rebound and Ariza flying in for tip-ins. We have a high probability of extending the play if Kobe doesn't settle for the long jumper.
KB8RX7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject:

Kobe needs to stop doubling the post when his man is cutting. We got burned for like 10 lay-ups cause of him
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject:

Let's (bleep) stop with the "leastern" conference (bleep).

Celtics dominated the west last season and we are not having great success against the east.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe we lost to the... Indiana Pacers! I'm so sad that our second loss came to such a pathetic team. I jinxed us at the beginning of this thread, didn't I...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject:

How many teams will be able to say they played that badly and still threw the game away? It's a tough lost and one that shouldn't of happened but playingt so badly, things happen.

I'll look the beginning of the 4th for the reasons for the defeat, I was looking at the boxscore and the Lakers were up 104-88, next time I looked at it, it was 104-98 and the Pacers went on a 10-0 run.

But to look at the positives, Philly played the same night and their game went into overtime so it's not like the team we're facing tonight is going to be freash and ready to go 100%.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject:

lakers1969 wrote:
GASOFT JUST GOT BURNED

Oh well sometime you win and sometime you lose pathetically.

I warned you earlier in the game yesterday... sorry for the delay, I had to leave right after the game ended. This type of inciteful posting is against the TOS.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65
Page 65 of 65
Jump to: